Universal Age of Zombies - by Halfbrick

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Gussver

Gussver Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Does getting kill affect the accuracy percentage in any way?

I played the egypt level, only used the the standard gun and only shot once i had gathered the zombies in big groups. I rarely missed any shot. Still the game claims my accuracy was only 65%, meaning i missed one third of my shot. But there is no way I could've missed that many shots.

Anyone else having the same problem?

2. Michael Dobele

Michael Dobele Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Executive Producer at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hmmm ok I'll get the QA guys to take another stab at it tomorrow and see if they can find an issue with that Sharpshooter Achievement.

In other news we've had a slight delay in the submission of the next update that removes the Christmas skin due to the severe flooding we've experienced here in Australia. Everyone's ok and we are returning to work now so hopefully I can get it submitted to Apple in the next couple of days. Was kinda crazy seing half your city float down the river :( Here's one example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_OYKYOvSHk

3. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Damn, thank goodness you're all okay.

I have one question and one question only, howcome no comments about an auto-aim feature when it's asked by someone? (me)

4. Mysticx

Mysticx Member

Nov 25, 2010
    #404 Mysticx, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
    I've been having a similar problem, no matter how hard i try, i end up with 66.xx% accuracy, i can handle having crappy aim, but it's always 66 point something percent, and that is what strikes me as odd (usually sucking at something isn't quite so consistent. :p )

There's one related thing i've been wondering about: how does the shotgun work as far as determining accuracy goes, is every shot fired counted as 1 shot (at which point the several pellets produced can hit multiple zombies, hiking up accuracy if fired into a crowd), or does a single shotgun-round count as several shots fired?

5. Greensheep

Greensheep Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    none at the time
    Oh I got my sharpshooter achievement on my first try on the first level haha. I did check the achievements and everything so it wasn't just luck. I barely got it and never qualified for it again in any other level though haha. Idk maybe there is a bug for certain devices but third gen touchs are alright :)

6. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Haven't seen/heard anything regarding Fruit Ninja and Monster Dash lately. Anything we can expect for those games down the road?

7. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    An Auto Aim feature is currently fairly low on my list of features to add as I've only had a handful of users request it. I understand it would help those people out but my feeling is that it would lower the challenge of the game quite significantly and would impact the survival leaderboards too much... so I'd have to think about how to handle that before I put it in.

Each bullet of a single shotgun shot is counted so you need to be careful that the spread is indeed landing home.

You'll have to ask Luke in his TA thread about that :cool:

8. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    I think auto aim is not needed in this game. What is the point left if include it? Just run around the zombies?

9. Shebby289

Shebby289 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I agree that auto-aim should definitely not be added. If it is, then a separate leaderboard should be created for those who do use this feature and frankly I don't think it's worth the effort. After all it's more satisfying killing those zombies with your own skill! ;)

I'd love to see additional characters in this game, but off the top of my head I can only think of the sensei from Fruit Ninja lol! Perhaps a more realistic option is more campaign levels and more cheesy one-liners from Steakfries.

Also I wish all you guys in Brisbane well, coping with the floods must be difficult and I hope everything returns to normal soon!

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Btw, why is there no health meter/indicator, or am I just not seeing it?

11. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    No health meter, the indicator is the redness that appears as you take damage. Avoiding damage for a bit heals you to full. Think of the regenerative health in an FPS like COD

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    No update yet?

13. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Patience. There have been plenty of updates and the game has only been out a few months.

14. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Plus the whole flooding thing in Australia

15. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, but I'm kinda tired of Barry and his Santa hat. :p

16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    They tweeted that they are putting the final touches on it and hope to have it uploaded soon.

So hopefully it won't be too much longer

17. Mysticx

Mysticx Member

Nov 25, 2010
    True, christmas decorations in-game 2/3 through January is a tad silly, but Halfbrick has a good excuse, massive flooding nearby and all...

Just wait a bit longer, plain ol' Barry will be back soon enough, i think. :p

18. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Phew, after having to fix a couple of last minute bugs we've finally just uploaded the AoZ update to Apple! Whilst your not getting any major content in this update you are getting one little feature I'm sure will make some of you happy :D

What's new in this version...

"Those annoying Christmas zombie elves sure did overstay their welcome but thankfully they've now buggered off back to the North Pole! Barry will miss the Eggnog parties though...

Age of Zombies also now supports Fast App Switching (Multitasking) on compatible iOS 4.0+ devices. Finally you can be killing zombies whilst at the same time swapping out to look up websites dedicated to Barry Steakfries or even calling all your friends to tell them they are n00bs without having to restart a level when you return to the game!"

Enjoy!

19. ninjackid

May 27, 2010

Awwwwweeesooommee!!! Thanks!

20. Totofogo

Totofogo Member

Jan 20, 2011
    just have to say I love this game...
    got it free on ps3 with PSPlus...
    and I was more than happy to pay for it on my ipod,
    keep the updates comin! :p