Universal AG Drive (by ZORG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 4, 2014.

1. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Graphics are ok I guess. I'm missing some control options, though. Is there a way to disable accelerometer steering, or a least crank up the sensitivity a good notch? The controls just feel too slow and sluggish for me.

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I have not played that much but you can upgrade the steering. Maybe that's part of the game and as you upgrade the steering will get better?

3. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    This sold it for me, wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Awesome game so far with beautiful, beautiful graphics and solid framerate. Touch controls can be improved but I guess that could come in an update. Hope it does well and remain a premium title in everyone's best interest.

Time for the anti-freemium crowd to put their money where their mouth is.

4. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Upgrading the handling does make the vehicles able to turn sharper. However I would also like a sensitivity setting when using tilt steering. That's different than changing the vehicle handling. It's changing how far you need to tilt the device to achieve a given steering input. The default sensitivity is reasonable, but I'd like to increase it a little.

5. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    There's no sensitivity setting, but you can change to touch steering in the settings.

6. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I like most things about this game so far. I've noticed a few of things that could be improved though.

1. As others said, an option to move the HUD, or at least make it more transparent would be nice.

2. More and better sound effects. I wish there was a more dramatic sound when hitting the boosts, and when hitting the sides of the track. And there is no sound at all when hitting coins in that event type where you have to hit coins on the track. This actually has a gameplay effect, since I often can't tell for sure if I even hit the coins.

3. The AI difficulty is a bit uneven. Some events are extremely easy to win, and then others right after are quite difficult. I actually like the difficulty of the hard events, and wish the easy events weren't so easy.

7. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I prefer the easy AI. Please dont make all AI too hard as it wont be fun for everyone. Maybe keep the easy AI for easy levels with smaller rewards and difficult AI for better rewards.

8. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Any tips for the swirling path in gamma dive? Always bump into side track and lost place there. I finish first on 95% of the mini races but cant get better than 7th place finish on gamma dive! Am I missing something???

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... This is why i didnt buy the game even though i really wanted to.

10. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I don't think it's enough of a problem to avoid the game if you like this kind of game. Much of the time I don't even notice it. It seems like on certain tracks though it will get in my way a little.

11. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I really like this game, but I'm pretty frustrated with the touch controls.
    Like some others here, the biggest issue seems to be the inability to just slide my finger left and right.

I have to actually lift my finger off the screen to be able to change direction.
    That's just not good enough in a game where the difference of placing 2'nd and placing 8'th is a matter of utmost precision in controls.

Tilt is not an option for me, as I have my ipad permanently in a holder/stand. Removing and re-inserting my ipad in the stand is an unwieldy process, and have in fact resulted in a small crack in the glass of my ipad, so I just leave it in.

Please, revisit the touch controls and while you're at it, if time and money permits it, implement controller support.

12. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I might give this a miss. After flawless controls in Repulze I don't want to haggle with touch controls. They have to these things exactly right in racing games. It may look good but complaints about controls and HUD in the way make me reluctant to buy until fixed.

13. takaya

takaya Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    ...this is not a Wipeout clone, it's better thank any of them, for a mere 3.99€!!!

I would pay ten times more for a New 3DS or Ps Vita version...

IMHO it' s the best game ever published on the AppStore, definitely!

14. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014

one of the best for sure. and controls are perfect, super touch controls.

15. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does save progress sync between devices?

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks... That lift to switch turn direction is the final straw.

17. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    If the developer does update this and keep it premium I'd like to see the engine noises "beefed up" a bit. I'm level 12 on tier 2 and have a tier 2 ship with 20 upgrades applied.

Yet it sounds like a Flymo.

This is meant to be a rocket fuelled racing machine of the future, where are the revs!?!

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Granted the lift to switch isn't great. But give the dev some credit and time. I'm sure he'll listen

19. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

#179 Baracus, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    Holy Moly. This is tremendous! I didn't think much to the other futuristic racers available on iOS. Something just didn't flow right with them for me in terms of how they corner, but this is super slick and really quite stunning to look at.

I like that you have to actually brake for some corners, so learning the tracks will help (as it does with the others, but this feels more like traditional circuit racing at lightning speeds). It really does feel like you are going the reported 2300km/h !! Can only imagine what faster ships will be like now :D

Great variety of races, brilliant maps/courses so far, tilt controls on my iPhone 6 just fine. Didn't try touch controls yet so can't comment on that. I see what folks mean about the HUD, but seriously WorldCitizen, that's totally not a reason to not get the game if you are interested in it. I know it's premium and you want things perfect but "I'm not buying unless this is 18% less opaque" verges on extreme demands, no? :)

Menu presentation and the garage etc are all super polished, and as someone said the sound track is really pumping too.

If you would have said 5 years ago that you'd be able to play a game like this on your PHONE, people would think you were from the planet Zorg! (see what I did there?).

I'm officially blown away.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Super disappointed with EP's comments. :(