Universal Age of Wushu Dynasty (by Snail Games USA Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 16, 2015.

1. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    #21 kyoukusanagi, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    i have to say, after installing tons of usual meh mobile games. and uninstalling them after a couple trys... i cant stop playing this one. there's just too much things to do. and it doesnt feel like a chore like most games does.

almost. i'd say 80% feel like a pc mmo. instead of the mobile crap we have nowadays.

it is less complicated than the pc counterpart. and arena is auto battle. but we can actually go and fight people in-world. PK-PVP style. and thats where it gets complicated

we have parrying, normal attack, skills, and parry break. basically. its a rock-paper-scissor thing. if its done in the middle of a battlefield. you actually have to pay attention and use skills accordingly.

hell, we got combos, air combos. stun combos. ultimate attack. directional skills. and each schools has different abilities and stats. and there are TONS of fighting styles that you can learn.. combat feels extremely fluid. not just button mashing

im hooked. my poor phone is now strapped to a charger nonstop. even at work

there is one thing im sad about this though. this game is EXTREMELY PAY2WIN
    i repeat, this game is EXTREMELY PAY 2 WIN.
    it doesnt affect your gameplay. and it wont ruin your experience. there are no paywall. there are no reason to pay real money or you cant play-that kinda thing.
    its just people that paid shit with real money will be extremely powerful. even if you are of the same level. i just met a guy in pvp with power 5x stronger than mine. and we're both lvl 12. he just happen to have upgraded all his crap (limited if you're not paying, unlimited if you kept paying) had pay2win title, pay2win gear, and all that jazz.

no it wont ruin your experience. it just affects pvp. and so far. the paying players are rare. so we're still good

2. Maradin

Maradin Member

Apr 6, 2015
    I'm same lvl12 too, downloaded yesterday,
    Btw i din't rush, i just walk around enjoying the scenery and try to understand all the Ui function.
    Its seem many ppl are playing this game currently, this game is massive for a mobile game, interesting concept and beautiful scenery,
    but still i dont know if i would play for long.

3. powlicious

powlicious Member

Jun 27, 2013
    So at the end of the day its same as TP, but with more complex fighting (Needs more reaction), that is totally "useless" because of grind and p2w...sounds like another time wasting machine in rpg garment.

I guess its hard to even call it rpg...but however, skinnerbox lovers will love this too.

4. kyoukusanagi

Aug 10, 2010
    well. if you dont want to look into all the depth of the gameplay, character progression, skill progression, quests, dungeons, pvp, raids, and all that jazz. sure. its just "the same as tp"
    i really dont feel any of the "grind" element so far. im at lvl 22 now. everything i need, i found by lvling.
    and no, its not totally useless. i just beat a guy that has twice my hp because i utilized the combat system better than he did.

but hey, i guess its not for everyone. i gave it a try because i played the mmo. and so far. this is my most-played game on my iphone.

i wonder why everyone kept comparing this to taichi panda when this game (pc version anyway) came out years before tp

5. Tylerdarden

Tylerdarden Active Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Sweden
    #25 Tylerdarden, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    What a great game...but man what an annoying hack/lag type of feelings this game has, i get dizzy. Frameskipping type of feeling!
    ** I have an Ipad Air 2 **
    Fix it and add a mage class

6. kyoukusanagi

Aug 10, 2010
    there is a mage class. but its not included in the starting "school" you have to find the scrolls to unlock it. although im not sure what its called.
    all i know is that there's a toad style thats basically martial arts with tons of poison skills. not sure what you mean by hack/ lag though.

7. !nsomn!ac

!nsomn!ac Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    There is no "mage class".
    I am guessing like the original PC game, this also will be getting different martial art styles. The original PC game had few styles that were focused on range attacks, but it was never an iconic mage, where you cast fire or frostbolts and do magic.

8. !nsomn!ac

!nsomn!ac Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wulin Arena is autobattle

Sky Arena is a live battle with real opponents. Matching system is unbalanced though.

9. kyoukusanagi

Aug 10, 2010
    yeah but i can beat someone stronger than me with proper parry + break system. i simply love how this game is almost a real mmo

10. kyoukusanagi

Aug 10, 2010
    #30 kyoukusanagi, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    yeah this said it better. there is some martial arts that does a bit of "magic" but there's no such thing like fireballs

that demon musician throws alot of shockwaves though

11. kevin_park

kevin_park Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Student
    Singapore
    siok ! the graphic is awesome!

12. kyoukusanagi

Aug 10, 2010
    surprisingly, the amount of pay2win mad players are very low. im not sure why.

so far i only met 2 out of my 50+ battles. most players spent their gold on outfits.. hmm

13. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Does anyone know how to work with a weapon? ID equipped my staff and I have no idea how do quit another weapon.

14. Airpegy

Airpegy Member

Jul 11, 2015
    I love it been 1 month ive been playin im from canada and im 15 in ranking
    This game is amazing

15. Maradin

Maradin Member

Apr 6, 2015
    I heard the chinese version is more advance, more updated spy mission and many more.