Universal Age of Rivals (by Roboto Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by skoptic, Jun 22, 2017.

1. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Does the matchmaking take into account any sort of ELO (or similar) rating, or is it random?

2. vmyneni

vmyneni Well-Known Member

May 25, 2017
    Yes, the matchmaking attempts to find a good match based on ranking as well as how many cards you have unlocked. But it heavily favors finding a match within 30-60 seconds over finding a good match, so if there aren't a lot of people online at once, you may often be matched against anyone. I can tweak these parameters if people would prefer waiting longer to get a more perfect match.

3. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Awesome!! Game of the year AND Dev of the year candidates.

4. vmyneni

May 25, 2017
    3.11 Update

Notes on the next update, submitted to Apple today.

- Mute chat - click on your portrait and tap "Mute"
    - Slowed down animation during pre-final-round display of all city cards.
    - New "Main Menu" page in rulebook
    - Added a button to access the online monthly leaders page
    - Showing how many card packs are left to unlock all content.
    - More info at http://robotogames.com/updates/

This is just a small one, since I'm technically on a family vacation. I didn't have time to implement a full stop before the final round yet (it's a bit more work to do it right for multiplayer, although maybe I'll just do it for single-player first). But I did slow down that animation so you get more time to view your cards, especially if you're playing at normal speed (instead of fast mode). But don't worry, a full stop is still on the list!

5. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    #

Also, don't worry about this on your vacation. I know we're needy, but we can wait. Lol

6. vmyneni

May 25, 2017
    Week Long Sale

Some players wrote in dismayed that they missed our original launch week sale. Well, we're doing another one Aug 1 - Aug 7, for a 50% discount. Tell your friends!

7. vmyneni

May 25, 2017
    50% off sale is live now.

8. vmyneni

May 25, 2017
  9. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    Nice! I'll have to give that a proper read tomorrow.

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
  11. vmyneni

May 25, 2017
    Update 3.12 and 3.13

Update 3.12 is rolling out now. Mostly bug-fixes in this one: http://robotogames.com/updates/

Note for the few iOS 9 players still left: Soon I will have to force an update for everyone because upcoming changes (like adding new cards) will break compatibility between older versions of the game. Whenever I add or change a card, both players' version of the game must be aware of that change or the games will get out of sync.

But I want anyone who would prefer to stay on iOS 9 to be able to play forever offline if they want to, so this update (3.12) includes some important code that makes that easier (it was possible even pre-3.12, but just a bit clunky). And I set this version to be downloadable by iOS 9 users.

I am immediately releasing another version (3.13) that sets the requirement back to iOS 10 (because of the reasons discussed earlier in this thread). 3.12 will probably be the last version for iOS 9 players. But it's a good update that should allow play forever offline no matter what I do in the future. And it will always stay available in the app store.

Thanks!

12. Patjelol

Patjelol Active Member

Jun 22, 2017
    Yeah, I noticed the last update and was surprised that it was set back to IOS9.

I really appreciate the support you're giving.

It's a wonderful game that gets played every day.

13. vmyneni

May 25, 2017
    Join Us at a Festival

Age of Rivals has been selected as a finalist for the Google Play Indie Games Festival! We will be there presenting, and we hope to meet some of our fans there as well. If you're in San Francisco Sept 23, the event is open to the public as long as you pre-register (it's free). Hope to see you there!

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/08/announcing-20-finalists-and-open.html

(I know this is an iOS-specific forum, but I wanted to make as many of our fans aware as possible, so I hope it's okay that I'm posting this here.)

Thanks!

14. vmyneni

May 25, 2017
    Content Update and Sale

Hi all. A content update is in the works and coming soon! Several new cards, a new campaign, and more.

In advance of this update, we're putting Age of Rivals on sale for one week starting tomorrow. Tell your friends!

15. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Awesome. Any chance of a portrait option?

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Awesome! Something to spend my coins on again!

17. vmyneni

May 25, 2017
    That might unfortunately be too much work at this point because we'd have to redo a lot of the art. Sorry!

18. vmyneni

May 25, 2017
  19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #259 Gwarmaxx, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    hey vmyneni, thanks for the update, this game is really great, one of the best and complex card games in the appstore for sure... i'm still playing it from the first day! oh, and new cards looks interesting... thanks again!

edit> can you change the icon for that with a knight on a horse? that's a wonderful pic!

20. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    @vmyneni

Thank you for your continued support of such a good game.
    This game has come such a long and amazing way from the start, mostly due to the Dev being around and hearing us players moan about some "problems".
    It is well worth the price and more.
    The Monolith and the Stone Tablet are freaking awesome