Universal Age of Zombies - by Halfbrick

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 27, 2010.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I do think this has an almost Minigore vibe but a bit more variety in weapons, baddies, bosses, and terrain that does effect gameplay (i.e. REAL OBSTACLES AND WALLS).

2. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Fun game. My main complaint is the special weapons button is hard to use. Since you have to be facing the direction you want it to fire and the joysticks re-center when you lift and put your finger back down (which is a nice feature) this also causes the special weapon button to move. So I often end up missing it because I remove my right thumb for a bit to get ready and it goes away.

3. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    THIS!!!! also can we get an auto-aim feature? I find that to be a lot easier for some.

4. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    How about a robotic arm that plays the game for you!

5. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    I sense smart-ass-ness

6. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    this worth the money(its only 1.80/$3 but :/ ) i mean is it got a lot more going for it than say minigore (bored of it because of lack of maps/guns/stuff)

7. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Agree others on the language bit. It's one thing if the Duke Nukem audience is who the devs are after, but if not I have a problem. I can't pass my iPhone to my kids with this game on it.

8. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I'm not real crazy about the language myself - not becuase I find it particularly offensive really (my kids have played it too) but mostly just becuase I find it unnecessary. It doesn't add anything to the game for me and just comes off sounding like a lame attempt to be edgy or something.

Otherwise, I like the game a lot... :)

...and yes, this is one of those games thats all about the survival mode and leaderboards. I think its more fun than Minigore.

9. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    So the vibe I'm essentially getting is that this is a slightly better Minigore with unnecessary cursing just to trying to be edgy for 3 bucks..? And a 40 minute campaign?

I think I'll wait for a sale..

10. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Right, the Campaign might only take about 40 minutes of solid play, but the 5 maps of Survival play are infinitely replayable (once unlocked) just like in Minigore.

If expecting an epic campaign with Shakespearean dialog, move along, but if wanting a good dual stick shooter (many baddies, weapons, bosses, and maps) with a cute sense of Beavis and Butthead potty humor, welcome aboard! ;)

11. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    Won't be a sale. Its Halfbrick :D. But yep, 40 mins campaign, and survival maps, though survival gets very difficult around round 8. A bit too difficult imo.

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    What? Do the Survival maps have distinct rounds? This could be but I totally missed it.

Do the bosses ever show up in Survival?

13. kalel39

kalel39 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I bought it last night. It was an ok game. It was fun for a while, and then it was not.

14. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    If it had the graphics of minigore .... only that. Today I prefer minigore (on ipad).

15. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    If it had the graphics of minigore, then i doubt many zombies would show up because of lag etc.

16. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    Sorry, I meant waves. Wrong word usage :/

17. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Waves or Rounds are all the same, no problem there but are you saying that there are sort of "pauses" in the action and then it starts up again with even more baddies?

This is probably just proof I never made it past the first wave of any of these Survival modes. ;)

18. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    No.....you cant even tell if it starts a new wave, the zombies just keep coming and coming. They get faster, BIGGER, and depending on what map your on, they shoot guns, throw ninja stars etc. at you

19. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

Yes! I would die laughing. But as far as kids are concerned, I understand completely. It wouldn't be hard to implement a censorship for the language. This is a game where you are shooting up corpses in a cartoon yet bloody fashion.

20. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i read somewhere that the iphone version has more features than the psp version...what are these?