Universal After the End: Forsaken Destiny (by NEXON M Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Mar 2, 2017.

1. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Nexon has been throwing out some awesome releases lately, glad to see it.

2. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    Today's been a good release day for us puzzle lovers! I'm just glad I had the space for this to download. Im so psyched to see all these new premium games! Gives me hope that the future might be more balanced .....well I can dream ...

3. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I think I get where AppUnwrapper is coming from. I don't think it's the need to move the camera itself, but even in the first level, I find that the distance between walkways and such makes it incredibly frustrating to see anything.

To me, the puzzle (and joy that comes with it) should be from figuring out how the interaction of objects works. Here, the tightness of everything and the inability to see what the heck I am doing amounts to struggling with the interface, not adding to the challenge.

It's lovely to look at, but I'm finding it to be more of a struggle than fun so far.

4. I was starting to think I'm crazy because everyone else is in love with it. I just started Pan-Pan and it's much more my speed. Just tap to move, tap to pick up and put things down. No death. And the camera isn't really hiding things.

5. spizak

spizak Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Mfi support?

Apple should really make that a checbox requirement on the app page as info.

6. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    That, and declare if a game has a non-removable energy system.

(Not saying this game does, Im just venting my issues with the current overall mobile gaming environment).

7. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    just played this for the last hour or so and it's freaking amazing. the breathtaking graphics and beautiful soundtrack and fun gameplay. yeah the way you have to move the camera everywhere you go to make sure you've don't get killed can be frustrating but this is still amazing in every way possible. why aren't more people talking about this

8. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    #48 abstractgamefreak, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Anyone tried that on iPad 2?

Yes, I know we're only 5% or so of all players nowadays, but we're still there. Most of the new apps which seem only to require iOS 7 do crash on ye olde iPad 2 due to RAM limitations. I'm not keen to apply for a refund (again) and my days of being an early adopter are long gone. So tx in advance for info ;)

9. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Amazing game. I love the mechanics and puzzle solving. No issues with the controls. I like being able to rotate the camera to try and find and figure out all the little nooks and crannies.... makes for some simple yet complex level design. The diversity of the puzzles and levels is superb! Excellent!

Runs great on iPad Pro.

10. schumacher89

schumacher89 New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    QTE gameplay

I am not a fan of quick time events like gameplay. While the sudden falling apart of the bridge works well in level 2. The level 3 on is near impossible where first the game slows you down intentionally, then doesn't give you a chance to run instead forcing a fast walk, followed by isometric view makes sure that you can't interact with the switch if you are standing next to it rather forcing you to push the button in to get access to the switch. I gave up after frustrating 30 tries. If that's the kind of difficulty dev is talking about, I am out.

11. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    You're not supposed to try to press the switch. It's impossible to press the switch in time. If there's danger, rule number 1 is run away from danger!

What is actually required from you has a fair amount of leeway.

12. bensufc

bensufc Member

Jan 8, 2015
    This looks super interesting! How long is the game, and how much exploring is there to be done? Is it open or does it follow a set structure?

13. choobs

choobs New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I'm really enjoying this game thus far. One of the tips when the levels are loading is that the game has an afterlife. I assume that's what happens when you run out of "lives". Has anyone experienced this yet?

Also, I've gotten through every level except the final one and I've rebuilt all the statues except I can't get one of the blocks in Episode 6. It's the one hiding behind the the rotating wall. The floor on the room above it is cracked, and the wall behind it is cracked, but I can't seem to find a way to make break them or make sure they're broken when the second character comes through that section. Any hints?

Otherwise, it's a really neat game.

14. vordhosbn

vordhosbn Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Australia
    I'm struggling with the same one. I'd love to hear from anyone that's managed to pick this one up.

15. Melanomaly

Melanomaly New Member

Mar 9, 2017
    So episode 6 is a bit tricky. Papa can time-pause in two places. The first switch is right after you get to the second floor (where you can rotate building to left). Don't grab that switch as Papa!

Instead. Rotate the wall from the second floor where you connect the 2nd floor to the left building, and the two hallways in the left building are connected. Use elevator, get to left building, fall down the hole and go around the corridors. You'll swing around and see that you can reach the room with the two turtle-spikes. That room has the switch Papa should grab.

Then, the son shows up and you'll see that the cracks become a hole right on top of the blocks. Jump in, grab, move to left and work your way to the one turtle-spike room and flip the switch back to Papa.

16. vordhosbn

vordhosbn Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Australia
    Beautiful! Thanks, Melanomaly! Appreciate you posting this :)

17. Melanomaly

Melanomaly New Member

Mar 9, 2017
    You're welcome! I spent so much time scouting the web to help with these puzzles; never thought I would help solve one. I eventually got all stone pieces and beat the game ... I think?

18. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Ditto. I actually can't seem to get the one floating up at the very top too.

19. vordhosbn

vordhosbn Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Australia
    #59 vordhosbn, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Hi imusic. For the one behind the rotating wall, see Melanomaly's post above - the key is to not hit the first 'time-shift' switch (the switch that makes you swap characters) that you come across.

For the one floating at the very top:
    There's a point you reach where you're on a walkway that's nearly directly beneath the floating piece. At this point, there's a switch off to the side of the walkway that will help you out.
    Flipping the switch raises a new piece of the walkway allowing you to progress forward in the level, but it also makes a new elevator appear directly below the floating stone piece. When you flip the switch and extend the walkway, instead of moving forward, go backwards one or two steps along the walkway and drop over the side of the walkway (there's a gap in the bars) down onto the platform below. Then step onto the elevator which takes you up to the floating piece.

20. touchchamp

touchchamp Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    This game was awesome. Hope an update with more levels comes out soon. Suggestion: game should save to the cloud automatically and just leave the reset option there.

Controls were fine in my opinion. Not bad at all. I've played some with horrible controls and this is FAR from that.

Has anyone completed the game with all achievements? If so, could you list the secret achievements? I'm missing two.