Agency Wars

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by spawn12345, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Illillilll

Illillilll New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Yup that's what I do but didn't wanna give away my secret LOL

2. j-u-r

j-u-r New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    #342 j-u-r, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
    I just had to find out, that the issue with missing skills when skipping lvls does also apply to health points! I got attacked by a guy, who was 2000 lvls below me! And even though he suffered 20 damage more than me per round I kept losing!!! I asked him: his max health was 5000, mine only 3120!
    He's clearing my bank account right now and there is nothing I can do...
    Guys, you really have to get this fixed, it simply does not work the way It is right now!!!
    I'm really kind of upset, as I spent money and time on this game to reach a high lvl and know have to find out, that it was for nothing and I'll have to reset after you fixed this stuff!

I can only advise everyone to stop wasting time on this until it's unbugged - unless you make sure not to skip lvls by just doing easy missions - but that's no fun either ...

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Agreed. I've put money into it, but have stopped playing and will wait for the update to specifically fix the levelling up bug. It hurts too much in the long run, though I guess if you think about it, it's the same for everyone.
    And even if all you do are easy missions, then don't fight against anyone as you can jump levels that way as well....

4. j-u-r

j-u-r New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    #344 j-u-r, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
    To the Dev!

Guys I've been thinking about this and it is a major problem! If I got you right, you are going to fix things by disabling lvl skipping all together. From my point of view that cannot be the solution!
    Think of it: on the one hand those players who were succesfull and efficient and climbed up several lvls at a time will still be lacking the HP and skills they should have, on the other hand if you really disable the possibility to skip lvls it will never be possible for new players to reach the lvls of the now most wanted players! Take Illillilll: I just looked it up, he's at lvl 23150 by now!!
    With just 269 missions and 472 fights won.
    A new player would have to accomplish at least 23150 missions and fights to reach this if lvl skipping ist disabled!

Therefore I see only 2 options:
    1. Leave lvl skipping as it it - it makes sense after all, but give each player the Skill and HP he should have according to his lvl (and not only for future levelling up, I mean!)
    or
    2. proclaim who ever it is right now the "winner" of Agency Wars 1.0 and start all over with 2.0
    These are the only fair options imho.

Guys, please don't let us - who invested in this game - down and think of a fair solution!!!

5. jcde7ago

jcde7ago Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Starting all over with 2.0 is NOT a fair solution. I do not want to have to climb back up to the thousands....might be ok for some people, but I definitely don't want the time I invested to go to waste. Just award everyone their due points, if it can't be done, create some assets that will aid only those who didn't receive their points (or heck even give us some agency rewards points). Even if you're getting killed at a high level, divert your points to different areas, and you'll still be able to win...but wiping all the characters and making everyone start over will not only piss people off, but they'll probably quite playing altogether.

6. j-u-r

j-u-r New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I don't feel like climbing up again either, I just recognize that I skipped a lot of lvls and now understand why I lost some fights which I should have won, which pisses me off, as my stats would look different if I have had my due points from the beginning...

7. j-u-r

j-u-r New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Maybe this would be true if it was just for skill points, but if your lacking lots of max health aditionally you wont't stand a chance! Take my example from above: I shifted my COMPLETE SKILLS to accuracy and speed as my primary weapon is the gun and so was the attacker's. The best ratio I could achive doing so was to "win" with 75 to 55 HP per round. But as he had a max health that was nearly 2000 higher than mine that couldn't safe me, for not the total damage but the damage-health-ratio does matter.

8. Illillilll

Illillilll New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    All done max level is 27,212. I get exp from fights still but doesn't add it to my exp towards next level unless it's saying my exp is 12949393/12949393 (made up numbers) just stating we can't see all of the exp. So ya that's that. Now what do I do since I can't level anymore that was fun.

9. DeejayKnight

DeejayKnight New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Web Designer / Developer
    Fort Bragg, NC
    It would be a lot easier if the XP area didn't display "99999999/99999999", but displayed the amount of XP until your next level, like this: "99999999".

Just a thought. I hope the dev implements that, because it'd be a lot easier to see how much XP there is until your next level. iMafia has the amount needed in parenthesis, and that would rock if it were implemented into AW. :D

10. Dobakat

Dobakat New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    little suggestions.

Hello to all,

I'm not sure in what language the game is coded, but guessing its sort of a web-browser game (which might be SQL or something like it) I am sure that the people (programmers) could make a little script that just verifies that the hit-points, intel and other things match the characters level and if not edit the information. This script could take a while to run it but it would only be required to be executed once. That is if the skipping levels things is solved.

