Universal Adventure To Fate : Quest To The Future JRPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Touchmint, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    My beta testing feedback:

Tasks: I've completed all tasks except for:
    Defeat Final Thanatos

Questions:
    What class did you play?
    Mercenary, Cultist and Priestess.

What Profession did you use?
    I've tried weapons, armor and potions making.

What was your starting pet?
    My starting pet on my first game was a Living Aqua. I've since started games with the other pets available at start.

Is it easy to create a character and start up the game? If not what was confusing about it?
    Perfectly easy.

Is it easy to battle a monster? If not what was confusing about it?
    Perfectly understandable.

Is it easy to navigate the world? If not what was confusing about it?
    Easy to navigate, not at all confusing.

Was crafting easy? Were the items useful?
    Crafting is easy and cool, and the items are awesome! I especially find crafting potions to be very useful.

Report any bugs that happened or things you figure should not have happened.
    See previous PMs. (I had the unequip issue)

Where there any points in the game that seemed too hard?
    No. Some monsters were challenging, but you learn how to defeat them.

Where there any points in the game that seemed to easy?
    I think it's well-balanced overall. Not too hard, not too easy.

What could make the game more fun?
    Honestly, I think it is great fun exactly as it is!

I want to add that I appreciate that you didn't add hunger as a game element, the way a lot of roguelikes do. I like to focus on leveling up, finding cool equipment, and killing monsters, and not on desperately hoping to find food so my character won't starve.

I also really like that when I die I am reincarnated with my goodies intact. Losing some gold is just fine if I can keep my hard-won stats and equipment! It's great.

I love the game--you have created another winner!

2. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    @Valentia thanks for the great feedback and all the help!!!

I am messing with adding gamecenter to the game and thinking about how leaderboards would work. Would you guys rather see something simple when finishing the game like total player deaths? or would you rather see some kind of high score generated (combo of pets found, deaths, lower level completion). for example say you found all 13 pets that would be 200 points + no deaths + 200 points + beat the game at level 24 + 200 points = 600 points for leaderboard score.

3. Valentia

Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Very glad I could help!

Game Center integration would be very cool. I would absolutely love the second, more detailed option! (But will be happy with whatever.)

4. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I had a completely smooth play through overall... I played as the cultist the entire time. I have to say I have seldom beta tested a game that was this well balanced. I love the crafting aspect. This really improved upon your previous games in a phenomenal way :)

5. Valentia

Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    I really loved the crafting, too! It was so cool to be able to create things.

6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

This really means a lot when you are working on something nonstop for 8 months. sometimes it's hard to tell if it's good or bad or whatever. It might be a bit hard to tell from screenshots but I put a ton into this game and pretty much everything has been improved so I'm glad you see the improvement. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoy the final tweeks I added for release. I will be sending out 1 more beta for people to test while Apple is reviewing this will be the final version unless any major bugs are found so enjoy!

@val
    As for the leaderboard I went with player kills + player deaths (lower the better) + pets found + level (lower the better when completed)

0 player deaths will get you a ton of points and it scales from there. All pets found gets a ton of points and it scales from there. I added a few pets to the game for the final version.

Achievements were planned but won't be making it in this version it's just a bit complicated and I want to make the feb 18th release date so it's going to be cut til next update I think.

7. Valentia

Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    It sounds great, and I am really looking forward to seeing how well I can do! :)

8. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #128 Touchmint, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    Hoping to submit today just redoing the icon I could use some feedback if you guys dont mind.

[​IMG]

9. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I like icon number 3

10. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    I like number 1

11. Valentia

Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    #131 Valentia, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    I think #2 "pops" the most. But I think 3 is prettiest. I know, big help, huh? :p

12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Pretty much everyone was all over the board so I ended up creating a new one that tooks some of my fav features from them all. I also liked 3 the most but there are soooo many blue icons on the top of the role-playing and adventure games it didnt make sense to go with that one.

I just put the final beta out it has the new icon in it =)

13. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
  14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Glad to hear. If you happen to stumble on to any bugs or anything let me know. There were some voiceover bugs so I'm going to have to reject and submit a new version. Im not doing it until later tonight just in case anything else pops up. Hopefully I only have to do this once haha.

15. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thanks for the title change!

Just been working on screenshots and the promo video today. Lots of boring design work haha. I'll post some screens when I finish them up. I'm looking for a service that will resize everything for me so I don't have to mess around in gimp.

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This game is gonna be so awesome!
    Great work and I enjoy keeping up w all the posts.

17. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thanks! I am so excited to get this launched and hear what people think! 8 months is a long time to be working on something with limited feedback.

18. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys just working on the promo screens: Still keeping with the adventure to fate theme but a little bolder and hopefully more futuristic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next I am working on putting together the apple promo video and then a trailer. Lots to do and not much time!

19. Valentia

Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Fantastic! It's wonderful to see how close it is to release! Very exciting!

20. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thanks! Your support has been awesome! When you spend 8 months on a game building it and playing it over and over your judgement gets a little skewed. It's nice to have feedback and even better to have good feedback!