Agency Wars

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by spawn12345, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Funny you say that because I just thought the same thing to myself.
    Once you have the highest level weapons, what's really the point of money?
    You get enough money per mission for your health and there really isn't anything more to do other than level up but big whooops. In the end, I think I've gotten more use out of iMafia which was free than this game which I've spent money on...there really isn't that much to keep you coming back for more unfortunately. Too bad because this was the most original of the bunch.

Haven't heard from the dev in a while and I'm still hoping it's a sign they're working on the update, rather than a hit and run...

2. Hamsteak

Hamsteak New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    I'll give that one a spin - and I guess just keep checking for AW updates,
    thanks

3. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Let it be known that although I got more use out of iMafia, I've boycotted their games due to what I consider shadey practices.
    Should you be silly enough to spend your hard earned money on their game and ever decide to reset, you WILL NOT get back your points you payed for.
    For that alone, I no longer touch anything by Playmesh...

4. Hamsteak

Hamsteak New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    hey - something else I was wondering about and forgot to ask/mention.

am I missing the point in the game at which you can "Collect items from around the world"?

I think I may have misinterpreted this line of text. I was kind of under the impression that there were uniques or something - maybe as bonuses for the hard missions, but I've yet to see any.

Are they there somewhere?

5. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I've collected one in a mission. Not sure how rare the gun was as as I honestly didn't pay much attention to it. All I know is that it was a rather weak weapon so I sold it. I wish and hope there are rare items that you can get that do more damage than the top 110k gun/knife/bomb but I have no idea. It's probably wishful thinking.

6. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I had no idea you could collect items. I have yet to get an item from a mission, so consider yourself lucky. Too bad the weapon was weak though but at least you got to sell it :)

7. Hamsteak

Hamsteak New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    come to think of it, I think I did see a knife in the agent to agent swap shop once with a crazy name, seems like it was meager damage, though

8. j-u-r

j-u-r New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    #368 j-u-r, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
    I never saw one of these special items, either. Even though I was hopping from city to city doing only the hardest missions several times. These items was something I was hoping for, as I also already had all 110 K weapons.
    Apart from that the only thing that kept me motivated was reaching the leaderboard. I think I was quite close considering lvls, but then I stopped playing when I got nuked by this guy who was 2000 lvls below me due to me lacking health and attribute points - posted about it above.
    And now I think all the people on the leaderboard have reached what seems to be the absolute highest lvl of 27k somewhat and stopped playing. So this game really seems to be through. That was short fun for my money - not my idea of an MMORPG!
    I'm curious if they will think of something to revive this game - they better should!

9. LordCrom

LordCrom Well-Known Member

10. 00MixnAW

00MixnAW New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    My Friend Code

Hey people. My friend code is 74002 please add
    Thanks!

11. Chops420

Chops420 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Deleted

because:

1) Battery drain is reDONKulous. I get a 20% warning window and then not 5 min later I get the 10% then dead within 10 min. No other game (and I have quite a few) uses this much battery power.

2) The wait time between button presses (on wi-fi) are reDONKulous. Seriously I press missions, then wait, joint mission, wait, invite by city, wait... This game will make you spend more time waiting than playing - that to me is an action killer.

3) End game? Doesn't exist - you'll get so high in level that it becomes pointless to continue. Noone to kill and why bother with a mission when a) you have the best weapon so money means nothing AND b) your XP means absolutely nothing.

I installed Undead Live! today and this feels more like what Agency Wars should be. The reaction time on any click is almost instant and my battery can actually play this game for extended sessions.

I am not totally against Agency Wars because I did actually enjoy it for a week or 2 but the wait times, battery drain and crashing quickly killed the fun.

12. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I'm about to delete it as well.
    I have a sneaking suspicion more and more each day that they've taken our money and ran.
    Dev hasn't come on here in I dont' know how long, and I'm not so sure anymore any update will come.
    To me, it stopped being fun once I realized there's nothing more to get than the level 25, 110k weapon. There's 27,000+ levels for your character but no more weapons after level 25?????? Seriously?????
    What in the world am I still playing for??
    Can't compete with stats for wins/loss for those that payed the 10 or 20 bucks for the one hit kill weapon
    Money really means nothing anymore as I don't need it for anything as there isn't anythign to buy.....
    What's the point of this game now?

