iPad Age of Empires?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jecebn, Dec 25, 2008.

1. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Are there any Age of Empires type games in the app store or in development? I would love to play this game on my iPhone... Is there any chance that this game will be made?

2. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Check out Warfare Inc.

3. dlogik

dlogik Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2008
    I'd love to see a game like AoE too but I fear the iPhone/iPod touch might suffer in the memory dept. for such a game (but I could be wrong). I guess it depends on the size of the map, amount of units allowed, players, etc.

4. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Microsoft have zune to look after. I don't think it's likely

5. Milhouse

Milhouse Member

Dec 16, 2008

Well, considering MS closed down the studio(Ensemble) that made this game after they finished Halo Wars I think it's kinda inconsequential. I'm sure some other company could port the game. But I think something "like it" would be good enough.

6. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    i know i want a historical RTS like that or Medieval war... i get sick of the alien/zombie stuff

7. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Isn't Warfare inc exactly what you are looking for?

8. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

You can't compare WI with AoE. I would love to have the DS version of AoE on the iPhone. It was a perfect game with a little encyclopedia included. WI i a good C&C clone, but AoE has a very different setting and overall feeling.

I currently use 7 Cities to fill my need for a medieval strategy game.

9. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
    Or the Windows-Mobile-Version, which is still the best game on this platform. So it would be possible to come up with a good version, but I doubt they will do it.

10. DukeofAnkh

DukeofAnkh Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Melbourne
    Me too. I like the DS version more than the PC/Mac versions. Less "crap! they're invading and I forgot to spawn some cavalry!" ...yeah, I'm not brilliant at strategy games... :p

11. dlogik

dlogik Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Hahahaha...I'm the same way...

Oddly enough, I enjoy the building part of AoE more than the battle part and yet I can't seem to get into SimCity, figure that one out.

12. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    BUMP

Seriously... why are there no good strategy games... like Red Alert, Age of Empires, Total War....

Warfare Inc I played and beat on my Palm , so I don't feel like paying AGAIN for that... and the other one (can't mem the name) doesn't really look that compelling...

I don't like how everything is futuristic or Alien/zombie... I like the games i have already ZA! etc but i'm really looking for something Historical

13. pahncrd

pahncrd Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Age of Empires ran on my old Asus Mypal, I am sure that the iphouch could handle it.

14. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    or even like Myth or AOE 1

15. Raptor25

Raptor25 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    #15 Raptor25, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
    i had a perfectly capable AoE on my pocket PC at least 5-6 years ago, surely the iphone could handle it.

edit: ooh, someone mentioned myth. assuming he means bungies RTS series.. favorite game ever =)