iPad Aeterius Free released - 25 promo codes contest for the paid version

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by flod, Feb 21, 2009.

1. flod

flod Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Developer
    #1 flod, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
    Hey guys,

"Aeterius: Free For All", the lite version of "Aeterius: Contact Wars" was just released!
    You can download it here.

If you didn't hear about Aeterius before, here's a link to a YouTube gameplay movie. It captures the first release of the paid version, so it's a bit different than this game, but should still give good hints about the gameplay.

Looking forward to your feedback and, of course, your App Store reviews are highly appreciated.

If you like the free version, you might be also interested in participating in the following contest with 25 promo codes for "Aeterius: Contact Wars" in awards.
    During this weekend, submit a screenshot of your profile showing the total score and last completed level in this thread, and on Monday I'll announce and award a promo code for each of the top 25 contestants.
    (Finished)

Thanks!

And the winners are:

1st place: butters - 5114
    (The undisputed and unchallenged winner of our contest -- A round of applause, please!)

2nd place: spmwinkel - 3450
    3rd place: troile00 - 2935
    (A second round of applause, please!)

4th: heirborn391 - 2438
    5th: rpb1975 - 2317
    6th: voodoovyper - 1720
    7th: spartan12103 - 1668
    8th: stykman - 1632 (let's trust him with that latest high score :) )
    9th: njd911 - 1038
    10th: sygg - 992
    11th: jawslover - 852
    12th: thedeliriumtrigger - 1197 (let's trust him, too :) )

Thanks to everyone who participated!

2. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    do u have to beat yhe whole lite vrsion?

3. flod

flod Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Developer
    Not necessarily. If no one beats it by Monday, I'll just have to consider the top scores regardless of the last completed level.
    Still, I hope people won't start competing for the highest score in Level 1 :)

4. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    This is a really cool idea. I'm going to give it a go :)

5. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    #5 Stykman, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
    The game is kinda hard to beat i was on level 3 when i lost my last life

this is as far as i got so far

can i enter another one if i get higher cuz this isnt my final one unles i can get any higher

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    #6 spmwinkel, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
    My entry for now. I may edit/update it later but I wanted to get my post here. :)
    [​IMG]

7. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Is it possible to take screenshots with the iPod Touch. What would I need?

8. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    you need switch off and "home" buttons. click them together QUICKLY, for one sec.
    the photo will be saved in your photos library.

9. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    Ah splendid, you don't even need to hold them, just a quick press works.

Is there an app that allows for photo upload, since I don't have an email account set up with my Touch.

10. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    email it to yourself and then upload it to flickr or photobucket

you might need to put the email in sent to get it to appear

11. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    When you plug in your ipod (iPhone) into your computer, go to it in my Computer, click on dcim, then 999apple.

12. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    And then the easiest way is to press "Add Reply" at the bottom of the topic (Q/Reply will not work), and then you can Upload an Attachment. :)

13. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    Thanks everyone, that helped a lot. Never would've been able to figure that out.
    Thanks again :)

14. flod

flod Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Developer
    Cool, guys! Keep them coming! :)
    You can edit your previous posts (if possible here, I'm not sure), or submit the progress you make any time during today or tomorrow.
    I'll just rank the best scores and award the winners.

Feel free to submit even scores up to lower levels, because it seems the competition doesn't go as high as I was expecting, so even if you go up to the 2nd or 3rd level you might still be among the top 25 ;)

I know it might not be the easiest game to just pick up and beat the hell out of those little guys, but it might really be tougher than it should :rolleyes:
    I'll ask for some feedback on the difficulty and your general impressions, if you don't mind, later these days, so for the moment just have some fun targeting the highest score!

Regarding the screen caps' transferring, AFAIK, the easiest way to do this on a Mac is just opening iPhoto w/ the iDevice connected -- you should see a "Devices" category in the left pane and your screenshot in the contents area, after selecting it. Sorry, I don't know the easy alternative on Windows (go for jawslover's hint).
    For the actual in-game capture, sleep+home (it seems easier for me if you hold first sleep, than tap home) until the screen flashes, as has been explained previously.

Go spmwinkel! :)

15. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Could you tell me the difference between the free and full version?
    We have 3 free profile slots here, are there any other limitations?

Re: difficulty - I like the challenge, it takes a few "profiles" to get through a level but once you finish a level it is rewarding. (And frustrating because the next level is even more challenging)

An introduction to the enemies would be nice though, when a level starts for the first time you don't know that you'll die when you touch a certain object on the screen. (On the other hand, I'd understand it if you'd say that figuring this out is part of the game. :))

16. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    flod the game is pretty difficult i wish their would be touch controls maybe.

the acelerometr controls are a bit unpredictable IMO
    but overall the game is good
    i like the concept
    is spmwinkle winning so far?
    as in #1
    im #2 :D

17. flod

flod Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Developer
    Full version has music, unlimited profiles, 45 levels (35 arenas like in this one + 10 missions rewarding you w/ power-ups), 9 foes (I'd say, the other, much cooler) & 15 power-up types that you can stack into your inventory.

Regarding your last suggestion, though, yes, figuring them is part of the game :)
    At least in the full version, there are some "objects" that leave you like "WTF?!" when "meeting" them for the first time :)

18. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    @flod: This game seriously rocks. At first i was miserable with my 'lowscores' (as like to call 'em), but with only some practice you can get better at the game pretty fast. Whatever you do please do NEVER tone down the difficulty. This one is just right. It's not too easy and not too hard and you get a pretty fast learning curve. So the balance is top imo. :)

Right now i'm only at about 2,5k or something, so i will hold back on that screenshot for a little while. ;)

19. flod

flod Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Developer
    Thanks! :)

I'm not really planning to make it a lot easier than this, but more to decide what would be the best average difficulty. So my first thoughts are to add difficulty level selection (tied to the profile) in a future update. I think it needs an "Easy" mode for people picking it up for the first time, and set it to the way it is now only when playing the "Hard" or "Normal" modes (still to decide if now it is hard, or just OK).
    Will do something after I sort out the online scores implementation ;)

Thanks for your feedback.

20. flod

flod Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Developer
    And I could release another game of space pool, than! :)

Thanks for your suggestions, though.