I have to say last week, it was my favorite mmo game, and now, it's the most dissapointing. I've never played an mmo where there were no more objectives so quickly.....In the end, I'm actually sorry I spent my money on this one...

Spent money on this, Watchmen....man, one more and I've struck out on 3 strikes.....

13. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    #373 hkiphone, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    I'm with you Mr Charley.

Haven't opened this up in over a week. Nothings changed, and even more rediculously hard to progress. My previous tactic of upgrading rapidly by chipping away at a high level player until I win fails now. He upgraded to super weapon and it's now impossible. And I can't find anyone of equivelent range either.

Essentially everyone needs to spend $20 to progress and even if I did, I can't catch up on the leaderboards, and will still end up doing nothing. I'm not willing to do that, so goodbye to this game. You had potential......
    I'm going to downgrade my review on HK iTunes to warn others about this money trap.

14. RobotMonkey

RobotMonkey Active Member

Dec 24, 2008
    No sir, I don't like it.

Well, after about a week, I think I'm going to give up on this one. No upgrade from the Lite version for me. The more I play this game, the more I'm convinced it's just a multiplayer version of the "I Am Rich" app. Whoever spends the most is the winner.

Even if the devs were to attempt to balance the game, their higher-paying customers will resent losing the "I Win" button they rightfully paid for, and realistically, they're the most important to keep happy. As for me, unless I shell out for at least the $10 version, I'll never amount to more than a mook for the premium subscribers to waste.

In my opinion, the light version is really just bait to keep the servers populated with cannon fodder for the REAL players. I'd pay for the 20 point version if I felt it was worthwhile, but I really don't feel it is, and due to the developers painting themselves into a corner on the game balance issue, I don't think it will ever be.

15. j-u-r

j-u-r New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I think at least this is not the case: when those you called the "real players" levelled up to the hundreds and thousands, which they will do as they have so powerfull weapons, they can't even afford to attack newbies on lvl 1 or similar low lvls for they don't have enough intel. This intel stuff is one of the few well balanced things, making sure you can only attack agents on a higher or similar lvl than yours - if lvls hadn't lost their meaning due to the levelling up bug :mad:

16. The Tron

The Tron New Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Add Me !!!

Add 92119

17. j-u-r

j-u-r New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    V. 2.0 is online!

...and all that's new according to the update's description in the app store is the possibility to set up traps at your real-world position!
    I had a brief look at it and couldn't find any other changes. Haven't played yet, but I definately still lack my points!
    Are they kidding us?! Since things got unpleasant as the community started to complain heavily, realizing what major problems this game has, there was no sign from unisonsports - as long as things were fine and people still happy he answered nearly to every thread on a daily basis.
    And now they put this update online, just introducing traps! And again - no word to the community if and when there will be another update fixing the real issues!!!
    What do you guys think about that?

18. Crowing

Crowing Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Cutco knifes salesman
    Claremont, CA
    lol after everyone just said its a horrible game due to frustration
    nice

19. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    My sentiments exactly.
    I hate to say it but I feel cheated. You're 100% correct that unisonsports was here regularly communicating with us and now, not a word...and that's never a good thing. It just reaffirms my greatest fear which is that they took the money and ran.
    Please unisonsports, tell us that you're still working on the update to fix the levelling up bug and I'll remain patient but the longer you go without even an inclination of still being involved or caring about us as consumers, it just leaves a lot of doubt and a bad taste in my mouth.
    So with that said, I'm for real done with this game for now.
    I'll of course check the thread to see what's going on if anything but as far as I'm concerned, I'm moving on...unfortunately.....

20. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Thanks for the heads about about a 2.0 version... but just to lay traps???? At your "real-world location"???? What good is that for me in Hong Kong, when there's hardly anyone playing here??? And do they have to be EXACTLY at the GPS coordinates that I set it at? (what do I do then with a 1st gen iphone, or those with iPods???)
    I'm no developer, but I thought that jumps from 1.0 to 2.0 mean there's a big change or overhaul in the core gameplay, and point increases like 1.1 to 1.2 for small tweaks and additions. Just adding traps does not seem to justify a version increase to 2.0? Anyway, that's all rhetoric as I'm still not inclined to continue.
    I'm disappointed that Unisonsports has gone dark about this. As long as enough people continue to think that the only way to progress is buy the reward points for whatever it costs and they make money, they'll leave it at that. No need to kill their cashcow....