Universal Adventures of Pip (by Tic Toc Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 2, 2015.

1. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Anyone tried this on their iPad Mini?

2. Brettedwards

Brettedwards Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2015
    No I was thinking the same thing? I think it should work but I guess you don't want to risk it.

3. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    You can't even download it on an unsupported device. I tried with my iPhone 5 and I got a message that said the game would not work on this device. I'm going to buy it from iTunes on my computer when I get home. I'll play it after I upgrade.

4. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    You're right, I guess I'll wait. After all it's not like the game won't be discounted again in the future. Hopefully I can squeeze more usage out of my Mini since there are more and more stuff that don't support it. Donno if iOS9 will be a good thing for older generations.

5. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    Oh shame...I never tried to do that but it's good to know.
    It's weird because you can actually search for the game and find it on the Mini. I thought if the search doesn't come up with anything (kinda like iPhone only games vs searching on an iPad where you gotta specify "iphone only).
    I have 11 cents left so I went ahead and clicked buy hoping to see a notif that my device is unsupported, but seems like "insufficient funds" is more of a priority than that.

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I'm about to buy. Just two questions:

1) Does this work well on iPhone 6, control-wise?

2) Does Game Center work now?

Thanks for the videos and impressions guys.

7. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I've only played on a 5S with my old logitech controller and it's fantastic. Unfortunately, I'm still skiing that yeti mountain, but this and the executive are stone cold classics.

8. Anotherkellydown

Ha! Thanks slam. I have to agree with you on the exec and yeti.

9. TTotully

TTotully Active Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Hey can anyone tell me how to log out of game center so i can play this game? I appreciate it.

10. Anotherkellydown

Go to settings, scroll down to Game Center, tap dat, then tap Apple ID at the top and log out.

So I take it this means Game Center is not working?

11. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    The game has crashed on start up a couple times, possibly due to Game Center, but on the whole it seems to be working fine. I'm using an iPad Mini 2 on 8.1.2. I have earned 1 of 20 achievements. :eek:

12. TTotully

TTotully Active Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Not for me, still crashes on the loading screen if I have Game Center enabled. Using an iPhone 6 64gb running iOS 8.4.

13. Anotherkellydown

That's the exact setup I'm using. Looks like I'll be playing on the mini. Thanks a bunch, Andy!

I haven't upgraded to iOS 8.4 yet (still running 8.3 on my iPhone 6). Maybe it's iOS 8.4 that's causing the problems. I'll try it on both and see what happens.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Fine for me on ios 8.2 iphone 6

Really enjoying this game. Done the first few levels

15. Anotherkellydown

Yep, this is quite awesome! Finished up Forest 1-1 and went back to the town.

The graphics, gameplay, music, and overworld map are really great. Can't wait to dig in some more.

iPhone 6, 8.3 - crashed on the "welcome back" Game Center pop up. Restarted the device and it was fine.

iPad mini 2, 8.2 - worked the first try

I did much prefer the controls on the iPad. That's the device I'll be playing this on. Resizable buttons would be a nice option for playing on an iPhone, as would cloud saving.

I highly recommend trying this out for anyone with a compatible device.

16. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    The game looks really inteiguing!!

17. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Well designed levels, lots of polish, controls great on a mfi controller. I bought hesitantly while it was on sale and I'm glad I did. Played through the first 5 levels or so and the game is a blast. I would say if you like platformers get this now before the price goes up. Going to say already this is one of my favorite iOS platformers.

Iphone 6+ iOS 8.4. Have not had any issues with gamecenter or anything else.

18. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Same here iphone 6+ 8.4 no crash or anything
    Just plain fun platforming :D

What controller did you use for the 6+?
    I still hesitated to buy between madcatz Ctrl or moga rebel...

19. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I use the full size mad catz ctrli. Wanted a controller with analog sticks and a dpad that could hold my 6+ in a case. The ctrli fits the bill perfectly. I think it's the best iOS controller at this point.

20. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    I have an iPad 4 and an iPhone 5s, both are compatible? How playable/unplayable are the controls on the iPhone 5s? I'll apreciate if someone with an iPhone 5s took a screenshot to see the controls, and finally but this one that looks freaking cool. :)