Universal Adventure To Fate : Quest To The Future JRPG (by TouchMint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 2, 2016.

1. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Quick question, and probably a stupid one... but what is the formula for SP regained AFTER a battle? I can see how much I regain a turn, but I just don't know how much I'll have by the time the next battle begins.

2. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Priestess with Jewel Crafting. Loaded her up with gear from my cultists who was a tailor. Totally OP. If the Mercenary is supposed to be even more OP it must be game breaking.

3. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

It's nice to see that tactics matter so much because I have some people who have struggled to even beat the main game with priestess let a lone beat the frost lord and crew.

Used right the mercenary should be the strongest. That 3rd consecutive hit doubled can be fearsome.

4. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    So I just beat the game with zero deaths... No special rewards? No nothing?

Secondly, is there a way to get a list of all the pets @Touchmint? A pm would be fine too as to not spoil anything.

Thanks

5. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Was going to warn you about this! Once this update hits and you beat the game no deaths you will get rewarded with the new dechanted pet. unfortunately I am not tracking it right now so for it to count youll have to beat it with no deaths once the update is in to get the pet.

I am sorry about that but since you accomplished that feat I will send you a code so you can play and test the Time Guardian early =).

As for the pets youll find 2 in each zone plus 3 in the final zone. I will post the list a bit later I dont have it with me right now.

6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey sorry I missed this earlier here is the formula

cSPTemp = cSPTemp + (regainRateSP * 5) + ([character.cSPTotal intValue] / 8);

So basically your (SP Regain Rate * 5) + (Total SP / 8)

7. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    #147 Lickzy, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    Damn... Guess I will have to wait. The code would be awesome though, I can't wait for my next

Is there an ETA on the next update!? Did you manage to submit?

8. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    [​IMG]

Here are the update notes:

***Additions***

Pets:
    New Enchanted pet
    *Skill: Refresh - healing spell
    *Skill: Bless - buffing spell for int and str
    *Passive Skill: Flurry Flight - agility buffing
    New Dechanted pet
    *Skill: Hellfire : aoe fire spell
    *Skill: Haunt : debuff lowers str and raises fizzle chance.
    *Passive Skill: Critical Recovery - hp and sp recovery buffing
    -Add option to see all pets in character creator even if they are not unlocked.
    -Add text explaining what you need to do to unlock pets.

Movement:
    -Location Indicators: Added indicators (darken corners) to connecting rooms so players know what rooms lead to others.
    -Add to the library and battle tips how the dark corners let you know you can move to a new room.

Game Center:
    -Make it so your gamecenter score is added after each boss zone (rather than just at the end of the game)
    -Changed scoring on game center so players know what class has the high score. (these digits will be added to the end of the score when a player adds a new score)
    1 Mercenary
    2 Cultist
    3 Assassin
    4 Priestess
    5 Mutant
    6 Ranger
    7 Time Guardian

Skills:
    Added 15 new skills to the game.
    Added a ton more info on skills.
    -Now all skills should say stun, confuse, poison chance percent on them. (example - chance to poison : 50)
    -Amount modifiers for buffing and debuffing skills.

Vaults:
    -Vaults unlocked when players start the game (Instead of after beating the game)
    -Added vaults to all zones instead of just the sewers and infinity arena
    -Vaults now autosort

Items:
    Added some new items to find while searching in the first 3 zones.

Voice Over:
    -Added button on start screen that contains an alert that gives steps to create your character and enter the world.

-Added an alert that auto pops up when you first enter the world and if you hit help in the menu that describes everything else to get to the 5th floor.

***Adjustments***

Game Center:
    -If you are 4 levels higher than a monster you don't get a monster kill credit for killing it
    When dieing to a trap you no longer get a player death.

