Universal Age of Solitaire - Civilization (By Sticky Hands)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 24, 2017.

1. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    #21 frisbee10461, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    I Like This Game

Hello, all! frisbee10461 here!

I really like this game. There has been a lot of negative feedback for the game. On the other hand, please note the following:

1. The developers found a way to make Solitaire interesting. This is not an easy task to make a game that is loved by Gran-ma-ma, and make it addictive for you and me.

2. The ads are not intrusive, and actually help your play. I like the Undos, Shuffles, and Hints, as it helps you to advance in the game. At the same time, they are not so overwhelming where you can't play continually.

3. The offline mode is great. That was my one minor gripe. Glad the devs took care of this.

4. As far as building a city, I like the idea that as you advance, your age advances as well. I'm currently at the Industrial Age [level 2/9]. I'm not sure what will happen when I acheive this goal, but I'm excited to find out.

5. Some people have mentioned the PRESTIGE system. Please do NOT do this. I don't want to have to complete the same ages again. Instead, I'd suggest to build a fourth or fifth level [age].

It's a personal peeve of mine, but any game that uses PRESTIGE is deleted by me.

In terms of the city building, what I would say is that elements can help you advance in the game. As an example, if you build a building, as a result, that can be a factory that helps you acquire a hint, shuffle, or undo every XX minutes while offline [as a supplement to the ads that hep you get these items while online].

So to the Age of Solitaire devs, keep up the great work!!! And make that next level.

Thanks,
    frisbee10461

2. soundrudd

soundrudd New Member

Feb 22, 2017
    my issues

I have to admit this is a great looking game and plays really well.

What lets it down is the way the cards are dealt out... most of the time I'll turn over a card and underneath is a run of 3-4 cards that all go on top of each other, this would almost never happen in real solitaire. Also the difficulty is crazy hard at points, it all seems to be sheer luck that decides if you win or not.

Also as previously mentioned, it would be better if we had more control over the building aspect.

3. ainpapa

ainpapa Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
    Hi! I'm really happy for your review.
    And your idea is sooooo coool!!

4. ainpapa

ainpapa Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    CEO of Sticky Hands INC.
    South Korea
    Hi! I'm really happy for your review.
    And your idea is sooooo coool!!

5. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    Status

Hello, all! frisbee10461 here!

Today, I just completed Industrial Age [7/9]. I am now on [8/9]. It definitely get tougher as you go, but the gameplay is worth it.

6. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    what he says - having a run of 3-4 (often 5-6) cards that all go on top of each other is rather odd...

great game by the way! :)

7. NullRef

NullRef New Member

Jul 30, 2017
    It isn't odd, it's designed to make you use the shuffles and undos. When you inevitably run out of those, you'll need to watch adverts to keep playing.

8. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Yes, but in every other solitaire game the cards are shuffled. Here if i use a red 9, the chances are high that the next would be a black 8, a red 7, a black 6... - that's not shuffled at all.

9. StrangeCat

StrangeCat Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    I like the art style, will download now, I will post my reactions later.

10. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    Status

Currently, I'm still in the Industrial Age, level 9/9, at 51%.

Has anyone completed this level?

11. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    Finally!!!

I did it. I defeated the Industrial Age.

Nice way to close the game. I was excited about the ending, and I wasn't disappointed, that's for sure.

Can't wait for the update.