Universal Aftershock - Tactical Card Combat (by Wonderspark)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wonderspark, Mar 9, 2017.

1. WakenBake

WakenBake Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    So far I am really enjoying it. Glad to be back. Missed y'all. I also play pogo quite a bit so I am constantly moving and can't wait to see how this game works while I do all that.

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Good point, unflattering since I just had shoulder surgery today, so movement will be very limited for several days. My fault for not elaborating.
    Maybe when I heal up, I'll take the dive, didn't mean to be misleading.

3. WakenBake

WakenBake Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I feel like the movement is just an option. You can do everything by just playing. I think anyways.

4. wonderspark

wonderspark Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Aha. Yeah, it's something we could probably work to convey better. The activity-tracking stuff - moving around, going to various locations - we're not asking you to go anywhere or do anything specific. This intentionally isn't at all like Pokemon Go. Basically the game takes information about what you're doing in the real world, and creates "events" in game around them. Depending on where you are, it'll change certain things, but the way we intended it to be, you don't need to do anything - you just need to live your life, and you'll see it reflected in-game.

Hope that makes sense!

5. sugimulm

It does, I'll bite, that way I can see the difference from minimal to full movement. Thanks, hope I can play on one hand #

6. wonderspark

Jul 29, 2015
    Yup. Game was designed to be played while rocking a kid to sleep in one arm. :)

7. sugimulm

Awesome!
    Tried playing stuck on initial loading screen. Deleted and reinstalled, same issue. Could it be Weblock that's enabled?
    iPhone 7 plus iOS 10.2.1

8. wonderspark

Jul 29, 2015
    Huh. If you get stuck in the loading screen, shut down the app & restart, rather than reinstall. If you can let me know if that worked, I'd appreciate it. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

9. sugimulm

#29 sugimulm, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Yeah did that, still stuck with the "loading wheel" spinning. Going on 5 minutes now.

EDIT: Weblock was the issue! Working now!

10. wonderspark

Jul 29, 2015
    Ah. Fantastic. We'll have to look into that. Not something we'd expected, but we *really* appreciate you working through it & bringing it to our attention!

Thanks!

11. wonderspark

Jul 29, 2015
    Looks like we have a potential fix for some folks who are getting stuck. If you're still getting stuck, delete & reinstall the app & try again. It looks like (from what we can tell) it's a really small number of people (in the low single-digits). But still, folks getting stuck on a loading screen for a game they paid for is unacceptable. So if you are still stuck, please let us know at [email protected], and we'll do everything we can to get things sorted out.

Thanks!

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Will wait to hear that all bugs have been solved. Going on a business trip next week and would be awesome to try this out on many different cities! I'm sure many people would ask about it as well.

13. sugimulm

For me it was Weblock.now works fine

14. wonderspark

Jul 29, 2015
    Heh. I don't think there's a game out there where all bugs have been solved. ;D

It seems like we should have the startup issues licked. It's always impossible to say for certain, but I think I can say pretty confidently that you can get it and the chances of encountering a problem are minimal. If you do, just drop us a note - [email protected] - and we'll do everything we can to solve it ASAP.

One problem is when you've got a very small team, there's always stuff that gets out that you didn't find in testing. We've been playing the game for almost a *year* on multiple devices, trying every situation we can. But it's never the same as releasing a game into the wild. So if you're interested in it, please give it a shot. If you run into a problem, please let us know. Sometimes that's the only way we can find certain problems, because we end up with players who are running some unique configuration we didn't even know to test.

Thanks!

15. morpheus

morpheus Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    USA
    Super impressed with this game! I've been waiting weeks for Card Thief and glad I found this.

16. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    #36 Machiknight, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Need some help with a few things

Great game, really enjoying it! Here are some things that I think could help:

Have an "exit" button for the little in-game help thing, or even a "dont show again" with the option of looking at it in the settings. I keep accidentally pressing it.

I wish there was a way to cancel PVP games that have been started but ignored by the other player. I mean just dont assign a w/l to it and it's all good. This is a constant problem with this style of multiplayer.

I have had a few of the video ads that dont give an exit button after playing. The one I can think of is "bunny pop".

How does resting work? My single player has been locked down since about 10pm last night with 0 health saying I need to rest. There is no button or explanation anywhere. I really dont want o have to spend 3$ just to refill my health to continue to play.

What are reward tiers? What purpose do they serve? How to I capitalize on them?

I think a good in-game FAQ or instruction guide for the NON-COMBAT stuff would be really helpful. Stuff like beacons, and how do steps work, and exactly HOW does it work associated with your real life, and HOW THE HECK DO YOU REST?

Other than this stuff I am totally loving the game. I think it would be cool to get a replay button to watch the fights play out after a battle too! PVP is way hecka fun.

17. tensider

tensider Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Enjoy, but with questions

I am also digging this game. At first the number of interrelated systems is a bit overwhelming but over time I'm getting the hang of it. I've had several great battles with random strangers. Definitely worth the money!

Questions and such:

1) What do beacons do? Can other players IRL see them? I don't want to drop a bunch of beacons in front of my house.

2) Does your number of steps in a particular timespan have in-game effect? While I'm happy to see events tied into a my jogging, I would be interesting to know whether 5000 steps is better or worse than No Movement Detected

3) Why do some of the AI bots have two cube symbols, some have one and an explosion symbol etc?

4) Another vote for being able to punt somebody who has been idle for more than a couple of days (perhaps giving them a 24 hour notice?)

5) Let us know if you want more randomized Adventure text. I quickly want to see new content and, though you did a clever job in how the text is switched up, it would be fun to get new log entries every month.

18. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Hey Tensider! You're one of my regular pvp matches haha!

19. tensider

tensider Member

Oct 22, 2014
    And maybe one of these days I'll actually be able to beat you :D You've been in some of those excellent matches that I mentioned.

Also, props to wonderspark for the ability to grant your defeated opponent a special card. It's classy and lessens the sting of losing (or makes you feel less bad about being on the winning side of a lopsided victory).

20. Torian

Torian Active Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I live on an 18 mile Long Island. Will the tracking aspect still be usable for me?