Universal Age of Zombies - by Halfbrick

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Michael Dobele

Michael Dobele Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Executive Producer at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ok, I think we've tracked down that issue and fixed it! Seemed we had a slow memory leak with the "Green Spitting Zombies" which could cause the device to crash after prolonged periods of time. As a test we've had a few devices setup here running survival maps on God mode with an unlimited chainsaw wep and left it running for 36 hours without a crash :) Funny seeing the AI get beyond wave 1500 :p

The Hoverboard has been setup both ways. Sometimes it will spawn instead of a shield, and sometimes it will spawn alongside other items.

2. Zombie Master

Zombie Master Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Hey, when do you plan to fix the issue with the leak totally? In the next patch? In Egypt stage today I crashed again at 90.000.000+ points which makes me sad since there are people with 130.000.000 points already and I would love to beat their scores in this stage. I don't know what it is what causes their Iphones not to crash after 90 million. Since it takes about 1 hour to reach such a high score, I really don't wanna try it again just to fail once more. Thanks anyways for your great customer support. So far. Zombie Master

3. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hopefully we have that memory leak licked now, as mentioned above after our fix we've had several devices running non-stop for well over 24+ hours without a crash.

This fix will go live alongside our next brand new update which also has some cool new features and content in it.... more details on that to come :D As to WHEN, it's a bit of a coin toss at the moment on if it will be just before Christmas, or have to wait until the first week of January after Apple's lockdown.

4. Zombie Master

Zombie Master Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Great Michael, thanks for the information. I cannot wait to try out the new patch. Your support is awesome, let me tell you this once more. I hope there will be more cool addons and levels of Age of Zombies in the future. This is by far Halfbrick's best game I have played so far, less luck based than Fruit Ninja or Monster Dash, both great games however, this one has the biggest addiction potential.

5. blueknight1st

blueknight1st Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    How about an auto aim option a la Minigore?

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    What's New in Version 1.1

7. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey Guys, I hope you will enjoy our THIRD COMPLETELY FREE update for Age of Zombies. I can't believe we managed to get three sweet updates out so quickly, man I've earn't this Christmas beer!

This is our biggest update so far and whilst it's all pretty sweet I'm most excited for the improvements made to Survival Leaderboards. On the survival map select screen it will automatically download your OpenFeint or GameCentre friends to the on-screen leaderboard so you can easily see where your ranking and who you need to beat!

Also whilst actually playing each Survival map you can see the next friends score target above your own with even Barry lets you know when you've dominated that friends score.... and who the next poor N00B to target is!

So let's get some good Touch Arcade leaderboards happening so start posting your GC / OpenFeint names so I can add you.

GameCentre - Mikasaurus
    OpenFeint - Mikzor

8. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    #308 Michael Dobele, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
    Oh and do you guys want some BIG NEWS? Well Age of Zombies is currently part of OpenFeint's "Fire Sale" promotion. If 3000 people vote for it in their Game Chanel app in the next 24 hours then we'll be dropping the price on AoZ to 0.99c....ALL THROUGH CHRISTMAS!!

If you have OpenFeints free Game Channel app then load her up and get voting! Otherwise you can grab it here.
    http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/openfeint-game-channel/id349406668?mt=8

9. Shebby289

Shebby289 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    #309 Shebby289, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
    Nice update, glad to see the flamethrower get a little more firepower, I always thought it was a little meh. Also I'm a huge fan of Halfbrick, but I think multitasking support should be pretty much a staple in all games since iOS 4. I believe only Monster Dash has it currently so hopefully the other games will follow soon.

Apart from that great job as always! :)

10. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #310 ImNoSuperMan, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
    You is a liarz!!

WTH. I tweeted about it only to get this as a response >.<

http://twitter.com/niezam/status/16805133333561344

http://www.buzzfocus.com/2010/12/20/fruit-ninja-hd-age-of-zombies-iphone-ipad-apps-go-on-holiday-sale-from-halfbrick/

You mades me looks likes an idiots. Errm, I means more than what I looks likes otherwise. First you denied me the update announcements by sneaking them in when I was sleeping last time. And now you foolz me likes this >.<

11. niezam

niezam Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    App Store
    Lol, ImNoSuperMan not happy :D

12. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Now that it is or will be .99, I will get this. Should I bother to get the code from the lite so I can get the hoverboard? Does it impact gameplay or look cool?

13. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I would get it just for the sake of it. All it does is basically make you go faster for about 30 seconds.

14. Harzazel

Harzazel Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Voted!! I hope to see the price dropped ;)

15. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    the price will dropped, it's announced from halfbrick..

16. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Awesome I played the lite version a ton, plus with the huge update that just came out, I might just buy 2 :)

17. Sephiroth7

Sephiroth7 Member

Dec 15, 2010
    i really like this kind of games..
    i want to try it..

18. Now $0.99, and bought! :D

19. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Got it...Thanks for the sale! :D

20. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    What? Why are people able to get this?! I keep getting the "This item is being modified" error message.