Universal Adventure To Fate : Quest To The Future JRPG (by TouchMint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    update is available!

2. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    #162 Retro Nug, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    lol! nah nah...I meant the stuff I earned in the last game. The second one you released.

btw...is it possible to pick your race in this game? I haven't noticed the option during the create a character process.

3. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    HP works with that formula as well. having high hp and sp recovery really saves you gold on potions and healing costs.

Questlord is a great game by a great Dev I love games like those (undercoft is prob my fav game) if I had better art skills I'd love to make a game like that.

4. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Yeee update is out! Those are some very nice looking changes and extra content.

Be sure to REVIEW it on the app store, as it helps games get exposure.

5. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Thanks! It really sucks apple deletes all the games reviews when I update since it's so hard to get them.

For those of you who have time rating/review really really helps the games visibility!!!

6. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

great update!

sadly the inventory issue is still there :(

7. punksushi

punksushi Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Need Help

Does anyone know how to beat the 3 living lava fight with mercenary? I have 700 HP with the buff and they nuke me down in the first turn. I tried getting all the WIS I can on my gear, but its still low because merc's base WIS is too low. I can't land stuns due to their super high dodge and resist. And oh look! they revive. I really can't do anything but chug HP pots and get off an attack every once in a while, which they dodge/resist most of the time anyways. My merc is out of cash, out of pots due to this :(
    Speaking of which, can we delete characters please? I have a bunch of low levels and I hate scrolling through the list to get to my main. Can we also get a healing node/vault in earth core? There is no reason why there shouldn't be one. The update said all areas would have one, but its not true. I saw a time guardian class in the update notes, but don't see it at the character selection. Future implementation I'm guessing?

8. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I had trouble with the living lavas with my Merc too. I equipped 2 Bands of Resistance for 5 wisdom each and a Pendant of Hope for 2 wisdom. I also equipped a robe that had 2 wisdom (can't remember the name) but I don't think it's necessary. Then I used a potion that gave me a buff of 5 wisdom. I think I ended up with around 25 wisdom and that was enough to get by them. You'll resist attacks at a higher rate. Still wasn't easy though. Good luck.

9. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    #169 Lickzy, Mar 19, 2016
    I like the delete character suggestion. I have several high level characters of the same class that I would never use again and would appreciate shortening my list.

As for the Time Guardian, it's currently being tested and I am going to try it out later this weekend and provide feedback/impressions on the forum. He is pretty cool looking and fortunately wears Heavy Armor which adds more use to The Armorer profession.

Lastly, I will post screens of all the pet locations for those who haven't found them all and want to acquire one of the new pets by finding all 11 in a single play through.

10. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #170 Solarclipse, Mar 19, 2016
    I just figured out a couple things.

1) delete by swiping on the character selection screen. It's there but the detection is...I don't know, not what I am used to because I assumed it wasn't there after a few tries.. Then i determined it MUST be there and I eventually got it.

2) I thought I needed to weapon smith for each class but there is an all classes button! I got confused when my mutant weapon smith was making a blade and not a hammer, because the weapon smith icon for the mutant is a hammer. Because the weapon smith icon changed for each class I assumed they were unique...which is great...I was not happy about the idea of having to double each class to maximize.

3) the time guardian seems interesting but I've only gotten him to level five. More balanced, SP is about equal to HP. Not much game time for me the rest of the weekend though.

4) the new update doesn't have the chest in each area # next time around I hope! I do notice that the map portals will eventually take you back to start. Except in the infinity realm—that portal doesn't work.

11. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Ugh back to the drawing board I guess! I played all the way through on a 4s and didn't get it but noticed it was looping a bit slower there. I'll adjust it again sorry it's just hard to narrow down when I can't reproduce :/

12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thanks for sharing these notes these are great tips.

The game is built with all standard controls so things like delete work like a regular iOS app just swipe and delete. Careful there is no confirmation after you swipe then hit delete.

Yes also the weapon smith can make weapons for each class just hit the show all button! It's normally hidden because I don't want new players making weapons they can't use or are not good for them.

Time guardian is going to be pretty strong I already see a few things I gotta nerf after my first play through but please let me know what you think I'm kind of blind on balance since I created it haha.

The new update does have chests in all the towns as well as a few more items to find and a few less encounters but only if you create and play as a NEW character. I can't overwrite your old game files only create new ones. The reason it takes a bit to load characters is because it writes the whole world from an excel file to the game database when you make that new character. Otherwise things like opened doors killed monsters etc would be the same on each character.

13. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

yeah i know... sorry if i can't help you, but i don't know when it started.

14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea it's a bummer it's like I'm glad it doesn't seem to be affecting anyone else but at the same time that limits the info I can get on it since I only have one example. I will keep messing with some things and try to find a 4 to play through with so I could try to reproduce.

15. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Then I guess we can all be thankful you don't have better art skills! There are a lot of first-person CRPGs to pick from, but AtF is something really unique.

The update is GREAT -- the door markers are fantastic.

Thanks!

16. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thanks! And yea the art skills are lacking but hopefully for my next game I'll have a bit more cash to hire it out haha.

Yea the door markers were much needed but I struggled with how to implement without making the game look super ugly. At one point I had green exclamation marks (it was bad news haha).

17. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Maybe it is just me but I have a hell of a time uploading pics to the forums here is my iPad Mini 4 or my iPhone 6S. As a result, I can't post the locations of all the pets but if you're struggling find one, inbox me and I will do my best.

As mentioned, there are 2 discoverable pets per zone and 3 in the final zone.
    3 starting pets
    3 unlockable pets
    - 1 for beating the game
    - 1 for beating the game with no deaths
    - 1 for collecting all discoverable pets in a single play through

Total pets : 17

18. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Yeah it won't work on the iOS app at all now, but you can do it from a desktop.

I wonder if there is a wiki page for the game up. Where's appunwrapper? #

19. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    #179 Lickzy, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    I'd be all over contributing to that. I genuinely hope this game gets the traction it deserves. So many opportunities to expand this game and make it even more unbelievable.

Imagine A PVP battle arena?
    The incorporation of the battle arena from the previous game that gets unlocked when you beat the game?
    Different races?
    More unlockable pets, items and crafting recipes?

I hope this game continues to grow and gets supported for years to come, however, I understand it's an investment of time on your part which should be compensated!!!

SPREAD THE WORD AND LEAVE YOUR REVIEWS ON THE APPSTORE!!!

I still only see mine and one other :(

20. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    The other one is mine. I think some people don't know how easy it is to leave a review if you've already left a review for a previous version. When you click Write a Review your old review pops up and you just have to submit it. Just a few button pushes unless you want to change something.