Universal Age of Zombies - by Halfbrick

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 27, 2010.

1. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

Please tell me it's a steak-cannon ;o

2. Michael Dobele

Michael Dobele Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Executive Producer at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey Guys (and Gals)

A minority of people are running into a couple of bugs with Age of Zombies.

If you're getting a black screen when selecting New Game, a crash after playing Survival Mode beyond Wave 25+ or the Cutscenes in the Egypt world are hanging then our deepest apologies! Despite our extensive test lab these issues just didn't pop up until we had tens of thousands of players with a myriad of devices + OS's hammering the game. :(

We're currently working on fixes and will get an update out to address them ASAP for you!

One again I'm sorry if this affects you.

Cheers
    Mik

3. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I wonder what that could be?:rolleyes:

4. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    So who works on Raskulls and Aero Racer? I'd love to see those two titles ported to the iPhone!

5. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Aero Racer is Lukes (Fruit Ninja Team) and Raskulls is Bazz's (Other Team). Whilst we're not working on iOS version of either game right now..... you never know!

6. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    No love for Echoes!?

Don't get me wrong Raskulls would be AMAZING but Echoes is more of a touchscreen game (though controls for Aero Racer would probably be similar to Comet Racer)

7. DestroyX

DestroyX Active Member

Sep 2, 2009
    France
    Someone can explain to me what does the multiplier in the top of the screen mean and how it works ?

8. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Ah yes, the multiplier. If you ever want a high, high score, you will need to manipulate this well.

It's just to indicate how many points each kill is multiplied by. At the start of the game you have 1x, so if you kill a normal zombie it's 5 points. If you have a 10x multiplier, that kill is worth 50 points.

To get your multiplier up, try to get a large number of kills with each weapon pickup (when a weapon combo is bright green). Then when you run out of ammo for that weapon it'll flash how well you did with it, like "awesome!" or "great!" and add to your multiplier.

Grenade/bazookas/mines also add to your multiplier depending on how many you manage to kill with a single shot.

Best way to get a multiplier going in the beginning is to walk around and let the zombies pike up, then chuck a grenade before starting to shoot normally.

9. DestroyX

DestroyX Active Member

Sep 2, 2009
    France
    Thanks but when you run out of ammo the global multiplier increases in the top, I don't understand how the inscreasing is calculated. Example : by making a x20 multiplier with the shotgun you only get 9 points added to your global multiplier.

10. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I think thats based on the word you get so if you get an awesome that means 9/8 points

11. DestroyX

DestroyX Active Member

Sep 2, 2009
    France
    Really ? Thanks guys, I will look at this.

12. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    is there a way/option to disable the pixel blood? I dont like blood killing my survey ;)

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Not that I know of...

14. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    thanks, mate. perhabs halfbrick can add this function in an upcoming update? to me the videos and screenhots look a but confusing and unclear with all the blood and stuff.

15. Michael Dobele

Aug 20, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    The score multiplier is based on your bullet HITS (not kills) with that particular weapon pickup. When you run out of ammo or pickup a new gun it checks that accuracy value and then adds the corresponding bonus to your total score multiplier.

So for example if you pickup an SMG that has 150 bullets it works like this..

< 10 Hits = "Poor" = +1
    10-20 Hits = "OK" = +2
    20-30 Hits = "Good" = +4
    30-50 Hits = "Great = +6
    50-80 Hits = "Awesome = +8

Those hit range is slightly different depending on the weapon but generally the bonus is the same range. Flamethrower has a bonus tier with 120+ giving a +12.

I agree it's not that clear in-game. One day I'd like to go back and see what we can do with the whole combo system.

16. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    That would be awesome and/or hilarious.

17. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    so basically multiplier and score depends on how many weapon pickups appear? or multiplier increases also with standard weapon?

18. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Senior Game Designer, PikPok
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Sort of. The standard weapon will not increase the multiplier, and will only increase with new primary and secondary weapons.

It's not just about getting weapons -- it's how you use them. Make the most out of every weapon and every bullet :D

19. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    thanks. u are right but would be good if standard weapon could also influence the multiplier.

20. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    What's New in Version 1.0.01