Universal Age of Zombies - by Halfbrick

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 27, 2010.

1. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Anyone else experiencing problems getting some of the achievements?

The flamethrower and Minigun ones don't seem to work for me? I killed about 120 with a flamethrower and the achievement says 50 and the minigun I killed about 150.

2. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    same here

3. Mr.Damien

Mr.Damien Active Member

Sep 10, 2010
    You know that there is different level of humor ?

Farting and pooping is the lowest one. Get a brain.

4. theunis

theunis Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Scoring

Hey guys,

The game is very fun, to be honest I haven read any of the comments (i keep tapping to skip them), I just love shooting zombies and throwing bombs and watching them burn :) and this game just flows, thank you to the devs - its so much fun!!!

I just have a few questions - if anyone can answer I would really appreciate it

Does anyone understand how the scoring works ? I just dont get like how does your main multipler get affected ? And how do you know how much life (HP) you have left? Why is this game so awesome and fun :D

5. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

mate, that's freakin sweet. i await further infos :D

6. Michael Dobele

Michael Dobele Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Executive Producer at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    @Amusing Grace

I've recieved a couple of simmiliar reports. Seems to be a random, odd issue with lower end devices (3G and below). What device and OS are you currently using?

@TotallyImba

Hmmm odd. I know the achievements work as I just earn't them myself right now as a test. If your iPhone is setup with an email account and you see the FEEDBACK button on the main menu could you send me a report via that. This will auto-attach your save file. We can dig through that and might be able to find out what's going on.

P.S - That feedback button has been the best idea we've ever implemented! I've gotten about 400 emails since launch and I'm totally addicted to reading your thoughts , suggestions and bugs.... KEEP EM COMING! Man I'm going to be busy on Monday organising them all.

Cheers
    Mik

7. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    @Mik Awesome game! did you guys use duke nukems voice for egypt and daft punk for the future level lol. And is there really a zombie cow level?

8. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    wait wait wait wait wait....did you just announce a new halfbrick game??? raskulls xbla? what? i can't be the only one...

9. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    That game was announced months ago. But it's not for iOS, at least not yet.

10. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    That's been announced for a while

11. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    it would but it would take forever to implement

12. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    #212 PeterM11, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
    Really enjoying the game but I have to ask Halfbrick, what is up with you and fast-app switching? I'm surprised you haven't implemented it into your games. I understand some games don't really work well with it but the games you've been putting out are the perfect type for fast-app switching! I really hope that you implement it into this game soon as well as Fruit Ninja and Monster Dash. Thanks!

Oh, and the ability to flip the screen in the three games would also be really nice!

13. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    what is this "fast-app switching"? Dont you mean "Multitasking" :confused::confused:

14. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    yea #9 on global leaderboards for egypt survival! first try too

15. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    You da man! :D

16. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Yes. Multitasking technically encompasses different features including background audio, background loading, background location services, and fast-app-switching. I really probably should have just said multitasking but for some reason I typed that out instead.

17. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Not really, take a look at their other game, Fruit Ninja.
    I think they implemented that pretty fast.

18. Enco

Enco Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2010
    I'm unsure about this.

Halfbrick are great but this is yet ANOTHER dual stick shooter and it doesn't look as good as Monster Dash/Fruit Ninja.

Not sure if I'm willing to drop the cash for another clone of the same game genre that has been done to death and back.

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Game Impressions

Just curious, while I haven't seen them yet, do the bosses ever make cameos into the Survival Modes?

20. Michael Dobele

Michael Dobele Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Executive Producer at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quick Update

Phew, just finished work on the first free update which will be submitted to Apple shortly. This one’s a quick one just to say THANK YOU to everyone who's bought a copy and given us such awesome feedback! I'm officially addicted to reading all the emails we've been sent over the last 4 days via the games feedback button! (It’s over a thousand emails btw! :eek:)

This update adds a new weapon into Barry's permanent arsenal for both Story and Survival mode, along with two new related Achievements to earn.

I'll keep the actual weapon a surprise but honestly... how Barry ever killed zombies without it is beyond me! He is now officially 73.924% more badass with it.