Universal AG Drive (by ZORG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 4, 2014.

1. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Can't say it better! Really love this game. It was a disappointment in the freemium soft launch mode because under all the free stuff skin was a marvelous game, and now everything is here! Gorgeous racer in every aspect!

2. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    It never launched as a Free to Play title, it was only Freemium in Soft Launch form, so you can't judge him or the game's performance (sales wise) via that alone.

I don't know why he moved it to Premium, but it's this double standards from so many people (not singling you out here) that annoys me. People come on, see a great game and go, "Oh, Free to Play, I hate IAP's ... I'd have given it a go had it been a few bucks up front, but if it's Freemium I'll give it a miss".

Then on the other hand these SAME people see a Premium game that just because it was Freemium in Soft Launch form, obviously must have some flaw or hidden agenda, so they go, "I'm not buying that, he'll make it Free to Play in 6 months".

If people buy the game, he won't need to make it Freemium. People are actually somehow, in a warped way, managing to argue their way toward the very thing they wish to avoid; Freemium games!

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ahhh i see. Thats fair enough, so he launched it as a freemium as a soft launch to see how it did, i presume the feedback which he had from it he decided to make it premium. Thats cool

And yep if we buy the game and dont moan about it (to be fair i'll stop my moaning about the hud thing !) then like you say it wont go freemium.

Its like when you see 99c games and people are falling over each other to get the promo codes for it (or asking for more), support indie devs so we get more and more great games from them. The less sales they have the more indie devs will abandon ios gaming as they cant make ends meet and will go freemium or move to another platform

4. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Don't get me wrong, some people might find the HUD distracting. I personally don't, it 'disappears' when I'm focusing on the upcoming bends, but he may well decide to move it off to the side in a future update.

I can sympathise a little with the guy too. At age 36 now, when I met my wife back in 2004 I too had a huge collection of Takara imported Japanese reissue Transformers G1 figures. I imported them via sellers on eBay, had every one available, including the MasterPiece's, up until that fateful day we decided to move in together ... I sold my collection of Transformers as well as my entire Japanese Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast collection to go towards the deposit fund for our home.

:(

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The HUD i think is a good idea, just i love the look of the graphics so much i just want full view of where i'm racing etc.

And yeah women eh ! I got rid of tons of retro computers/consoles (didnt have enough room) when i moved in with the missus.

Think thats one reason i like app hording so much !

6. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Mate, my Saturn/Dreamcast collection with insane ... spent years building both systems up, and I mean from their respective Japanese launches. I bought Radiant Silvergun, with spine card, for £88 ... when I sold it all those years later I got just shy of £200 for it. Then there was the X-Men vs Street Fighter with 4mb RAM cart pack. Aww, painful memories ... PAINFUL! :D

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I am always thrilled when I see a game goes premim#. I only played one race and it's really fun. The turning gage is a little weird but I'm trying to get used to it.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ah, well, that sold me anyway.

The freemium to premium switch didn't bother me in the least, it was in fact what most put in on my radar in the first place.
    I see no reason to doubt anyone who soft launches at freemium and decides to make such a major change to it for launch. It would in fact have the opposite effect and demonstrate both a commitment and faith in the quality of the product on the developers side.

But what you detailed there of how much has been put in to it and sacrificed by the developer, the commitment level, I find I can only admire that.

Plus it does seem to be a top quality product so no risk involved for me.
    The 4 bucks won't even be on my radar but hopefully it'll show the dev that you know what, I admire what you've done and you're commitment, here's a little sign of support to show that those with that kind of commitment deserve to be rewarded and here's hoping you're choice and decisions pay off.
    I look forward to playing it and being appropriately impressed.

So off we go to the App Store to get it.

9. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #129 ironsam80, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    I agree in this too and not only because I want full view of graphics. In some tracks (those who have tunnels with sudden turns) the speedometer is exactly in the middle of where I must see and turn quick. Not much problem indeed but if I'd like to see two small adjustments in the next update would be customable buttons and different positioning of the UI (speedometer). 5 hours already in and I cannot put it down ��

Edit: and yeah! For those who hesitance in all the good comments here, that is frond page on App Store new and noteworthy here is a gold medal from PG http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/AG+Drive/review.asp?c=63999

10. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    "3.99 huh? IT HAD BETTER BE BEYOND PERFECT THEN."

Sheesh.

11. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Repulze > AG Drive > Flashout 2 (Premium) > Everything else

Those are just my preferences though. In my mind Repulze is the best Wipeout-like and AG Drive is the best F-Zero-like. Both games are absolutely incredible and worth whatever they are priced.

Back to unlocking Tier 2...

12. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

The ZORG dev team deserves all the praise they get for this gem. It's been a long, tough road to get this baby out the oven, but damn has it been worth the wait.

(And no, it's not just one man behind the game... read the credits section, folks!)

13. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    To be clear:i very much appreciate that this is a premium game and i would gladly pay even triple the price (Wipeout fan since the very beginning),it looks brilliant!

But this game is crying for controller support,i think it's crazy that it doesn't.

Playing on my iPad with Controller makes 10 times more fun to me and i won't go back (except for games that have a clear touch advantage or wouldn't work with a controller).

I'll buy this game the same second an MFI update pops up.I already sent them a mail with a request.If others would like to follow (more=better):

support(at)zorgentertainment(dot)com

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I did mention the team. ;)

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #135 VaroFN, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    Shouldn't the OP be updated? It still says that the app is Free in NZ.

Edited by a mod - Done !

16. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Back to only reiterate what a SICK and EPIC speedfest this game is!!! Straight to my #1 game slot in said folder. Cannot thank the devs enough for their effort and time vested in creating such a super high quality title. Unreal, mates, truly unreal. Cheers, hats off to your crew, perfectly executed in all regards. Quality= money well spent.

17. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    How do I transfer my progress from when the app soft launched in NZ, please?:confused:

18. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    The vast majority of the work is one man, who sold his vintage Transformers collection to fund the creation of the engine. I'm just going by what James at AppSpy said, however.

19. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    I wish I could get in touch with the developer direct or wish he posted here.

I like this game that much I'd like to put a donation his way via PayPal.

I cannot put this game down. Period.

20. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

The ZORG team sits in the same building as we do, one floor down :)
    (Also the PAKO guys are here, as well as the guys & gals who made Supernauts...)