Universal Agricola - (by Playdek, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 12, 2013.

1. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    If there are bugs, where do I report it?

Eg. Berry picker should work with the free w/c minor card, when you choose to take w, you also get a free food.

2. Strangiato

Strangiato Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    This isn't a bug. It is implemented correctly according to Lookout Games, even though the rule book in the physical game says it should work the way you say.

3. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I LOVE farming games. I'm addicted to farming games. Should I get this? If I love farming games would I like this? I'm playing a very popular farming game everyday and love it. Would I like this?

Are there iap?

4. limmyfox

Sep 11, 2011
    Shouldn't the most correct rules be located in the latest Agricola Compendium?

5. Strangiato

Strangiato Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I would have thought so. But Hanno said to keep it the way it is currently implemented.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Purchased, but not yet installed. Going to check it tonight (if I can manage to get myself off of Animal Crossing New Leaf. Hmm...).

7. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    It's a strategic board game with a farming theme. Not exactly like Farmville or Harvest Moon...

Also, no iap.

8. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    No IAP yet, but there are two additional decks of cards scheduled to arrive later this year (which means you'll probably see them in 2014).

9. ChaosIsMe

ChaosIsMe Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Do you really need to categorize everything you say in a thread? I think people can figure it out on their own. It is really odd and kind of annoying.

Anyways, this game looks pretty interesting, on the fence about it, but may have to pick it up.

10. paradsecar

paradsecar Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Does the game offer a strong enough single player experience to warrant a purchase if I will never play MP or pass-and-play?

11. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Yes.

12. pbb76

pbb76 Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Thank god somebody brought it up!! Its getting right on my tits :confused:

13. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Me too!
    Single campaign? Or what?

14. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    I'm getting really close to hitting buy :)

15. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Well, there's no "campaign" as such, largely because that wouldn't make much sense, but there is a "solo series" mode that tasks you to play as many solo games in a row as possible, achieving an increasingly higher score in each one until you fail to meet the required "goal score".

16. shaver

shaver Member

Sep 6, 2012
    I think the affectation is awesome, FWIW (homage to the Star Wars race, I presume), and trivial to ignore if you don't share my impeccable taste.

I find comma splices to be more irritating.

17. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I just bought this. I think this is going to take some time to learn how to play. Even with the tutorial I was like, wow, this is complicated. Mind you, I only messed with it for about 30 min. Do people find the gameplay difficult to understand?

18. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Don't be put off by how confusing the game might seem at the start; much like Eclipse, Agricola is another of those games that looks more complicated than it actually is, and once you understand how the rounds, stages and stage action unlocks work (everything on the far right of town), everything else tends to flow naturally.

19. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Does anyone have a video of gameplay? No the boardgame, but iOS game!

20. limmyfox

Sep 11, 2011
    It was my first European board game played, took me a while to learn and after hundreds of games I'm still trying to be better at it. ^^