Universal Age of Zombies - by Halfbrick

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 27, 2010.

1. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I'm not sure the designer is highly motivated to help one person out of his thousands of customers to get all of the high scores.

2. Michael Dobele

Michael Dobele Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Executive Producer at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey Zombie Master (cool name!)

We JUST submitted a new update yesterday for Age of Zombies. v1.0.02 is mainly a bug fixing update and should have fixes for the following:

• Black Screen showing when some users pressed New Game.
    • Fixed memory leak causing game to crash in Survival Mode after extended playtime. (That's your issue)
    • An occasional crash when Gangster boss spawned.
    • Egypt boss / cutscenes sometimes hanging and not progresing.

This update also has 1 new secondary weapon already in it, alongside another new item you can unlock via a free code redemption... just to keep things ticking along whilst we work on more substantial content... but more details on all of that later! :p

If all things go well it should take ~10 days to filter through Apple's review process and hit the store.

P.S If you encounter any more issues or want to request a future feature don't forget you can contact me via the in-game Feedback button on the main menu... I read every single one I get!

Cheers
    Mik

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I'd like to request the screen flipping (I'm using a 3gs and constantly end up covering the speaker)

For the "Better grenade throwing" I'd just like an option to turn of the auto turn that Barry does. Currently while walking backwards Barry will turn around which makes sense but really hurts grenade accuracy as you are moving backwards and waiting for zombies to get close enough to make the grenades more efficient.

4. Zombie Master

Zombie Master Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Thanks for the quick answer. As soon as the update will be availible, I will try the stages and write my impressions here. Hopefully the bug won't be there anymore. Greetings from Germany.

5. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    You better add more levels for this game like i stated when the game just got released, but i got rudely flamed because i said "iphone exclusive". If not, youll be hearing from my lawyer...[​IMG]

6. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Will you be adding the code onto this forum?

7. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
  8. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    what do you mean by that?:confused:
    does that mean not everyone able to get the weapon?

9. twinkle2008

twinkle2008 Member

Nov 17, 2010
    ?

really?

maybe too many iphone games apprearing, so it's hard to choose

10. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'll reveal more later. Basically this additional in-game item is part of a seperate promotion I'm running for new users... buuuuuuuuut if you guys are super cheeky you can get it too. ;)

11. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    We will be Cheeky, Cheekier than a Monkey :p

12. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    #272 Michael Dobele, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    Age of Zombies will support viewing Game Center on iPad from within the game as soon as our Submitted update 1.0.02 has gone Live. It should already be uploading achievements / leaderboards to your GC account right now and you can view this via the Game Center App... you just can't change your view from OF to GC from within the game just yet! Let me know if there are any issues.

Once 1.0.02 goes live do the following to swap your in-game view....

Basically a new option will appear under our Options Menu called "Game Service" and what is written under that is currently your default view. Simple TAP that space and you can swap between OpenFeint and Game Centre. This is just changing your default view within the game so if you have both accounts your Achievements and Leaderboards will still continue to be uploaded to both.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

13. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    #273 TheClaff, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    Ok In my excitement over iOS 4.2 for iPad I thought this was for Monster Dash. Which does support Game Center but I can't find achievements within the game only when I exit to Game Center. I assume stats are per device and not shared if you play on both iPad and iPhone.

14. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I believe Monster Dash is the same as Age of Zombies right now.... both games support GC on iPad and will upload leaderboards and achievement details correctly to your GC account... you just can't view the OF/GC toggle on iPad in either game until the next game updates go live.

I've updated my original post to reflect this info.. let me know if something isn't working as expected.

15. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Thanks for the update. Any news on Fruit Ninja Hd 4.2 and Game Center iPad support? (big fan of your games if you can't tell).

16. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    All I can say about that right now is YES, they are working on it.... more details to come.

17. exgamer

exgamer Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    lite

Is there a lite versio $2.99 is a bit on the premium side. If I decide to invest in that large sum of money , I like a little taste. I dont mind 99 cents , but your getting ahead of yourself here. I dont mind breaking out my wallet and forking over top dollar but its got to be worth it.

18. exgamer

exgamer Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    repeat

Is there a lite versio $2.99 is a bit on the premium side. If I decide to invest in that large sum of money , I like a little taste. I dont mind 99 cents , but your getting ahead of yourself here. I dont mind breaking out my wallet and forking over top dollar but its got to be worth it.

19. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

no, there is not a lite version. if 2.99 is 'top dollar', then unlucky mate.

20. Andylasian

Andylasian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    High School
    California
    #280 Andylasian, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
    Update is out: