Universal Agent Dash (By Fullfatgames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 1, 2012.

1. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    FYI, I was initially interested in this game until I found that playing it significantly diminished my formerly razor sharp "The End App" reflexes. I just deleted it for this reason.

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    You always start from the beginning

3. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #63 Eoghann, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    Good to know?

To each their own I guess. I prefer the three lane style. :) Even though the controls on Agent Dash need a little more tightness. And a more forgiving collision detection, at least a stumble like Subway Surfers, Temple Run and TheEnd.

4. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    If this game had a TAD tighter controls (smoother lane switches), a stumble as previously mentioned, it would be great

I wish this game and subway surfers could have a baby... haha

5. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    You mean there are more levels than just the jungle>base>town loop? Or variations within these ?
    I just about made it past the 5k distance mark and yet to findout what exists beyond base 2. The randomisation appears basic so far but it's still pretty fun and hectic after crossing the jungle

6. GSJ1977

GSJ1977 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    This game is really terrible at responding to my swipes. Devs could learn a thing or two from the people who made IB.

7. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #67 GiHubb, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    Always at the start. That's my major gripe with this game - it seems an "adventure" mode where you move from one base to another could have been so much more fun, where if you clear a base and die you start and attempt to clear the next base. Seems like a wasted opportunity - so much love and effort went into the environments and animations that I wish that gameplay wise this wouldn't be yet another one of those games I play for an hour, enjoy my time, but then never go back to.

8. Lance_TA

Lance_TA Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Agent Dash rules!!! :cool:

9. wendezeit

wendezeit Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    I totally agree. Even Temple Run now has the PermaWings power-up that lets you resurrect from where you died.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Starting from the very beginning of the "stages" does make the game feel a bit repetitive if you arent progressing in distance runs much. As for utilizing the background assets and randomizing locations, The End does a much better job.

11. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Saving 20,000 for Jawbones is going to be tough...

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahaha! That's exactly what im doing right now, and almost have 10k now. :D

13. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    It feels repetitive but it allows a sense of progression when you reach new areas that others lack

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yes, I completely agree with this. What's lacking from almost all of the "Temple Run" games is a sense of progression. I actually feel more of an accomplishment getting to new areas in this game.

As much as I like Subway Surfers, TheEnd and Temple Run itself, none of those games have that feeling. The backgrounds may change or randomize a bit, but you still don't get completely different areas.

As of now, at least, this is my favorite of the genre. I really think future games should use this as a base to add even more sense of "adventure" instead of just collecting jewels, coins, orbs, etc. in the what are basically the same environments over and over.

There probably was more that Full Fat Games could have done to add to the "spy" theme with gagets and stuff, but overall, I'm loving it.

15. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    And I completely agree about this... Almost all runners lack this adventure feel and its whats keeping me hooked to this one

16. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    One minor complaint. Sometimes in the base it gets way to dark and the visibility is too low to notice the obstacles. Maybe it's part of the strategy and gameplay but it's getting kind of frustrating dying so much from an unseen obstacle. Too many times the game ends and I'm like whaaa...totally did not see that at all. And tbh the characters are gonna take a bit of grinding to unlock. But otherwise enjoying it so far

17. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Yea I'm not seeing the obsticals that are killing me.

18. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Same here. I mentioned it a few pages back. Inside the lair it's dark, and I rarely see the gaps. Especially at higher speeds. Doesn't help that the agents are so sensitive to gaps and obstacles that the mere brushing against one sends them tumbling. xD

Rally needs a stumble feature. And a fixed camera. :)

19. {:L.S:}

{:L.S:} Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    I'm a big fan of endless runners and this one's up near the top for me, even though I can't get out of the base. :(

20. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Never took to Temple Run, Subway Surfers has the best touchscreen controls I've ever used but aged fairly quickly due to some issues with rewards (reasons to play), TheEndApp never got me, mostly due to some of "missions" feeling cheap...

This OTOH? If the IAP didn't feel quite so daunting and the collision detection/cheap death issues were tweaked... This might be the first endless runner with a permanent place on my phone.

This thing is just delicious in so many ways...

DBC