iPhone AfterLife: Ground Zero [by Trendy entertainment] (UE3 Graphical Tech Demo)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 9, 2011.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    That part near the end... is that cutscene really ingame ? Seems hard to believe.

And it would be too much to hope that the ingame gameplay graphics would come close to that, right?

2. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Yeah its nice and all.. but cmon what I really want is Dungeon Defender 2nd wave!
    Its pretty much done, its only locked up thats all.

Whats up with keeping that in Xperia play?
    How much can Sonys pretty much non existent device be possibly paying you that the whole legion of iOS user cannot top?

3. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    Now this is a game I can get excited for! It looks great!

4. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    #44 Borgqueenx, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
    Seems awesome graphics, nice music that fits with the genre. Cant wait for the actual zombies to come in, teammates to join and to see towers to build and different fights.
    A campain would also be epic.

And why not release the techinal demo?:D
    You can create a hype just like infinity blade did. Then everyone says WOW and will wait for release then instabuy. Youl make the press of alot sites and then suddenly give a release date.

5. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    #45 Pacificsun0481, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011

I kinda second this idea.

It's actually kinda brilliant. Perfect marketing...like Epic Citadel, was. They could probably even get away with charging a few bucks for just the empty level shown here. I'd buy it.

It'd be no different than Prope's UE3 ''game'', which was like Epic Citadel...

maybe add an enemy or 2, in which you hunt them...make a tech demo more susbtantive?

Sell it. I bet you'd have no problem, getting a ton of capital from the sale of a demo like this + it'd get into investor hands, where you'd propose financing...in addition to app sales to fund a robust experience for it.

6. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    It looked in game. More like a cinematic, but the character looked in game as it faded out.

7. PMasher@TrendyEnt

PMasher@TrendyEnt Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    It was an in-game (not pre-rendered) cutscene.

8. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    EPIC.

I'm all the more jazzed about this. Every little detail, even in a seemingly short video amps me up for this groundbreaking experience.

Everything is just coming together. It's games like these, which will keep me upgrading anually, chomping at the bit for the finer iOS experiences.

Trendy, teach Gameloft how to use the engine. They could learn a thing or twenty two from your talented team :D

9. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Of course this will run on 4th gen iphones and even 3rd gen. First of all theres not a big difference on what that the ipad 2 can handle vs. the iphone 4. The vid says its coming to mobile devices that leaves me to believe that its coming out on iphones/androids and tablets. Also they wouldn't start development for a phone that they dont even know will exist yet so it's for the iphone 4. It will probably be like 4 gb though

10. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

They might have started development on another phone (Android).

11. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    Although this game will probably be released in 2013 i guess i dont care to much cause ill probably have an iphone 7 by then lol

12. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Yeah...i would indeed seriously see that as a expected release date. Q1 2013.
    But as also a developer in the past: the start/engine is the most difficult task.
    Making maps most time taking though..

Any word about a careful ETA Trendy?

13. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    In the original video that leaked, Trendy had a commentary alongside the video.

They said they would be bringing it to iOS and Android "In the near future", which I take to mean it will probably arrive this year.

Early 2012 at the latest. I could see this arriving in time for the holidays, realistically.

The iPhone 4 is powerful, however when people say the iPad 2 doesn't have a significant bump in power - those people are flat out wrong. Sure the ram is the same...but the iPad 2 has a dual core A5, with a dual core version of the exact GPU in the upcoming quad core PS Vita.

There is a strong rumor, that the iPad 3 will include the same quad core chip as the Vita, which may not arrive for iPhone 6 due to heat issues/concerns.

Some developers already have an iPhone 4 (with internal A5 prototype), with the Dual core A5. It wouldn't be hard to program for the iPhone 5, when developing for the iPad 2: it will have the same chip. Therefore, they could easily anticipate what they'll need to develop for iPhone 5.

Thee iPad Seems to now be Apple's mobile device precursor in terms of specs for the year.

14. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    seeing how they obiviously just started making it and it took 7 months to do so I think that 2013 is more likely and can be considered near future. this was auctually just a tech demo to show investers i believe so I wouldnt get my hopes up about it coming this year.

15. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    2013 is a looong way away. you have a functioning tech demo, how long was infinity blade released after epic citadel? to guess at this being more than a year and a half is a stretch, i'd say it's much more likely to be out this year, based on the fact that the tools are in place, all that's needed is art assets, and while that does inevitably take time, we also have no idea how much of this is done already.

16. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Coming very late 2011 if possible but more likely in early 2012 & yes it will also support iPhone 4 & iPod touch 4 & other android devices there's to many people with iPhone 4s & iPod touch 4s to make this exclusive only to iPad2 ,that's alot of money to pass up on cause to be realistic out of the many people that own an idevice meaning iPhone,iPod touch,ipad1,& iPad2 statistically only 15-20% of them have a ipad2 while 30-35% have iPhone 4 or still the 3GS & with the most 35-40% of them having a iPod touch 4g or still 3G or even lower 2g leaving the rest 5-10% that still use nanos & shuffles or old classic iPods -so no this will not be for ipad2 only ,I have an associate that's working with them on the game & he himself told me it would be idiotic to make this game only for ipad2 so that's how I know

17. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    do these guys have a website/blog where we can ask questions/bug the living shat out of them for info?

edit: scratch that, bugging them now.

18. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    If you hear anything, we'd love to know :D

19. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member