Universal AG Drive (by ZORG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 4, 2014.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Pocket Gamer says the game contains IAP. Odd.

2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Finland
    Copypaste from finnish IGDA-group conversation:

Also, please note: the game is 3.99 per download, no in app purchases - the text in the store is a left over from soft launch when the game was f2p (should be fixed asap)

3. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Finland
    And about the game, well worth of 3.99! Big thanks to devs for switching for premium instead of f2p grinding.

GOOD JOB GUYS

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, it seems like the app's in some sort of transition phase on the App Store. Searching for the game reveals the app has no IAPs while if you check out ZORG's Developer's Apps page, it shows it has IAPs. :p

Anyways, an official endorsement from the developer of PAKO? Bought if that's the case! :)

5. Dekon

Dekon Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Belgium
    The only IAP is a link to the itunes store(not the app store) so you can buy the gametrack music for the iPod.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Is this a video of the old version? Coz this seems to have lives (timers i presume) and a plus sign on the upper right suggesting getting more currency through IAP.

Can this video please be removed if this was the old version? Threw me off and had me hesitating to buy despite efforts of some of the other forum members saying the new version has no IAPs.

7. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Does it still require an Internet connection to play?

8. MarleySaege

MarleySaege Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Game is cool, the environments / GFX are my favorite so far, very good looking, my only complaint is the lack of MFi support.

9. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    There is not a single iap in the game. The lives just gives an arcadish note in the race (in lot of places on the tracks you can fall down so with these lives you can do it only three times. When your hearts runs out you just lose the race, no timers or something else to revive etc). The game is pure premium with fantastic graphics (the best looking Wipe Out style, game on ios) and nice feel of speed. 3 hours already in the game and want to play more! The tracks are also very well designed with a lot of turns and loops. My only very small complaint is that I'd like to move the buttons where I want to (because I playing on iPad). The placement isn't bad at all. I just prefer to find my "perfect position". Anyway for everybody loves games like Repulze, Wipe out etc just grab it!

10. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    If you compare it with the great Repulze, is it better ?
    And how is the control ?
    I hope it has left and right buttons at the far left and right corner.

11. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    i can't shake the feeling that this will be free to play within 6 months

12. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Bought this just now, no idea how I managed to miss this one ... and well done on moving from Freemium to Premium!

Any word on whether MFi support will be added in a future update?

13. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Cant help feeling the same.....

[​IMG]

14. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    #94 RebornProphet, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    Ok, after picking my jaw up off the floor and playing this game for about 30 minutes ... WOW. :eek:

I loved F Zero and WipEout and while this game is definitely more like F Zero, I am in awe of just how good this game looks and plays. Another reason it's less like WipEout is that there's no weapons (that I can see), only racing.

I'm running it on an iPad Air and this thing screams by, the frame rate is incredible and the visuals are out of this world. The gameplay is broken down into proper races/events and mini events which are aimed at boosting your income a little by playing shower 20-30 second challenges such as hit a certain speed, make it to the checkout within 30 seconds, or duel races vs one other opponent.

Why do the guys above feel this will go freemium again within 6 months? The only reason I found out about it at all was because Apple have it featured on the App Store on the scrolling banner at the top of the games section.

I'm delighted to have found this, I love being able to play a game I can sit down and work toward progressing in rather than hitting paywalls through IAP.

A massive thank you and well done to the developers on this one. What a game, an absolute belter for fans of (in particular) F Zero on GameCube.

Edit: glowing review left on the App Store.

15. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I'm so tired of asking:MFI support?No?Wake me up if they add it.

Can't help myself but i doubt there are real gamer developing a game like this and then"forget"the controller support.We are in 2015,wake up!

16. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Graphics, sound, and sense of speed are top notch. I tried both the accelerometer and virtual button controls and surprisingly had better luck with the tilting. Probably best to play with a controller, although I still don't have one and I'm not sure if AG Drive supports them. I can see myself playing now and then when I need an adrenaline rush.

17. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #97 Pipipitchu, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    If you're right I'll be glad to have played it while it was a premium game without freemium bulls**t ;)

EDIT: Man, this game is hard!

18. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Start of by doing lots of bronze quick events to build up your cash.

Use this money for upgrades and after you complete the first set of upgrades enter the first actual main event race. Once you win that it opens up from there.

19. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Nice! Thanks for the tips! :)

20. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Can't trust a developer who goes from free with iap to premium. I'll pass. It'll probably go free or have iap in the future. Plus no controller support.