Universal Adventures of Pip (by Tic Toc Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    15 bucks ? #

Nice to the devs who are really dreaming ! #

End of sales for this game until they'll come back to reality and make a better price for a platform game !

2. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    The price is not the problem tbh. The game is so worth it and of premium quality. We have just this flawed vision and expectation now from games.
    What I fail to inderstand is how a game of this calibre can only support newer devices when other games have managed to run perfectly on "older" gens (yes I'm sour my Mini can't run the game even though something like Transistor can). So that's why I am asking myself how did the devs think that limiting this game to a certain gen AND hiking the price that far was a good idea. Like, pick one struggle and stick with it. Don't try to cover every "fail" block :p

3. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #83 PBSNellie, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Im just annoyed because I have that GC Bug and have to turn it off if I want this game to load. I would never pay this price for a game knowing that it has a bug like this. Im regretting I bought it at all since its such a hassle just to load the game. Im hoping they will fix it.

Update: I fixed it myself. I deleted about 10 GC friends (I only had about 123) and it loads fine now.

4. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Woah what happened to the price. I bought this for 4.99$ . And I heard there's on,y 30 levels or something? 15$ seems like a lot

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yup! Seriously?! Fugedaboutit! Then they woke up! Whatever! Can't even play it on my iPad 4 anyway! They're obviously blowing it!!! :eek:

6. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    And this is why I don't come on forums to see all this shit. You guys saw it was 4.99 on sale what did you think? Seriously? Stfu. 15.00 for a game isn't a lot. It really isn't. I bet you all have a system you pay 60+ for. WHINNNNNNEEE

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Totally agree. The clue was there ! They said the price would go up. Really enjoying this game. Hats off to the dev

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    smh @ the last few comments in this thread. You guys have no one to blame but yourselves for not picking this up when it was $5. And yes, it's worth the $15.

9. DCBizzle

DCBizzle New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Damn it. I was looking forward to getting this game and had it on my watch list. I don't get paid until tomorrow so that sucks it went up to $15. Not sure if I'll buy it now.

10. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Stop the hate and all those articles about complaining or not.
    I didn't complain about it but I'm a still surprised to the high top full price.
    I prefer invest 15 bucks for this game for my Ps4 instead of buying it on IOS.
    I'm buying a lot of games since 2010 on appstore, didn't like IAPS games of wall paid barreers on free games and would always prefee a premium price.
    But it would be fair to double the price for one or two days and advertising people instead of raising it directly to 15 bucks !

I'm tired with a lot of games I've boughr day one at full price to see it reducing or be free one or two days later ! In this case that's exactly the opposite case so I prefer laugh of it instead of complaining ! End of affair ... :)

11. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    The article by carter is great. The last paragraph made me laugh

12. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I'm not complaining but I'm just looking at the price of others platformers on mobile.. I own a bunch of 15, 20 dollar games.. Most are console ports or strategy games with countless hours of replay value.. Rex Rocket and VVVVV (platformers) are just a few bucks and I've logged 20 plus hours on both.. This game is excellent and I'm so glad I picked it up on sale.. I hope it keeps selling, I'm just afraid it won't at that price ##

13. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Incredible game. I snatched it up the moment I saw it. And like many great games that are underpriced in my opinion, for the value of a game like ..Pip I don't think $15 is half as extreme as people have been saying. Developers have been having to underprice fantastic products more and more over the years because of so many users that don't even want to pay a few dollars for extra content.

Adventures of Pip is such an unforgettable platformer that I'm planning on picking up a copy for the WiiU as well.

Thanks again to the Devs for the huge sale price at launch!

14. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    #94 orangecan, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    My thoughts too really - it doesn't matter whether it's worth the asking price or not, I just don't think that it will sell at this price regardless, if nothing else then because it does seem very overpriced compared to other similar games.

I'm assuming there isn't a free version to try? I think if you are going to charge this kind of price then a trial version or a funk unlock iap would be a good way to go

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well if it does keep selling watch for devs to do the same and raise the price of their future apps. Think it's a good thing. Devs get more money. We still get cheap ($10) games

16. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Fantastic game. Managed to pick it up while on sale so thanks to the devs for that. I agree with others that this game is worth at least $20.

17. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    The game is interesting but the controls feel clunky, even with a controller.

18. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    The devs have some audacity to have a 'broken' game at that price. The least they could have done is beta test it so it wouldn't have such issues at release, or fix it.

There is no way I am going to pony up all that money until they fix it and they implement iCloud save!

19. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #99 chief78, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    I'm also on the fence. I get the point of the article, and i agree with paying a premium over a freemium model ANY day. But that $15 buy-in is still pretty steep.

Price aside, my gripe is that sale was more like a flash sale. By the time the game was advertised on the app store, the sale was already gone. That, to me, seems a very odd tactic. As well (as said by others), there are plenty of ports of full-sized, console experiences at the same price. Does this have 30-40 hrs of gameplay? I'm guessing no chance.

I fully agree that with such a steep buy-in, you gotta let people try your product. No amount of hype and good praise is going to ultimately change one gamer's stance, as every gamer has different tastes and specificities that make the experience unique to them.

I think the dev needs to seriously consider the same appraoch Star Wars Rebels used. Even as stout of a property as Star Wars took a cautious approach in how the game was presented to the public.....and oh yeah, it was a 1/3 the cost. People want to compare experiences and say that a $15 proce tag is warranted, but all I'm saying is that in a market where an average paid app is maxed around the $10 mark, a higher premium needs a bigger ad engine or better promotion to be accepted. As-is, most iOS users are going to gape at the price tag and run for the hills.....whether the price is warranted or not. That's all I'm saying.

20. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I considered buying this too. Maybe at 5.00, but definitely NOT at 15.00 !