Apple TV AG Drive - Unplayable with MFi - velocity too low

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by swoop, Apr 8, 2016.

1. swoop

swoop Member

Oct 4, 2015
    IT Consultant
    Brussels
    I bought AG Drive right after it was published for aTV. I really loved it on my iPad mini and wanted the big-screen experience.

Unfortunately, I cannot even pass the first track. I'm pressing the acceleration button, but I never can make the jump long enough to fully leap over the gap. That drags me back to 5-6th place and I'm souped.

I thought it is related to MFi keys being weakly recognised, but the same thing seems to be the case on my iPhone. So maybe in some weird way, the screen aspect ratio (iPhone and aTV are both 16:9) influence the speed.

As it stands now, AG Drive is utterly not-playable. Btw, speed is fine when using Siri remote, it's just too cumbersome.

Anyone having similar issue?

2. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    I haven't been able to finish the first course, thought i just sucked at it :)
    never tried it with the Siri remote, so maybe that's why

3. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Oh wow.. I was having the same issue.. I thought it was because I sucked! Thanks for posting this!

4. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    iPhone here and my Gamevice works flawless.
    I unlocked everything.

5. swoop

swoop Member

Oct 4, 2015
    IT Consultant
    Brussels
    Good news, everyone!

It seems that this was a bug in MFi implementation inside tvOS. Update 9.2.1 fixes this and AG Drive is playable with MFi controllers. In addition, Real Racing 3 and probably many other games got improved controller input.

Back to your aTV, and happy gaming! ;)

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thanks for the update info