Universal Adventures of Mana (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schnedi, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks dude!
    This is a real gem for fans of the old school video game days

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Thanks, appreciate. Thought I covered everything but must have missed. Will get it a go. Thanks again.

3. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #83 Dailon80, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Im just wondering aimlessly myself but I have managed to find some good stuff including the sickle. I also like going back and grinding up some levels might as well.
    My play time is 57 mins right now and I'm level 7
    Would be interested to see some others who are playing it post their play time and level
    Just killed two enemies and went to level 8
    Quick tip too the sage level up increases limit breaks and makes them quicker

4. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    This looks lovely. As someone who tired of the iOS version of Secret of Mana before finishing it, how does this retooled prequel compare? It's a fairly hefty price.

I'm thinking of downloading Secret of Mana again to refresh my memory...

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This game certain does not hand hold you which is good and bad. You're going to need to do a lot of exploring yourself without the game telling you exactly where to go like most modern RPGs. So it is a bit tougher in that respect.

There's also a LOT of inventory management since enemies drop items at a normal RPG rate I would say but your inventory is really small and you can't stack any items on each other (each mattock is a separate slot) so it can get bothersome for some people.

Is there any other way to restore MP besides level up, items and resting? I'm guessing there isn't so if you're out and about, I would recommend scarcely using MP since you barely have any. This game definitely gives a challenge despite the simple fighting mechanics.

6. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Yup, the only way to recover mp is by leveling up and using items.. being a mage is really though in this game

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    20 minutes in, level 3, just made it to the top of the waterfall. Feels pretty solid. And despite the old school way of finding my way around, I am having a blast. It's fun to go exploring and just wacking enemies.

I want to mention that the save system makes me so happy. I wish they would have implemented this save system into the Secret of Mana app. So far, I can manually save ANYWHERE! So awesome.

8. goggles

goggles Active Member

Mar 28, 2013
    From the gameplay impressions, this looks closer to Final Fantasy Adventure than Sword of Mana. Is that accurate?

9. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Can you tell me what generation of devices you're playing on? Still want to buy this but not sure it's going to work on my iPad mini 1. I love the look of it so far and really want to buy.....but it's a lot of money to pay for a game that won't work on my device....

Please? Can't see a recommended device list anywhere...

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, it's a remake of FF Adventures, so you are not wrong.

11. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Via Wikipedia page of Final Fantasy Adventure:
    'A third remake entitled Adventures of Mana for iOS, Android, and PlayStation Vita was released on February 4th, 2016' :)

12. goggles

goggles Active Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Thanks, if that's the case then I can't wait to try it out.

13. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Airship

I'm stuck. Cibba tells me what to do but i can't find my way to the west
    Solution any?

14. Asdone

Asdone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    It's only in english or japanese?

15. Serenityinaz12

Serenityinaz12 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Please don't tell me you're trying to compare Zelda and Secret of Mana in the same breath as Chaos Rings 3.....

16. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    I'm stuck wondering if anyone can help. I'm in the counts peat cave with the redmage. Got the sickle, broke through the wall, went through a handful of rooms and got to the room where you break the rock in the corner. Leads to a landing outside with a tall vine but every time I try climbing up it seems I get up to the same point and then fall and I restart back in cave area. Has anyone been able to climb all the way up the vine? I tried 10 times and fall every time. Was thinking it might be s bug?

17. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #98 Dailon80, Feb 4, 2016
    Not at all
    I am saying in my opionion I didn't care for chaos rings and that's those are better and to put in proper context it's answering a person who said which should I buy adventures of mana or chaos rings 3 and I simply said I would buy adventures of mana but I am sure my opionion is just that mine and not a majority.
    And actually in my post that you highlighted I mentioned nothing about chaos rings so not sure what you are even trying to refer too. But I did answer a person who Asked which should he buy and told him adventures of mana that's all. I think I know the damn diff and that those games are nothing alike.

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #99 Dailon80, Feb 4, 2016
    English in us App Store
    Japanese in Japan App Store
    Now I'm not sure if you can change languages from the settings. The Japan App Store version goes by a diff name and the app icon looks totally diff.
    Right now this game is no 2 on the Japan store all list and no 1 of course minecraft :) but I think this one will go number one in Japan at some point not to say minecraft won't grab that spot back soon
    One more thing it's rated all stars!

20. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Never mind think I figured it out. For some reason some of the locked doors would say key doesn't fit at first then on the second try they would... Weird