In addition, I think in the new software they should make it so that every time you level it checks the experience points you have and check the next level and if you have enough to go up then gain a level, then re do the checking until you do not have enough experience to go up. This way every level you gain would award its hit-points and other stats.

As for the change in the game, I am willing to restart my character from zero in order to make it balanced for everyone. Nevertheless I do understand the people who don't want to and this is a hard choice for the directors of the game. :confused:

On another point, (specially for unisonsports and other people in the AgencyWars team) I have, like many people, experienced constant crashes, specially when going to missions, black market and headquarters. In addition, I think that the weapons for sale to people through the points have made the game very unbalanced. The game has virtually been split into two:small guns and big guns (paid). And we all know that the ones with big guns, which they didn't earn but instead bought, win most of the time in this game. I understand AgencyWar's desire to earn some money, but I suggest that the system is changed such that the guns they can buy only give them an initial starting help but then they become 'killable' by the people who didn't buy. My solution would be that the higher levels (you put the level) could also buy the guns at sale through the points, or weapons of similar stats. This way people would still buy the award points to get advantages, but other higher levels who can't or don't want to buy the 250 or 550 packages could earn those weapons and have the opportunity of a fair, balanced game.

It's just my opinion, let me know what you think.

11. Illillilll

Illillilll New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Your saying I didn't earn my end times bomb? I spent like $70 of my money that I earned by working. I'm not talking about missions here, I'm talking 9-5. And i'd be happy to start over if they fix the bugs but I'm not gonna delete my char and loose all my spent agent points.

12. DeejayKnight

DeejayKnight New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Web Designer / Developer
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Everything you added into that post is something I've thought about suggesting, but this part resonates with me.

I don't like the fact that you can't buy the weapons later in levels, or at least weapons similar to them. I haven't seen any weapons in-game that are even half the power of the super weapons.

There should really be some sort of degradation of the weapon. Something like a two-hit-point drop every time you use it until it's in the realm of regular weapons (but still a bit better, of course).

Also, the attribute point check based on level is exactly what I was hoping they added to the update. Here's hoping it releases soon, so I can test that theory out! I'm not exactly in a rush to reset, but I will when the update drops.

13. DeejayKnight

DeejayKnight New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Web Designer / Developer
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I don't think that's what he's saying at all, it's just that when you have a weapon that's ridiculously overpowered compared to what's available to other players that don't want to pay for their upgrades, people get annoyed.

Personally, I have over thirty people on my ignore list because they have super-weapons and continuously found me and defeated me until I had no money left. The only way for me to combat a 250 hp damage weapon at level 25 is to pay for a weapon myself, which is unfair to those who either don't want to pay for a weapon or don't have the money to pay for one.

Agency Wars (and the other mob games that allow you to buy points, but don't allow you to earn them) is set up in a way that it ends up a "haves" vs. "have-nots" battle, which is unfair to the gamer.

I think it would be a lot better if they took the EA route in regards to the weapons (I can't believe I'm saying that):

• Make the weapons available for purchase for points in the outset, but give people the chance to earn them.
    • Make the same weapons available at a later level for those playing AW Lite. Maybe 5 levels after the AW players would earn them.

This would still be a fair way to distribute weaponry. Those that can't wait to earn the weapons can pay for the points to get them. Then, those who prefer the free game can still earn them, so they're not getting completely demolished the whole time.

Example:

This way, everyone has access to the weaponry, and those who pay for the points are paying a "convenience fee" for not having to earn them in-game.

Or, have two versions of a weapon.

End Times Bomb and the Armageddon Bomb.

End Times has 300 dmg, Armageddon has 250 dmg. Armageddon can be earned, End Times can't.

People who paid still have more value, but attribute points take it from there.

Not perfect, but it's an option.

14. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Wow so many iMafia type games. There's like 10 different copies of that Mafia one and then there's that Undead one. Now it's this one. Wonder what devs come up with next.

15. jcde7ago

jcde7ago Member

Oct 20, 2008
    It's already too late for this. The people who paid $20.00+ for rewards points are certainly going to feel cheated when they find out they paid for a weapon that's only 50 points higher in terms of damage compared to one that could be earned in the lite version, where people didn't have to spend a single dime. There is no parity between $20.00 and free AT ALL. And 5 levels at the onset takes all of about 20 min. of playing time, and 10 levels not much more. So you're saying someone spends $20.00 on a super weapon at level 1 and then someone else can buy something almost exactly the same at level 6? Kinda crazy there. If you want some parity, then make the super weapons available for like $1,000,000...too much, right? Well, that's how much I feel my time/convenience in paying something like $20.00 is worth. It's not exactly a completely unfair playing field when in all technicality, everyone has the choice of buying the better weapons...i am not saying everyone can necessarily afford to, but the access is there. And you'd have to make a pretty good case for why someone rocking an iPhone or iPod Touch couldn't afford to spend money on a game for them and instead claim poverty ;)

16. DeejayKnight

DeejayKnight New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Web Designer / Developer
    Fort Bragg, NC
    #356 DeejayKnight, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
    Don't get it twisted here - I paid for Agency Wars. I didn't spend the $20, but I paid for it, and these are suggestions I'm offering that can change the situation to make it more fair for all involved.

