Universal Age of Zombies - by Halfbrick

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 27, 2010.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    WTH. Buzz Saw wasnt even in the game yet??? I played through the game again just to find this buzz saw and get those two Buzz Saw achievements. G-Damn you Halfbrick >.<

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    #242 VeganTnT, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
    Not sure I like the new large "gift" boxes. The fact that I can't tell what I'm getting means there is a chance I will get something that doesn't help.

I was surrounded and throwing grenades in survival, I was hoping for an SMG but got mines instead :/ I didn't survive that mistake

EDIT: I let the game go to sleep paused while typing this. When I returned to the game SFX wouldn't play. I hit the home button to see if it would load the SFX but there isn't auto save for me to check it :/

iphone 3gs with ios 4.2GM

3. Michael Dobele

Michael Dobele Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Executive Producer at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey Guys. Looks like 1.0.01 is slowly propagating through the AppStore as we speak. As usual I expect the AppStore to be a little quirky the first few hours as it sorts the update out and beams it around the globe.

We're now hard at work on 1.0.02 which will include another new kick ass weapon as well as numerous bug fixes that unfortunately some people are experienceing (Black screen on start / Egypt cutscene hangs etc)

But for now, I hope you enjoy the Buzz Saw and it's spinning blade of death.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    That definitely needs to changed back to previous way. I always try to use up all the grenades first as that increases the multiplier rapidly without killing too many zombies and helps me get a better score. Not that I have much great scores so far but still I thought that was a good strategy to build on. Not being able to know what I'm picking up is NOT COOL AT ALL.

5. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Hey halfbrick great game as always. However if the plan is to add weapons each time in updates, I don't really think that it will be hugely beneficial, because the only real reason for new weapons is to get a better score in survival mode. However, the survival mode isn't really good enough to compete with other dual stick surviving games. Just my two cents and I doubt anyone agrees with me.

6. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Weapons most certainly aren't the ONLY things planned for updates ;) We're just releasing a couple of quick updates now with them in it to keep support for the game going whilst we continue working on the bigger stuff.

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #247 Cilo, Nov 11, 2010
    Edit: Looks like giftboxes aren't standard - They showed up first time I played survival, second time they didn't. Any word on how they work? Also loving the low ammo pop up.

@Osujxu And yes again, I don't.

8. tr4656

tr4656 New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    #248 tr4656, Nov 11, 2010
    Hmm. Somehow i made it not have the gift boxes. Strange...

EDIT: It seems a gift box is pretty rare to get. (Just for me)

9. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Lol darn... The only word that stuck out to me in the title was "SAW", and I thought a game came out based on the movie series.

I leave somewhat disappointed :p

10. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    lol theres one for xbox though on topic great update I love itttt!!

11. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I do have both of those. But an iPhone one would have been awesome.

Back on-topic (apologies):

I don't really like Minigore at all, but this game does look pretty good. It looks more entertaining and accessible (maybeh) than Minigore. Is it still the standard "run around the same level and shoot anything that moves" kind of game? Or do you get to venture to different levels, unlock secret areas, and do some such other activities?

12. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Ya, even though minigore had pretty good graphics and smooth gameplay for its time, I never got into that coz it felt extremely boring. AoZ has me hooked for some reason. I dont know how well the game has been doing for Halfbrick or how well it'll to do in the future, but I'll definitely pay for a sequel if there happens to be one.

13. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    after checking the gameplay again, and the way the multiplier increases i must say that my complain about dependence of highscores on random weapon drops, lets say luck, is not really complain. because if you increase the multiplier a bit - it won't have really big impact on scores.

14. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I dont like the new way how the weapons show up can you please go back to the old way.

15. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey guys, thought some of you may be interested in this...

I’ve made a quick snapshot of what people have been requesting for AoZ via our feedback line. To date we have received 994 emails in the last 2.5 weeks containing something, whether it be a general comment or a feature request… I just delete all the blank ones. (Which surprisingly I got a crap load of!)

So that’s about 1.4% of our total users taking the time to write to us. I'm pretty happy with that and I'm certainly enjoying reading everyone's requests and using them to decide what we do next... KEEP EM COMING!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

16. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    So looking at these are you considering any new modes/ Levels/ Weapons/ Multiplayer?

17. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    Multitasking should not be requested, because it should be by default supported.

18. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    more levels plz. Dont mind the multiplayer either.

19. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    more swearing please!

20. Zombie Master

Zombie Master Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Hey Micheal, finally I found something about those game crashes in survival mode. This issue for me is by far the most important thing you have to fix in this game! I hold the 1st place in Japan and Future survival stages and probably would already have got the highscore in the other stages as well if the game didn't always crash!

To describe this any further: in Prehistoric the game always crashes between 15.000.000 and 17.000.000 points, this happened at least 6 times to me. In the 1930s the game crashed while I had over 18.000.000 points and in Egypt while I had over 60.000.000. This is really frustrating! I would appreciate to hear news about this because probably I don't want to try those stages again before this problem is solved. Thanks for creating this game though which really is a drug :D.