Universal Age of Rivals (by Roboto Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by skoptic, Jun 22, 2017.

1. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thanks Misguided! For a buck should be worth it, thanks again!

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    It is more or less like Ascension (or Domino, if you insist). But this one has more interactions between players than Asscension and Race for the Galaxy, which is pretty close in terms of theme.

Just run through the first tutorial and it is already richer in gameplay than R4tG. Run through the tutorial first, I suggest, nothing should be more complicated than Terra Mystrica... :p

I think this is a keeper.

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thanks Currymutton! It's looks great but I think I'll get into it.

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Worth doing the tutorials anyway for the coins.

5. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Is this turn based?

6. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #26 Son of Anarchy, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    If the developer ever comes here, remove the online requirement and I'll buy it no matter the cost. Online only is unnecessary and a definite and immediate deal breaker.

Edit: I read the developers comments and decided to buy anyway in the hopes of the online requirements being removed in a future update. Dev sounds like a cool/responsive person so I'm happy to support.

Edit 2: Offline play is now here, just like that. Excellent game, exceptional developer.

7. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I have written a tweet to the develoopers about this and let's see what their response is.

8. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land

Not to mention just reading the rule book also gives a one time coin reward.

9. CrayonWarrior

Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Whoever set up toucharcade alliance I'm exxodus ingame and asked to join.

10. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    #30 ZS77, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Would love to have this game offline - and would be happy to pay for it too.

Edit: Whoever set up the TouchArcade alliance, I've requested to join - JudgeZed

11. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    People complaining about an online requirement of a $.99 game is why I hate the internet

12. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    #32 Gluskap, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    I've created TouchArcade. Let me know in that thread if you want to be in the alliance.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=307947

ZS, invited. Crayon, it says there is no one called exxodus.

It is 2017 and there are black bars on my iPad screen. I don't care how cheap it is just make the fullscreen before anything else!

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Not everyone's necessarily relating the $1 mark to the online requirement. I think it's just a shame instead. Whatever the price, I was looking forward to getting this game, but then the online only thing just makes it feel so cheap, like it doesn't belong to you, not to mention can't play this is situations such as on the plane or in say a train tunnel or some people just don't have data on their device.

It's not about the "cheap price so therefore I guess we excuse the online only requirement". It's about being excited for this game and then it comes out needing the Internet to work. Let down.

14. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Exactly, well said.

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I agree on the online requirement being a tad overboard, no matter the game price.
    Also, don't forget that you need to create an account on their server as well, and they want an email address for that (that I have a trash address for stuff like this is a different story).
    For singleplayer only, offline play would have been the better design choice in my book.

On the other hand, I do understand devs' needs to gather data and metrics in this day and age, so there's that too.

16. CrayonWarrior

Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Yeah it's weird, there was a toucharcade alliance which disappeared then another one appeared, which I've just now requested to join.

17. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Maybe it'd be nice to play this on my non cellular iPad on the train seeing as gameplay doesn't seem to need it, oh wait...

18. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Purchased and saw too late that it needs an permanent Internet Connection ... tried it in plane mode and it does not work without Internet ... I hate programs which require online connection ... if their server is down, game over ... and this is just one point.

But in this case I am the fool, because I had not checked that before I purchased it ... shit, I am getting old ... :eek:

19. ttcool

ttcool Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2016
    What a fun game, but the online thing just kills it for me because I'm traveling to Europe this weekend and was looking forward to playing this game on the air with airplane mode! Now that sucks it needs constant net connection. Please fix!

20. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Accepted. Guys just search for "TouchArcade" and apply.

I've completed one online play and it was really good. No connection issues, relatively fast compare to other card/board games.