Universal Adventure To Fate : Quest To The Future JRPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Touchmint, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    #181 ashmike3, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    I went with the ranger class and I'm working the poison skills. Started with the bug as a pet but soon found a spider, which fits with my poison theme. Working well. Enemies are pretty varied. There seems to be multiple ways to move between map areas. Having a good time so far. Easy to pick up and play in short or long sessions as the game appears to save wherever I am when I exit. Nice take on jrpg. The equipment management took a second to click, but it makes sense now. Looks like my profession only allows for armor crafting, should be a good money maker.

2. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Is there a way to disable the tips? I liked them initially but now I'm feeling more veteran and I'd like to remove.

3. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea the Ranger class is pretty fun and gets more powerful as you go since when using the ranger your pets passive bonus is doubled so keep an eye on that.

As for the enemies being varied I wanted to make sure it wasnt too repetitive so I added some fun functions to monsters like Taunt (meaning you have to attack that one first). Deathspawn (meaning when they die they have a chance to spawn another monster), Confuse (meaning the monster has a chance to hit himself or another monster) and Reflect (when hit they deal damage). Youll also notice monsters can die from poison and curse damage instead of just going down to 1 hp.

I wanted the game to feel a bit more open compared to the square dungeon feel of A Quest To The Core so the floors often connect to 3 or 4 other floors so there is a but more exploration involved.

You are right the game actually auto saves after every action so no need to worry about that.

Do you mind me asking what was confusing about the inventory? Maybe its something I can fix in the next update.

Leather worker is a great starting profession you will have the best armor pieces in the game which is helpful always.

As for the game tips those are just there instead of a loading screen I could remove them but you would still have to wait for the battle to start also as you get higher level youll get some different tips that will help later in the game.

4. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    In regards to inventory, I was just expecting/ looking for a view of my character where I choose which slot the item goes. Left hand, right hand, head etc..Currently the equipped items are just placed in a separate inventory slot area.

5. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Getting challenged ( a good thing) on murderers row. Need to be more selective with my active potions. I'll grind some again for level. Still early in the game but taking my time. Nice work!

6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Yea those bandits and thieves and get a little tough for sure. Using venom tip (ups your poison chance and poison damage) and then mystic arrow (skill that shoots all enemies) is really devastating since you have a good chance of poisoning all the enemies at once. You can really just sit and play defensively while you wait for them to drop like flies from poison damage at that point.

7. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Cool. That's my plan. Got a little lost in the sewers when I died, but now I know the way. Haven't gotten too far yet, but I'm taking my time. Level 10 so far. How many levels? I think I will want to try the other classes after ranger finishes. Love the taunt/ reflect and such. Nice touch

8. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    You can get up to level 27 but I may take that higher in future expansions.

If you like reflect damage Druids are the way to go with skills, items and certain pets they deal over 100 reflect damage at max level.

If you are more of a fan of confusing th enemies so they attack themselves the cultist is great for that.

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey guys, this game is really great, can't unplug from it!

so, it is the natural follow up of the two previous ATF, but we have a better roguelike experience now, and better dungeons too, specially on the design... and the music is really wonderful... i'm loving it so much!

10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #190 Touchmint, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Yea I really wanted to make the world exploration more exciting this time. Like I said before the map is a lot more open and there are tons of treasures to search for all over the world map. Instead of just running into battles you'll find items, materials, keys, gold, pets, traps etc while exploring.

With all that said this game is double the size of Quest To The Core room wise and those rooms are full of the goodies mentioned above.

There's also quite a bit more music (zones and battles) and much longer loops so it doesn't get so annoying over 8 hours of playtime haha.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Want this but cant find this... Out yet?

12. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    March 3rd I believe. Touchmint gave out some promo codes.

13. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
  14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #194 Touchmint, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Hey guys since there are 6 more days left until Adventure To Fate launches I wanted to do a preview of each class for the next 6 days.

Today I will start with the Mercenary. The mercenary is the only heavy armor and weapon class in adventure to fate (at the moment) and focuses on a strong offense and well as defense. The mercenaries trademark skill is raging blow which causes the 3rd consecutive attack to hit for 1.5x damage. This stacks well with some of the later skills which deal over 200 damage alone. The mercenary is perhaps the most powerful class.

Here is a look at their skills:

Fury Smash - A passive skill that causes your third consecutive attack in a row to hit for 1.5x damage.
    Adrenaline Rush - A buffing skill that raises strength and agility at the cost of wisdom.
    Combat Strike - A physical attack with a chance to stun.
    Bloody Strike - A physical attack that leeches HP.
    Fortify - A buffing skill that raises armor : 25 and hp : 100.
    Raging Blow - A strong swinging attack with backlash.
    Intimidate - A debuffing spell that lowers enemy stamina : 1 and strength : 5.
    Earthshatter - A stomping attack that damages all enemies with a chance to stun.
    Staggering Blow - A very powerful attack with a good chance to stun.
    Heroic Might - A buffing skill that raises strength : 10 and stun rounds : 1

As with all the classes you gain a new skill every 3 levels.

Next up tomorrow the cultist.

15. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #195 Touchmint, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    5 days until launch and today is the cultist preview!

Cultist will focus on magical damage as well as confusing their enemies into attacking themselves.

Here is a little look at the skills for the cultist:

Psychic Bolt - A psychic based damaging spell with a chance to confuse.
    Haunt - A debuffing skill that lowers enemy strength and raises fizzle chance.
    Dark Intellect - A buffing spell that increases intelligence while lowering strength and agility.
    Plagued Bolt - A poison based damaging spell.
    Soul Shield - A buffing spell that raises armor and block chance at the cost of life.
    Hellfire - A demonic fire based spell that damages all enemies.
    Confundus - A weak damaging spell with a high chance of confusion.
    Demonic Bolt - A dark damaging spell that also leeches HP.
    Phantom Mist - A thick mist that has a chance to confuse all enemies.
    Grim Chant - A morphing spell that increases HP leech and confuse chance.

Tomorrow I will preview the assassin skills.

16. ALWH1588

ALWH1588 Member

May 7, 2014
    So will this be like the first adventure to fate with exploring or just battles like the second? Also what is the strongest character to play?

17. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Haha you should know. It will be like Adventure To Fate : A Quest To The Core in that it will have exploration as well as battles. This world is about twice as big as quest to the core and on top of that the rooms are full of goodies to find like items, pets, materials, gold, traps, etc.

Well I'd say the mutant if played right because of its high reflect damage but there still is some strategy to it. I have a blind gamer who has beat the game without a death already which is amazing considering I built the game and have not beat it without dieing haha.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I was one of the few who really prefered the first's exploration over Battle Arena, so im really amped this has that. Really cant wait to play this!

19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

so you'll love it EP, it's like A Quest to the Core but much bigger, it's really good... and the music is wonderful imho.

20. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    i will be on board to support my fellow Phoenician. Instabuy!