Universal Agricola - (by Playdek, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 12, 2013.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    That will be so cool. I hope this Agricola thread will still be active when I get it too so that I can ask questions...

2. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Pretty much the only game I've been really waiting for this year.

Dark Souls 2 will be next in March.

In the meantime I'll survive with Android Netrunner :B

3. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009

shadowrun returns is the only other one on my waiting list

4. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    That is one of many for me, but a big one near the top of my list no doubt!

5. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    Wait, wait, wait... Is there an Android: Netrunner app out that I don't know about? Please be the case... Heck, I'll even take an app of the Android boardgame (still on my must buy boardgame list, though I own Android: Netrunner and two of the deck expansions)!

6. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Fantasy Flight are strictly forbidden from working on an iOS version of Android until after they've converted Arkham Horror. :p

7. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    #27 Bool Zero, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    Now Arkham Horror is another game I want an app for, so I'll agree with you there! I own it and ran a few games and I still get confused from time to time on the turn process and little rules! Having an app of that game would be awesome! You know its a convoluted boardgame when there is an app out specifically for helping you keep track of turn process and player conditions! And I'd like to add Runebound to that list as well!

8. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    No, no, sadly there is none. I'm not sure there will be one ever. The day they release an A:NR app will be the day I quit everything else.

9. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
  10. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Been waiting for this forever! I've never played the regular game, but I've wanted to... and knowing Playdek's quality, this is an insta-buy.

BTW, the US link will be https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id561521557?mt=8 if you want to be a nerd like me and keep that open in a tab to refresh it tomorrow afternoon.

11. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Not my style game, but when it sale off adverb 5$ or free i will try it.

12. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Reflection: I read the first 4 pages of manual on-and-off. So far so good. As I have almost conquered Eclipse, I have confident I can understand this also.

Information: IIRC there will be 3 tutorials in the iOS version and as far as tutorial goes, Playdek has yet to let me down. Fingers crossed.

13. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Happy this is finally here, can't wait to grab it at 11.

14. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
  15. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    #35 oldgamer dude, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    He is a link to a vid if I did this right , hopefully I did . Nice animation.

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/19909/app-news-first-agricola-trailer-released

Sorry link isn't working. I just copied and pasted it on my touch . Um this reminds me a little of the farm simulations that Nintendo had on their systems - harvest moon I think was the name of it .

Anyways I'm not a board game person but the premise looks really cool. I just hope it wouldn't be too complicated to get into.

16. nuutsch

nuutsch Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Cant wait to try!!
    Any imps or vids? (Sanuku!!) :)

17. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
  18. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Agricola is a fantastic board game that gets played a lot in my house, I think I paid like $80+ tax here in Canada for it so the App Price is pretty reasonable if you ask me.

Don't worry if the game sounds overly complicated, especially for those that look up a tutorial for the actual board game because it does have plenty of pieces and boards so it looks overwhelming. The game is really easy to get into and is something the whole family can play and have fun, it's one of those games that is just fun to play with friends and family and more often than not I could care less if I ever win, not saying I don't try. ;)

19. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    For those on the fence, you can also play Agricola online here; the game features both 2-5 person multiplayer and the solo mode, and has the three base decks (E, I and K) available.

20. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Awesome sauce, dude. Thanks for the link.