Agile Lie Detector

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by BulletDev, Dec 31, 2008.

1. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    #1 BulletDev, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
    I just came across an interesting app called "Agile Lie Detector". As the title suggests, it claims to be able to pick lies apart from the truth. I haven't tried it out yet, but if anyone else is interested it's $7.99 and available here.

PS: Arn you should post this in the iPhone Blog on Macrumors.

Update: I found a few more (cheaper) apps with the same functionality, just search "Lie Detector" in iTunes.

2. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I knew this app since the days of my Nokia 3650. It never worked for me. I also tried the free version available for iPhone, still not working.

3. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I don't understand how a lie detector would work efficiently on the iPhone.

Can someone explain this? Or is this just some app that's meant for entertainment/fun?

Thanks.

4. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    lie detectors arnt allways accurate anyway, and you can learn to get past them so i cant see a phone version being very good

5. Blueseas25

Blueseas25 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    #5 Blueseas25, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
    It uses VSA (Voice Stress Analysis), which is a controversial way of analyzing voices for "micro-tremors" and patterns that supposedly indicate when a subject is lying.

I had a paper on this for a Psych class years ago. In its present form the technology really doesn't work, and that was with commercial quality microphones and testing equipment. I wouldn't bother wasting $7.99 on an application like this.

6. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Ok, thanks. I was just wondering about it, there was no way I was going to waste my money on one of these. :p

7. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Yeah its pretty much for fun only.

8. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Oh OK. Thanks for explaining, I'll save my money now.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The only way to make a plausible lie detector app is for someone to make an accesory to plug it into the iPhone that analyze a person's seat ducks, but that involves either beaming a person with electromagnetic waves or strapping the person's arms with electrodes to a metal pole, yeah... that ain't gonnna work out.