Universal AG Drive (by ZORG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 4, 2014.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Amazing game! I just unlocked Tier 2 and things are starting to be pretty challenging. As much as I can't make it through 1st challenge, I always fell of the track;) Other than that the game is really smooth with solid framerate, I rated with 5 stars on the AppStore, well deserved!

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

3. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Which ship are you using for tier 1? Should I have all three or is just one upgraded to the fullest enough? I would not like to spend all my money on upgrading Epsilon and then realizing I should have bought other ship and upgraded it instead.

4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I'm still using an upgraded starter ship and i'm just a few points shy from unlocking tier 2. And i didn't really have problems progressing this far.

On a side note, check the achievements On the start screen every now and then as they give you credits.

5. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Made it to tier2 with basic ship, almost fully upgraded, but it will be impossible to finish everything on gold with it, so any advice which ship to buy, the second one or the third one?
    For tier 2 I bought the first ship.

6. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I played it on my iPhone5 and there I can't beat the first race, even after trying 5 times. Played it on my iPad mini 2 and I finished 2nd place on my first try. I read Sanuku's post on the first page describing the same issue, has there been an answer from the devs on this?

7. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    It's the opposite for me. I'm unbeatable on my iPhone 6, but I have a hard time when playing on my iPad Mini.

8. ictoanen

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Almost makes you think the game runs better on A7 and newer CPU's...

9. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Bought the 2nd ship for start of tier 2 and boy I wish I wld have bought the first better handling ship for tier 2 also. Not rlly sure what the electricity charge even does. Mayb slows or bumps opponents off. First ship with turbo is the ticket, tier 1 or 2.

10. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Hope the devs update the touch controls in an update soon. As it stands, the touch controls are not only lackluster but seem quite broken and simply unusable, period. They only seem to be responsive whn u break throttle then steer. I say this b/c I would love to play this on my iPad air2 but refuse to use gyro on iPad in racing game.

11. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Nah, couldn't be that...
    :p

12. ictoanen

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Not sure if devs are reading this thread but I would really like a better indicator of the medal conditions. I just did a distance run and I thought I got 1st place but it turned out to be 2nd. Now I can't find the distance required to get 1st place anywhere.

Other than that, great fun!

13. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

Not really. I have an iPad 4 and the game runs at a butter smooth 60 FPS on it. Mind you, it doesn't have those fancy shmancy Metal effects, but I'm not that much of a graphic junkie.

14. roorooroo

roorooroo Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    I agree...the touch controls need an overhaul...great game otherwise.

15. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Beautiful game, but man, I suck eggs. The highest I finished was third place. I keep crashing around the bends slowing me down. But, I'm de-motivated from using the brakes around them because it slows me down too much. Maybe I haven't gotten the sweet spot on when and how much to brake around curves.

For those doing well in the races, please share some helpful tips. (Don't worry...I won't be much of a threat to your GC ranking).

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Same. I have been playing the first race many times and I can't even break into the top 5. I can't earn anymore credits so I'm like stuck because I cannot upgrade. I must really suck at this.

17. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Mine is actually the 2nd gen one (retina) so it has the A7. But yeah, it does run great on it. My problem is that I suck with tilt controls on the iPad, on any game. Something about the size of it throws me off.

18. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I bought it too now and same here.Mainly because both methods of steering are just not my cup of tea.Fingers crossed he will overwork the controls and (better) integrate MFI controller support.

Other impressios are great so far.Looks breathtaking and very polished (love the menu).

19. meejahor

meejahor Member

Oct 5, 2014
    News photographer
    I suck at this game too! Can't get higher than 9th place in the first race and that's only because another player got eliminated.

20. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    For those starting out I suggest playing one of the three 30-seconds races a few times to get some money for handling upgrades and if necessary other upgrades. I also had trouble with the first campaign race, but when I had upgraded my ship it went better. Upgrades are key in this game.

I didn't need the short races anymore to grind after the first race, so don't worry. I've now completed about 40 races, so it's definitely possible, don't give up!