Universal Agent Wonky (by Michal Walaszczyk)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 2, 2018.

1. applicattura

applicattura Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Thanks chomi3, glad you enjoyed Wonky. I am actually prototyping a next game, can't take a rest :D Good luck with your "Scalak" game!

2. applicattura

Sep 1, 2015
    Hi, I am going to release the update of the game in few days. It will reduce the overall size of the app, it is way too much as for now. Thanks for all the advices to improve the game :)

3. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

No answers... :(

4. applicattura

Sep 1, 2015
    FiloMJ sorry for that, I missed your post! The game is a freemium mode, so yes there are forced ads. I am actually preparing an update to improve the user-feeling between gameplay->ads, rebalance the game a little and go from 190mb to 130mb.

5. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I understand that advertising is inevitable for most indie developers. My heart was sick when I saw that the indie developer of my favorite game confessed that his advertising income was small enough to buy a glass of juice a day. :(

6. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    thankyou

7. applicattura

Sep 1, 2015
    Nyan thank you for your kind words, appreciate it ;-) I am not giving up, but have to create something better. Meanwhile will update the Wonky game, so the overall feeling will be better balanced.

8. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    I actually agree with the not losing automatically if you swipe the wrong direction, but I think there is a middle ground between it and being able to automatically win if it’s changed. Can a wrong swipe not still penalize the player without it automatically causing a gameover? Maybe the player can have three wrong swipes and the player’s life can be incorporated into the game to where certain things can happen to where the player can earn lifes back. Or maybe a wrong swipe makes the bad guys speed up until the player gets a few correct swipes to slow them back down. It seems like there would quite a few other options to make such a quick reaction style game not be over so quick that it makes it hard for a player to get into.

9. applicattura

Sep 1, 2015
    Have just sent the update to the Apple Team. Many bug fixes + much app-weigh reduction

It sounds great, thanks for the idea :eek: will test it tomorrow! Would be great if you could pm me on twitter @tap_hero to chat about the game :)

10. applicattura

Sep 1, 2015
    The update is available in the store.

TheGodless going to prototype your bad-swipe-solution today :-D

11. applicattura

Sep 1, 2015
    I have just uploaded a new update with a new tutorial. Hope it will be better for the new users.

TheGodless I prototyped the idea with a speed up after the mistake, check the video. What do you guys think about it, I am not sure is it a good choice.