Universal Agent Dash (By Fullfatgames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 1, 2012.

1. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    So this will be the first Temple Run spin-off I keep on my iPhone since Temple Run.

Pros
    • I like the difficulty
    • I like having to get through levels to attempt the new stuff
    • Gems are coming slow but steady, I think it is a fair pace
    • Prettiest runner around
    • Fun
    • Different enough to not be a rip-off, although I wish they had changed more such as the coin sounds as you collect them and more innovative power ups that are different from TR.

Cons
    • I want to turn off power-ups so I can run just the magnet (my gem count was higher before I bought the big diamond and the jetpack)
    • Starting a game takes WAY to long. Temple run, press the icon and you are playing in < 15 seconds. Agent Dash puts you into two very long loading screens.
    • Some lag when playing at times, which is unforgivable in a game like this.

2. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    This actually makes me wonder if something is wrong with my game, because I don't average a third of the coins I get in SS...:eek:

DBC

3. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I actually like this game. I usually hate endless runners. Not this one. 2 thumbs up. :D

4. Craddlecat

Craddlecat Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2011
    They need to fix the lag that occurs some times.

5. {:L.S:}

{:L.S:} Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Finally got out of the base. Not by much, though. Only got round the first couple of corners.

6. hardik

hardik New Member

May 11, 2012
    The game graphics are captivating & innovative,given that it cms only in 29mbs
    Initially i wondered hw the hell m i goin to gt thru the secret dungeon,it ws so tricky with dark paths ahead,but i gues that was actually because the dificulty level of the game makes the gamers more & more interested in coming back & again to complete it & at last u succeed in doin that with more neatness.
    Although m guessing that nxt post is surely goin to be a huge Bug fixer as the game crashes very often & also tks quite long to load & hopefully game-center leaderboard inclusion along with fb

7. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Hey guys, question:

When you go to the select agent screen, what to the gun switches on the top right mean? Silenced gun and golden gun. Are they upgrades/score boosters or just aesthetic? Takes me a while to raise 5000 gems and if it's not a useful thing I'd rather save them. :)

Thanks!

8. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010

Yup, I can't stand those loading times either.

9. kailak

kailak Member

Aug 6, 2012
    the difficulty is just right imo, keeps the replay value up :)

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Picked this up again and i dont know what i didnt see last time, but this game is amazing. Something about it just calls out to me, so id play it, and i did... Maybe it's the game's charm. I dunno, but it's great. I dont know why i gave it less credit before. Probably because i was playing too much TheEnd and Subway Surfers, that the differences made Agent Dash look inferior somehow. Now i know im wrong. This game rocks.

11. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Game Impressions

I really like it too—I’d rank it #2 in the genre, behind Temple Run but ahead of Subway Surfers (all of which are unique and worth having; and I’m somewhat interested in trying Pitfall and One Epic Knight as well).

However, AD is not beginner-friendly in the way Temple Run and and Subway Surfers are. It’s instantly fun just as those two are... but very quickly you hit a bit of a wall of not-fun challenge: frustration and futility! Even for Temple-Run-style veterans, I think. But break through that and the fun comes back! It’s a keeper for sure.

12. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    I have Temple Run, Subway Surfers, Agent Dash and Pitfall.
    I definitely recommend you give Pitfall a try. I tried One Epic Knight and I think it's OK. Feels rather slow compared to the big dogs. The controls are kinda off too (again, compared to the previously mentioned games).

But hey, it's free for now. So you spend nothing but a few minutes by trying it.

I agree Agent Dash's difficulty curve gets pretty steep rather quick. On a good run I barely make it past the second lab. Still fun though.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #113 Exact-Psience, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    I have almost all the runner games (decent ones at least) and I think the top behind-the-beck runners are Axon Runners, Subway Surfers, Agent Dash, TheEnd, Temple Run, One Epic Knight, and Pitfall. Axon Runners may look like a Tunnel Runner, but it sure plays and feels like a BTB runner a whole lot more.

One Epic Knight is going to have an update with more responsive controls and versatile movements, so im pretty sure it will now belong in the top runner games list, together with Agent Dash and the rest of the titles i have mentioned.

14. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Good to hear that! I'll have to try it again once it's updated.

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Agent Dash gets difficult, but still think Axon Runners probably has the highest learning curve control wise (they seem easy but in practice are much harder).

I really like Axon Runners, but got to the point where the level I was just getting frustrated trying to obtain the score required for the next level (don't have it on my iPhone at this point due to its enormous size, but it was the level where I believe you needed like 350,000 points to advance).

Agent Dash's controls work nicely. It's the speed and hazards that get progressively more difficult (as they should). I learned what to look for to avoid hazards coming to get to the town nearly every time, but beyond that, it's rough. I love it though. As I mentioned before, the adventure style progression of the game gives it an edge over the others in the genre.

Pitfall is probably similar but can't play it. I think One Epic Knight will be better once the controls are more responsive.

16. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I really enjoy agent dash quite a bit, I've made out the villain's lair only once. I can make to the bridge but getting across it is another thing. (I use the woman agent only)

17. Poly

Poly Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Today, I will play this action game. First time, I will play it.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Rockin bases with Jawbone, and on my way to completing all upgrades. Then to increase the multipliers, and then try out for some high scores. :D

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Updated with more content and some tweaks. :)

I hop the new characters arent IAP only.

20. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    A brand spanking secondary, premium currency has been introduced for your grinding pleasure(for those tired of gems), so naturally a lot of the stuff is obtainable via that instead of actual money or some good old fashioned grinding.

- Joanna Goodtug and all her variants are now premium. So if you had not obtained her on the previous updates with just gems, it's considerably harder now.
    - Wheelchair guy, voodoo guy, The Queen and the golden variants of Dash and Goodtug are now premium.
    - The continues are now premium.
    - They've removed coin multiplier and replaced it with Cloak powerup. Double gems start appearing after the third stage. I assume triple will show up eventually. I had almost maxed out coin multiplier so...thanks for making all the grinding I did go to waste, because all that grinding didn't transfer onto it's replacement powerup, Cloak (the logical thing to do). Everything else did transfer.
    - The loading time is definitely a lot faster. I think they sacrificed some graphics to manage that. But I can live with that. It's much more streamlined.

- No idea how premium currency is obtained. I haven't run into it. I don't get it after completing missions. I think it's only obtainable via playing the game everyday (which rewards you with 2 gem increments per day).....or IAP.

I don't mind some of these changes as much because I have been playing for a while and collected quite a few gems and unlocked many of the characters; but for the new player it's definitely Full Fat Freemium now.