Universal Agent Dash (By Fullfatgames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 1, 2012.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    FullFat?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    A lot... Most of them garbage. They all legit clones too.

3. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Well, we had endless runners, now we have "endless temple runners". ^_^

You'd be better off contacting them directly on their Twitter or Facebook accounts if you really want a response; no developer is obligated to spend time on any third-party forum, even this one.

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... Temple Run is pretty much a sub genre now.

5. wendezeit

wendezeit Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Unfortunately this game doesn't bring anything new to the table in terms of gameplay, and the IAP's are expensive for what they offer. I'll be waiting for the infinite money cheat before I touch this again.

6. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Reminds me of a "so bad its fun" game called Pepsiman, dont know if someone has played it but you also ran, jumped and dashed collecting cans and avoiding obstacles, good times!

On topic, cant believe im gonna say it but I also sorely miss tilt control options.

7. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Love the game and its swipe controls

This marks basically the 2nd game to successfully use swipes in an endless runner/temple run style since Subway Surfers

However, there are a few issues

The gameplay is fine, grinding can be somewhat tedious but the biggest issues is lack of an on screen indicator for obstacles, when you are in the tunnels it becomes very difficult to see where you are going and very easy to die.

Games like Jetpack Joyride and Subway Surfers excel bc they are EASY to pickup and play games. One can play Subway Surfers with just one finger, easily and quickly swiping from lane to lane, that adds to the fun bc it is fast paced but not overly difficult. Once the game provides hard to see obstacles/paths and easy deaths it becomes not fun.

I am not looking for a NES style challenge in an endless runner I am looking to pick up a game and play it casually and enjoy each playthru, that becomes increasingly difficult to do when you are dying unfairly.

Hopefully the developers will either make the settings brighter or make some kind of indicator to let the players know when obstacles/changes of paths are coming especially in the tunnels.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    For those wondering about tilt controls, I think they may have originally planned them. I was playing this morning and not sure how often the "tips" while it's loading replay so I don't have the exact wording. But I'm pretty sure I saw one that said something like "Having trouble with the tilt controls? You can't adjust the sensitivity in the options".

There is still a sensitivity slider in options for the swipe controls (which I thought was kind of odd because I don't think I've seen a game with sensitivity options for swipes).

Anyway, I wonder if the game was originally intended to be controlled via tilt.

9. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Loving this! The hazards get a bit irritating at places where I die even when I think I timed it right (a problem that doesn't exist in subway surfers where the level design is more clear when it comes to obstacles)

But great addition to the 3D runner genre,I hope there will be more variety in the levels in future updates.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    There's a good variety, but you will have to run through almost the same skinned backgrounds till you get to the next areas.

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Agent Dash got a 1.1 update which fixes sime things, but please choose GameCenter over Fb for the leaderboards, gamers dont use Fb, we use GC

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That was quick for a first update. Not sure what issues it fixes, but definately agree that all these games that are starting to use Facebook connections for leaderboards or other purposes is getting to be a pain.

I'm not really a leaderboard whore so I just avoid FB in this game all together.

Surprised people don't seem to be jumping on this game. To me, it may be the best Temple Run clone. I liked Subway Surfers, but it became a bit too repetitive. I like the challenge of getting to new environments with this one. Keeps me trying for a different goal other than just a score.

Also, some say (including some reviewers) that the obstacles can be difficult to see creeping up on you. I actually like the fact that you really have to be on your toes to avoid them. And you can't really memorize them because the game seems pretty randomized during each play.

Anyway, great game IMO (minus the FB integration).

13. I like this game much better than Temple Run, it has better graphics and I like the fact that you can just play with tapping. Seems like all endless runners are going freemium nowadays. Guess that is good and bad for gamers that like this genre of games. I wonder if they make good money from these games.

Anyway, it is a fun game.

14. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #54 Eoghann, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    Man, I can't get enough of the endless runner genre. This will be one more awesome addition to my favorites!

I'm really enjoying it! It's definitely a must if you love endless runners! It's right up there with Temple Run and Subway Surfers in fun and quality! Recommended!

Lush environments keep me trying harder to beat the levels. Finally got past the lair and into the construction zone.

About Agent Goodtug. I see it's an homage to Pussy Galore most likely. I find it funny, hope some parents don't get too crazy over that and enjoy the reference. xD

It's a combination of the top endless runners out there with a nice twists and suprises. The controls are swipey like subway surfers, and you make turns left and right like Temple Run. You collect diamonds which help you unlock other agents (quite a variaty of them!) and upgrade power ups. You have objectives to complete.

It's a high quality game! So far I favor this type of swipe/lanes mechanism over tilt.

The characters are quite pricey. Not impossible to reach though.

The controls might need a little tightening though. Or the characters and camera much less bouncy. High to low settings don't make much of a difference that I've noticed. The action camera might need to be a little higher or stationary. I think it looks sweet but it's a little difficult to recover from when there are so many obstacles following a slide that are hard to see and prepare for when the view is so low. If a camera adjust is not possible, maybe enhance the slide with a slow motion, that makes the slide look much cooler and helps the player recover from a low viewpoint.

Maybe a slightly higher contrast in the darker levels. 75% of the times I died was coz i didn't find a discernible difference between floor and huge gaps.

15. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Looking forward to getting into this one, the only Temple Run "clone" I enjoy is Subway Surfers, since it's not a complete "clone" of Temple Run, but it adds it's own elements. The Bear Grylls one was ok, too. I didn't really dig that post-apocalyptic one... the name evades my memory right now, but you know what I mean.

Anyways, downloading this and can't wait to see what it's all about! :D

16. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    TheEndApp. Yep didn't dig it either. Liked the theme but the character animation of running and jumping was horrible. But yep really enjoying this game so far like it better than Subway Surfers!

17. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Game Impressions

Really liking it so far—I’m glad it’s not “just like” Temple Run, and I’d actually recommend that people have both games (and Subway Surfers too) on their device. More variety—in play, not just looks. Agent Dash is not redundant! Thanks for the game.

There is quite a variety of “stuff” going on—more to learn to watch out for. I like that. You haven’t “seen it all” right from the start, which means you’ll die while learning, but I appreciate the challenge/variety.

One request: iCade support! Works great in TR (which is surprising since TR uses tilt normally).

18. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    the good thing about the game is change of environment if you reach a certain distance which can challenge you so you can reach
    other places to make it short it is not redundant and boring (some part of the track also falls down makin the track unexpectingly awesome)

i also like that gun feature to shoot some blockades

graphicswise it tops other same game genre like temple run and theendapp

all the things you need to purchase are not impossible to attain

worth downloading

19. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    When you die do you always start back at the start or do you ever start at the next lvl?

20. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    You always restart at the jungle, unless you have a power up. The Backup Agent power up, then it let's you continue from where you tripped or died.