Universal Age of Empires: Castle Siege (by Microsoft Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 20, 2015.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I do agree as I said earlier also the troops are awfully tiny. But I feel like the base building and defence on this game is at another level compared to other similar games.

The bases and defences do feel like Age of Empires to me

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #22 KeKhan, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
    I like the troop size, as it's realistic and gives a sense of the scale of the castle fortifications. The troops are actually in true proportion to the buildings around them.
    Unlike other games, where one troop is the size of the building itself, which is just cartoonish and ridiculous.

AoE is about realistic battle simulations. You won't find magic, and dragons, and elves and flying dwarves. What you get is an awesome medieval castle building and defense sim, with troops and buildings in true proportion to each other, and based off of actual historic data.

Yeah, this game rocks. #

And controlling your troops in battle makes it hard to go back to other "deploy and watch games". You aren't just picking targets here either, it's a line drawing system, so you can have your troops follow a complex route to their target to avoid key defenses or employ detailed strategies.

3. HallmarkCard

HallmarkCard Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    You are right about the troops. I'm just used to gigantic troops and do like seeing how they are animated. I do agree with the realism.

This game has become my favorite now and I really love the battles and building up my castle. I love how many troops you can have and other weapons etc. Great game

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I do agree with your point about the troops, mainly if they made controlling them a little easier that would make me happy. Unless you have any tips?

I can target buildings I want and draw paths but I struggle to get my troops to attack defending troops they seem to just ignore them and keep getting killed.

5. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I've found that a "press" before drawing helps in selection, like press down until you see the troops highlighted then draw. Their intended target had a marker above it, just keep your finger down until the marker is above the target you want and release.
    It's a bit more deliberate than just swiping. Once you get used to it it's easier to line up what you want.

I agree tho, that aspect can use a little tweaking for mobile platforms. A mouse would handle this task easily , but it needs some adjustments for fingers I think. Not much, but a little tweak.

6. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #27 Zeillusion, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    Love the age of empires skin. The full control of troops is great as well. But it's kinda old school. Low res textures it appears. Troops are so tiny you can barely see them. Battles are also extremely long. 5 minute timer and troops do hardly any damage. No speed up either (for troops)

Kingdom does the double speed which is nice so you can complete a battle in half the time.

Def appears modern rts mobile games do it better. (Rival kingdoms / siegefall / samurai siege)

7. aeschylus72

aeschylus72 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    this is out WW, seems to be no love for this?

8. AeroSmash

AeroSmash Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    The game has been updated! Nice update