Universal Adventures of Pip (by Tic Toc Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 2, 2015.

1. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    #121 hincy89, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    £12 and no iCloud support,no cross play, no nothing even the controls are a little fiddly.

I know it's the same price as steam but steam has cloud sync for save files (not that the controls are that bad)

The controls are a little bit fiddly can't re- positioned

Would have been happy at £8 but would still expect iCloud saves

Just to clarify my issue is not the price but lack of features

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Check King Kev's Afterpad site. It's top of it's class. This is possibly my favourite game this year - granted I've only played with a controller.

3. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Controls are always going to be an issue with most platformers.. I personally think the controls are fine.. Takes a bit of adjusting to like all platformers but I'm just grateful I could play anytime, anyplace... Seems like a fair trade sacrificing controls a bit to be able to play on an airplane/bus/restroom etc ##

4. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    I love that princess after the end of 2nd world.

5. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    There was something up with the app. Last week, there were 2 threads that i had the option to start, but then 3 days later, both threads were just magically there for me to finally view. I'm wondering if the same app anomaly did the same here, cuz I don't miss anything....Anything... that is on the hot app list or in news.

6. philadendron

philadendron Active Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Las Vegas
    4-1 and 4-6. Final Villagers for each one. Has anyone found them? They're the last two I need. Everything else is done, plenty of money. I have the Villager detector and it tells me the rooms they're in, but I can't for the life of me find them. Has anyone found them?

7. powlicious

powlicious Member

Jun 27, 2013
    How is it premium if it's not even optimised for the plattform? All these shitty pc ports don't offer any "plattform related" stuff but cost a shitload of money...

They ruined it by themselfes.

Beside that, there are so much other, optimised games which bring fun to the table...so who cares about games that cost 15 bucks and perhaps, are never played in the end (like Transistor which totally sucks on phone imho).

Every game above $8 without plattform features is a joke and shows they gave a shit on "production quality".

And btw, on steam there are sales, while plattform supported. So...yeah. Just wait and pay 75% less. Valve understood how markets work but these guys doesn't.
    Later they will whine about how premium games don't pay off on mobile, even they cheated there way up in visibility with a 1 week lower price tag. Now the lost both.

But who cares. Perhaps the developer. Because i just bought something else with that money.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Just a heads up for folks like me who had given up on Pip because of the controls: the update that hits yesterday is a huge improvement. Not only are the standard controls a lot better, they've also made them fully customizable. For me at least the game has become way more enjoyable, which makes it easier to appreciate the clever concept, excellent level design, and beautiful graphics.

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Was just about to post the same thing.... Having the ability to move the buttons and resized brought this game back for me. Fantastic work!

10. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Dido. With controller customization (and the already beautiful and well made game)... game of the year contention?

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    What was once a source of frustration has turned into an amazing gaming experience. Flying through levels now and loving every minute.

This game is well worth the price if admission.

12. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    So is this game worth £7.99? What makes it so good?

Is there still no iCloud saving in the latest update?

13. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Totally worth it
    It's not a half baked platformer game
    It's totally console like
    Especially with the floating stick now it gets better

I don't think there's an icloud saving but that doesnt bother me at all

14. theboxhead

theboxhead Member

Sep 5, 2012
    #134 theboxhead, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    Real Game

Great game. We need more of these types on iOS. Simple menus. Slick presentation. Clever gameplay ideas. Quality craftsmanship. Definitely not just another "me too", IAP filled, "whale" targeted, internet connection required, sloppily put together mess. In my opinion, it's a "real" game. This is an experience to enjoy, instead of the usual thinly veiled exploitation. Only thing I would add is iCloud game progress sync.

15. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    just got this... it's amazing :D how do i save though! not sure and don't wanna turn off the game and lose progress

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Was this game originally $15

17. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    So I confuse this one with another and that's why I haven't bought either . The other also changes but he game does like it starts with pixely turn based battles and ends up 3D action rpg. But I know that one or this game abruptly ends without an official ending and the sequel was announced only for steam because it's too big for mobile. Anyone know if that's this one or the other game I'm thinking of? Lol

18. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Evoland?

19. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    #139 dbagga84, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Yeh evoland! That's it. Is evoland the one that doesn't have an official ending ? That's why I didn't buy either evoland or pip cause I can't remember lol

Nm I answered my own question by using TA app search for evoland and top article was about developers officially stated no sequel on android or iOS devices. So looks like I'll be getting pip

20. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    This is great! So glad I picked this up in the last sale, after much umming and ahhing. The gameplay and story is so charming, and having resizable and movable virtual buttons makes a huge difference. This is easily one of the better platformers on iOS - and there are a lot of very, very good platformers on iOS.