I removed a line in my list without adding the information to one of the other items, and it was the suggestion that the free users can earn the weapons after paid Agency Wars users have the chance to earn and pay for them. The idea was that a paid user could earn a specific weapon later in the game, maybe level 100, and the free users would take another 100+ levels. Add in the fact that the update supposedly stops level skipping, and it wouldn't be as quick to gain levels as you suggest.

My hope was a combination of the two: Have a similar weapon that isn't as powerful as the paid weapons and capable of similar damage that costs a large amount of in-game money.

• Have a similar weapon that isn't as powerful as the paid weapons and capable of similar damage that costs a large amount of in-game money.
    • The higher the level of weapon, the more levels and money are required to get it but the paid users still have the weapon they want, it's still more powerful than what everyone else is capable of getting, and they can still get it immediately after purchasing the app.

Add on the fact that all users who've paid for points still get the points, and I don't see how they can be all that upset. There's still custom weaponry that no one else can get, and they're capable of having far more attribute points than anyone else - even with AW: 20, you have access to 20 more attribute points than everyone else.

I'd imagine it to be nearly impossible to beat someone who has 500 points of extra attribute points, so to suggest that those who've paid for points would be disappointed without consulting them is a bit one-sided.

The chance of the devs using any of my suggestions is already nonexistent, so why get so bent out of shape about it unless you're trying to defend yourself...

I have an iPod Touch, as well as multiple friends of mine, and I'm probably the only one to pay for one... Just because something doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean that it doesn't make sense. ;)

17. j-u-r

j-u-r New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    #357 j-u-r, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
    I think it's no use giving the devs advice how to change weaponry regarding super weapons as I don't think that any changes will be made concerning this! It is just the way the game was designed and they want to make some money with it - fair enough. I understand the frustration of lite or AW 20 players, but it is how it is and money has been spent and you can't change that what people got for their money afterwards, nor can you decrease the advantage of super weapons as it is this advantage the folks paid their 10 bucks or more for. And I cannot imagine that the devs are willing to make any changes about this at all.
    A completely different topic is the levelling up bug and that is what discussion should focus on, as we know that it really will be fixed - and it has to! The question is just how this will be done. And I hope the devs will do it in a decent way that won't dissapoint the people who already invested lots of time and yes, money too, in this game. But weaponry has nothing to do with this - forget it! The devs have enough to figure out already!

Are you referring to players who got a paid version and invested their reward points in attribute points? I don't get the point as this has never been an issue! They got what they paid for. The problem of missing attribute and health points because of the lvl skipping bug affects all players who did skip lvls, no matter if or how much money they spent on the game! I just think that the way this is going to be fixed has to respect even more the interests of those who did not only spend their time but also good money.

PS. Haven't seen unisonsports around lately. I hope that's a good sign as it means that the devs are busy with thinking thoroughly about how to fix things, but still do read what the community has to say about this.

18. DeejayKnight

DeejayKnight New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Web Designer / Developer
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I was referring to someone's post earlier in the thread, not those upset about missing the points - I'm one of the people upset about the attribute point loss, and brought it up a couple of pages back in this thread.

19. j-u-r

j-u-r New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Ok, just got that wrong, didn't know what you were referring to.

20. Hamsteak

Hamsteak New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    #360 Hamsteak, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
    I enjoyed this one for a few days. I think I'm about done though.
    I've got all 3 level 25 weapons, so money is of no value. I'm at level 400-something. I complete every mission with relative ease. I win some fights and lose some fights, but there is not much joy in either.

I'm basically just logging in, checking the news to see who messed with me while I was away, exacting revenge, if possible, and then checking out.

Occasionally I do some traveling and pick a fight, but why?

It just seems a little early for me to feel like I'm no longer working toward anything.

Have they put out any updates for this yet?

I just remembered - I too was kind of taken back by how many attribute points I missed via level skipping.
    My total points to earned levels should be 3 to 1, plus 20 - but, if I remember correctly, it's more like 1 1/2 to 1 or so.