Universal After the End: Forsaken Destiny (by NEXON M Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Mar 2, 2017.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Try messing with the control settings, perhaps?

2. I didn't even know there were settings.
    Very poor signage. I'm supposed to know what a circle and square icon mean?

Thanks, though. Found them now and will give it another go.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, in their defense, if you "hover" (hold) over an icon in settings, it'll tell you what the option is.

4. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    [oops, question already answered by MetalCasket]

5. #25 AppUnwrapper, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    If you hold the triangle, square and circle icons on the main menu, though, it doesn't do anything. I pressed the triangle, assuming that meant play and then just played. And there's no way to access the settings from the pause menu, not from what I can tell. Come on! I had to quit to the main menu to change them. Now I lost progress on the level I was on.

Hopefully that didn't sour my experience too much. But did not leave a great first impression.

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Sounds like this was poorly implemented for iPad. Ashame because it's absolutely brilliant and controls just fine on my iPhone 6S+.

7. #27 AppUnwrapper, Mar 2, 2017
    I dunno, maybe instead of telling me every 5 minutes that I can swipe to control the camera, it could have told me how to change the settings?

The game says to touch the left side of the screen to control the joystick. The default settings have the joystick in a square that doesn't even make it up to the home button.

Will try it now with the area expanded.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Has any game in the history of mobile done that when there's just one control scheme though? >_>

9. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    #29 TheGreatEscaper, Mar 2, 2017
    Sorry to hear that the weirdly constricted default controls and clunky menu interface have put this game off to a shaky start for you, AppUnwrapper. Please do stick with it, the actual game itself is fantastic!

In terms of being poorly implemented for iPad, I've been playing this on an iPad Air 2 and have had no issues with graphics/framerate etc. I can definitely see how the controls could be viewed as cramped, but these are customisable in the settings. I don't think I would describe this as poorly implemented for iPad - in fact I'm quite glad I'm playing it on a big screen to get a better feel of the intricacies of each area.

I have just completed level 5, and it was a great level. So many little challenges packed into the area, and some sneaky navigation required to get to those areas which seem impossible to reach. I think despite being a single area level (in contrast to level 4 which spanned three different areas) it took me a good 20-30 minutes to beat this level, it's so densely packed with stuff to do.

If the rest of this game continues the current trend of becoming even trickier with really tight level design, I have absolutely no worries about the amount of content I'll be getting. Can't wait to hear some other opinions on level 5!

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woah... Looks like im getting yet another game.

11. #31 AppUnwrapper, Mar 2, 2017
    Changing the joystick settings helped, but I think it's just not for me. Too much going on at once. I like the puzzles, but I don't like having to change the camera constantly just to see where I'm going, so I don't walk into something that kills me.

The level with the boulder (once I figured out I wasn't supposed to hit the switch while running from it) was more to my liking. I could play with the switches and figure out what to do, and the camera was set in place. Then the next level got on my nerves again.

12. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Lol! We called that! ;) About to fire this bad boy up finally, it sounds amazing from your description! I also was reminded of the Adventures of Poco Eco from the character model. It's like they borrowed elements from the main character in AoPE for the head, and elements from the main character in Journey for the legs or something.

Again, nothing wrong with that, because this is obviously a very original and beautifully made game. It's just kind of hard to not notice the similarities. #

I'll have more to say when I play through a few levels.

Happy adventuring you Princes of Puzzles, you Kings of New Releases! :p (insert princess and queen for those of you who are female, of course)

13. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I misread @thegreatescaper comment, sorry about it

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Welp. You can't win 'em all. :( If you're trying out Pan-Pan you may want to know there's a lot of camera twirling involved too. :p

15. Can you die, though?
    It's the combination of the two that's really putting me off here.

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    wow this looks amazing and super beautiful. I just need one more person to tell me just buy it no regrets.

17. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Buy it. You won't regret it. ;)

18. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    thank you sir. boughttttt surprised this is premium usually nexon games are free to play

19. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Agreed. I was shocked to see that this is Nexon.

20. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Yup, I hope this is the beginning of a trend. We need to support premium games to get more. So many games to get I'm starting to get overwhelmed