Universal Adventures of Pip (by Tic Toc Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 2, 2015.

1. abazigal

abazigal Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2013
    Just got the game. Control feels mushy and awkward on my iPad mini 2. I guess this is one of those games where you really want s physical controller to get the full experience. Now contemplating getting the stratus steelseries from the Apple Store. Your thoughts?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Make that a Madcatz controller. ;)

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I understand the control issues, but I've personally not had any problems with them. Yes, they are tiny and yes, they are not even close to perfect...but they're more than serviceable.

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Playing on a 6 Plus and have not had major issues with controls. I understand what people are saying but, the controls have been fine for me.

5. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #65 PBSNellie, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    In general, how does this play on an IPAD Air? And how do the graphics look? I want to get this but don't usually get this type of game for an iPhone.

Edited: I just saw Metalcasket's comment when I expanded the Read More. Downloaded.

6. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I'll second that.

7. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Just grab this earlier. One more game adding to my backlog. Watch some game play and really like the style of he game. I haven get to really play it yet but I did try the Game Center bug that some are reporting. And it's fine for me no crashing or anything. On iPad Air 2 iOS 8.4. Also it's great to know this having mfi support. I love my horipad, and I am sure it goes extremely well with this game without any exception :)

8. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    I have an iPad 4 and an iPhone 5s, both are compatible? How playable/unplayable are the controls on the iPhone 5s? I'll apreciate if someone with an iPhone 5s took a screenshot to see the controls, and finally buy this one that looks freaking cool.
    :) Thanks!

9. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Despite the crampy controls to the right (imagine your thumbnail in the corner and all three buttons fit in, on a 5s), they are very responsive and very accurat, otherwise i couldn't have beaten level 3-1. Omg, how challenging this game gets, throwing new enemies/friends in and great puzzles to solve with them.

In the Town there is a status map, i've played 17/36 levels within 7 hours! Note: i played some over to rescue all three civilians per level.

In case you forgot who you saved (i did) and another thing i finally found out, some want to find out for themselves...

The Blacksmith has a shop, and you can do a down-dash by holding the down button and the sword

I will be finished with this brilliant game by the time it should get (IF of course) new controls, but as i consider this close behind the "godfather of ios platformer", Swordigo, i would play this once again, what usualy ain't my thing at all. Just saying, i played Swordigo three times over the years.

PS: if i wasn't the only one to shot an email over to the devs, then...

10. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    I love this game. It sure is hard though. But that's why it's great. Makes me want to chuck my iPad through a window.

11. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    6+ with 8.4, works great. Awesome game!

12. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    #72 brybry, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    Fun game, but the buttons are too small. Also, sometimes there's a lack of responsiveness with the controls. Sometimes I try to bounce off an enemy and use that for a bigger jump by holding down the jump button... When I bounce off sometimes it doesn't register that I'm holding the jump button and I plummet downward to a spiked death. Or... I jump while holding the directional pad forward and I jump straight up and not forward at all. Maybe the buttons work fine and it's just a matter of the buttons being too small that I miss it by a hair. Either way, the game is difficult to enjoy with the majority of the problems being the layout. The game itself is fun, but I get taken out of the experience by the aforementioned problems. 4 stars because it's a cool concept and a cool puzzle plat former regardless... I want to play more but there has to be a customizable button layout before I can continue (too many hand cramps).

13. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    There is NO lack of responsiveness and as you said, the buttons are too small. The reason to not get a higher jump is simply because you also hit accidently the hit-box of that little down-button.

I played with the d-pad because i have a direct input when i put my finger on left/right.
    Playing with the analog stick needs a slight move first to acctivate the direction, and this little delay could cost you life or timing.

I finally finished the game with all villagers saved in under 18 hours (no love for any other game while at it). For some of them i needed a detection powerup, though in a few cases they were useless since i didn't find the entrance to the secret passage in first place. Once i found it and already saw the villager, the detection alert went on, lol, too late. I didn't get an answer of the Devs to my email (i don't expect one nomore) and now i'm heading over to the store to give it a rocksolid four star rating. Easily a five star game with a customizable buttons option, pity.

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Despite the control issues, I find myself drawn to this game and continually coming back. Huge sence of accomplishment (for me at least, maybe others gave an easier time) when I complete a level to perfection.

If the controls could be tightened just a little this would be the perfect game.

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=265364][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265482][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265365][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265375][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265655][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265496][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265536][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265356][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265363][​IMG][/thread]

Adventures of Pip

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

July 2nd, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

16. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    #76 The Son of Anarchy, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Whoa, 66% off is finished, there's a rather large price on this sucker now!

17. Warthog

Warthog New Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Airline Pilot
    Georgia
    I have a Horipad. This game is a hundred times better with an Mfi controller. I would not have continued past the first level using touch controls. They're bad. The Horipad is expensive but has the best D pad of them all. Perfect for this game. I'd imagine any controller would make this game much better.

18. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Controls aren't bad IMO.. I'm just happy all these awesome platformers are being ported.. VVVVV, Electronic super groove, Rex Rocket, all take some time to get used to but are excellent games

19. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Just checked in on this thread.....$15? Worth it? That's a steeeep buy-in IMO. But I'm also intrigued bu thos game....just....?

20. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    #80 Luciano1084, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Damn the price hiked up to 15 bucks (didn't really pay attention to the 66% off launch sale on the description, just bought it)..That might be a bit much for this IMO.. It's a great game but platformers don't go for that much on iOS.. Iffy move, not many people are going to take the plunge at that price.. 5 bucks, maybe 7 is a good number.. 15 not so much