Universal Agent A: A puzzle in disguise - A spy themed puzzler (By Yak & Co)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TastyTadpoles, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Yep works here now!

Just played the first little bit getting into the house. Purposefully didn't watch any video of the game before hand and glad I didn't because the animation and the way camera zooms in to where you tap is really nice - wasn't expecting that! Veeeeery nice indeed

2. pedroda

pedroda New Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Very good game, shame it took me around 1h to finish..I feel is a bit expensive for one hr gameplay

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Wow...congrats...and sorry, if you were that good and fast.

I am (under) mediocre in this genre and it took me 4 hours, including three breaks for smoking and preparing a little snack. I got stuck three times badly, wandering around with ??? on my forehead...but i finished this game.
    Exact the right length for me, and now i'm wondering if i have to keep this game on my device, or will the next (last?) episode be a seperate app, Mark, please?

I'm definitely looking forward to part 2.

4. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    This game is incredible. Unfortunately is very short, you don't have to cover a very large area so it's pretty easy to connect all the pieces together. Everything was great, music, graphics and smart puzzles. And developers threw a hint at the end about future episodes so I can't wait for more.

5. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Just got it to download. Had to delete the partial, then grab it again. Going away to play it now...

6. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    I've played the game from start to finished
    It's an awesome game

- the graphics are gorgeous, transition from scene to screen is very smooth
    -the soundtrack suits the scene perfectly
    -the puzzle is not too hard and not too easy so everyone from kids to adult can play
    - the movie/story is cool secret agen-ish and well made
    -the game is indeed short and ends with to be continued

For the price it asked it's worth it get it now and support the dev so they can make the continuation for this great game

This game have a big flaw....
    Where is the SHOE phone????
    We need shoe phone on the next installment LOl

Sory for the bad engrish :p

7. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Worked!

8. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Finished the game, short but sweet, just as life is.

9. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Well that was time well spent :) Others above have pretty much summed up the review... Great graphics, programming, story and puzzles. They weren't too difficult or too easy, just right. Leaves me wishing for more, in a good way. Great job, Yak folks!

10. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Awesome. Great game, puzzles were a good difficulty, great music. Can't wait for the 2nd installment

11. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

Just completed it. Very cool game. Waiting for part 2.

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  13. TastyTadpoles

TastyTadpoles Well-Known Member

!!

Hey All, sorry we were at PAX today showing off Agent A so I have a few replies for y'all.

Firstly, all downloading on iTunes is now working, YAY!

Also a few people are asking about Part 2 and if it's a paid download. At this stage our plans are to make part 2 a free update if you have bought part 1, to really expand upon the gameplay and all the ground work we did in part 1. We built an incredible toolchain which is going to allow us to make an even better part 2, then who knows where it might lead.... game 2 perhaps if it's popular!?

On average it's taking 2.5hrs. Some people are clever and do it faster where as some people get stuck on a puzzle and can take over 5 hours. It really depends how logically minded you are in putting together clues with puzzles.

Our plans at this stage (might change later on) are to do a 1.1 update with some more puzzles for part 1 which will allow you to replay it, then release part 2. Part 2 won't be out til next year sometime, will have updates later as we go!

Haha Hi Roger, it is me. Yes I spent another 3 years making yet another game in my spare time along with my pal @jrdata2k
    Totally different to Tasty Tadpoles, I just hope you like it as much!

Thanks Alyce, nice pun too :)

^Thanks, yes thats one of the main reasons we wanted to go for a spy theme is because of all the hidden gadgets working so nicely with the theme, you're spot on there!

HINT: ignore the codes, they will come to you as you solve other puzzles!

Oh thanks dreadnok!

Hahah love it!

WOW that's amazing!

Oh brilliant, we put a lot of time into making all the 3d camera moves feel nice, glad you appreciate it :)

Don't worry, more content to come!

Hahah love the snack breaks in the middle, that's exactly what I do too! Sounds like it was just balanced right that you made it through, very cool!

HAhahahahah awesome feedback. Feedback like this makes it all the more worth it for us when we hear such supportive messages! Now to get on to part 2!

Poetic Roger!

Awesome review collider thankyou.

:D

We're working on more! Thanks.

Oh great one!

All in all thanks so much for the support everyone. After a long development period getting great feedback keeps us going so thank you to everyone who played and reviewed!

14. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Great responses Mark does part 2 come with this game or is it separate.

15. TastyTadpoles

TastyTadpoles Well-Known Member

Part 2 will come with this game. I think it's nicer if it flows on from part 1 and you can continue to play the game without stopping. What do you think?

16. background

background Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Auditor
    I took some time and finally successfully installed the game and played it out today, i enjoyed every minute of the process, especially the puzzle and story-telling, looking forward for more upcoming updates.

17. Sounds good to me! I would only suggest that you include the option to start the game from part 2, so people can delete the game without having to restart when part 2 comes out. Since there's no iCloud save. If I remember correctly, Broken Age did it this way.

18. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Great to hear, I don't mind playing trough the game again, because its so much fun.

Can you give an estimate on how long we have to wait for part two.

19. leocold

leocold Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    congrats really well-done, i enjoyed every secound of it.

20. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

I'm like a ios game-guru to a small group of people. So a few more buyers are on me. ;)

Also, I wish you luck in sales, so this gem wouldn't drown in the crappstore. (Don't get me wrong, there's too much things going on nowadays, It's easy to miss really cool games, like yours, if your are not publishing under some marketing giant)

And don't be ashamed to put some price on a part 2 if you feel so. I think that people who enjoyed the game wouldn't mind to pay another 1-2$(?).

Regards,
    Max.