Skills:
    -Added more damage and higher stun chance to priestess skill: rapture
    -Added more damage and confuse chance to ranger skill: erupting arrow
    -Added more stun chance to assassin skill: wild strike

Zones:
    -Removed some monsters from starting zones so its less grindy and more exploring.
    -Removed respawn from most monsters in the crypt maze so its not so annoying

Crafting Materials
    -When in the infinity arena your material rewards are now based on the first monster you face in the battle instead of being based on what zone you are in (which used to default to the core area).

***Bug Fixes***

Pets:
    -Fixed mimic pet bug where your player would use mimic as its first attack if you pet killed with mimic.
    -fixed bug where pet image wasn't showing on pet info in character creator

NPCs:
    -Fixed dechanted npc in infinity arena from crashing when he cast spell all.

Skills:
    -Fixed camo buff from sticking because of pet buff.

Voice Over:
    -Fixed voiceover bug for movement when you were able to move 2 squares.
    -Fixed voiceover bug when selecting / getting an item to view it no longer reads the image name on the picture button.

Other:
    -fix combat log for 3.5inch screen its cut off (no longer displaying off the screen)
    -fix inventory bug for a 4s? items going away when selling deleting or destroying an item? Cleaned up sorting code should be quicker as well.
    -fixed typo on character creator where mutant was called druid.

And here are the remaining promo codes =)
    4E3W33W6J6M7
    TRYKLFRH4R7E
    J3KEHP9J4F9H

9. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Looks great! Thanks Touchmint... You mentioned giving me a code, can I still have one?

Secondly, what do you do with the codes and where do you input them?

Thaaaaanks!

10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    @lickzy

I will pm you with details on how to unlock the Time Guardian once the update hits on Friday.

Those other code I posted are for people to download the game for free. You input them on the app store at the bottom where the redeem button is.

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

hey pal, this game is WONDERFUL, thanks for keeping it updated... i see in the list a "probable" fix for my inventory issue, hope it works!

12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thanks! Yea there are a ton of fixes in here as well as some new content that should hold people over until I can get the new class Time Guardian all tested and balanced.

13. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    It's Friday... Is the update Still coming today?!

14. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I was wondering the same thing. I thought it was kind of ballsy to say when an app update will hit, because of apples review process. Maybe it's by the end of the day.

I'm curious whether this time guardian will be heavy armor or not, since there is already 3 light and medium armor characters.

15. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea it should launching soon! I'll post when I know it's out for sure.

16. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Thanks! Wow, so... SP Regain is quite a bit more important than I thought.

On an unrelated note, this is a REALLY good game. But when I started to play it, I got a really strong itch to replay an old favorite, QuestLord; although I couldn't put my finger on it, something about Adventure to Fate really just put me in the QuestLord mood, when I hadn't picked it up in over a year. Playing QL, meanwhile, made me want to go back to AtF, as well. I was later reading TA's coverage on QL, specifically the RPG Reload, and I noticed a comment you left about how QL was one of your inspirations when making the first AtF. Well, it really shows through, in the best possible way: the exploration, the attention to detail, the basic fun-ness (??).

Thanks for a great experience.

17. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Agreed. How can one know when it will actually be approved and posted?

I will keep my DJ gets crossed

18. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Surprisingly it went into review and got accepted very fast (while I was still testing a few things). So I needed a day to finalize testing and I set it to launch today it says it's live on the App Store now but iTunes connect has been buggy today so I'm not sure when it will show it should be soon tho.

19. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Well, I picked this up on release day because I enjoyed the other games so much but haven't had much chance to play yet. That changes tonight! I wish I never uninstalled the last two games though because I lost all the stuff I had earned. Like the extra races etc. :(

Oh well! I'm considering starting my first character as a Merc w/armorcrafting or a Cultist w/tailoring. Hmmmmm....

20. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Well you scared the s*** out of me I quickly skimmed that and read it as I uninstalled the game because I lost all the stuff I had earned. I was thinking you were saying the update deleted all your characters and stuff haha.

Anyways thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy it! Post here if you come across any questions or have suggestions for the next update.