Universal Adventure To Fate : Quest To The Future JRPG (by TouchMint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 2, 2016.

1. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I just thought of this after the question about the yeti, but is there a way to pass a turn when you still have some Stam? I ask because there are times I am confused where it hurts more to risk smashing myself, even with a normal attack, than just waiting it out. Plus I still can't see the bottoms of my screen so idk if I'm missing something lol

2. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

There is no way to skip a turn but that's where some tactic comes in. I try to use potions or buff when confused since it does not affect that. Aoe spells are also good to use when confused because they always hit all enemies.

Also hoping to have that combat log for smaller devices fixed this update.

3. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Ok awesome thanks for response! I guess it's just a little difficult at level nineteen or so with the assassin just because aside from one cast per battle spells he mostly has damaging attacks. But as you said, there are ways to not do so like potions, but I expect more possibilities later on, or at least some options. One more reason to keep on keepin on :)

4. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Congrats on completing it! You'll notice you unlocked the vault as well as a new pet too.

I see you on the Game Center score board now. Sorry about the lava rooms they are a little tough not knowing where to go huh. I might change it so trap deaths don't count.

I'm sure the living lavas annoyed you a bit too haha.

I'm interested to know what strategy and pet you used to beat those bosses.

5. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey jsrco sorry I missed this yesterday. Stats are set for all items are set but there are around 500 items currently in the game (so quite a bit of variety!).

6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    If any of you are interested I am going to be doing a live interview on recharged tv (a mobcrush segment) on Monday 8-9pm est.

Im not super sure what to expect but I am assuming they are going to be asking me about the game and development process so if you want to know more check it out here is their mobcrush channel.

https://www.mobcrush.com/rechargedtv

Im also going to be testing the new class here and there today and figured i would stream it so heres where I will be on and off if you want to check it out.

https://www.mobcrush.com/touchmint

7. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Adventure to Fate is terrific. It's a great evolution from the last arena-based game. Keep up the good work, Touchmint.

8. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    In short "Fun!"

Impressions as promised (better call them dislikes):

1. I am not quite sure I like the control scheme. There is a virtual d-pad for movement, but it just does the movement thing, but there is no button for searching so I am not sure why in the 'verse I am going to use the d-pad! I can touch the map to do everything

2. I always step into what seemingly an empty tile, and suddenly get "teleported" to another map and there is no way to return to the previous one. No indication of where the "exit" is.

3. Sometime no indication that bluff has been applied successfully(?) onto a target

4. Text too small (even on my 6s)

5. Cannot cast bluff by my pet (there must be a reason I may have overlooked)

Again, it is lighthearted and fun!

9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thanks so much for the feedback and being honest! these are exactly the things I need to know so I can improve the game!! I will be responding to the above in bold.

Again thanks for the feedback and if you have anymore let me know I am planning on submitting the update tomorrow if all goes well.

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Let me add that if I could possibly turn off the hint text at the text just before entering battle.

Thanks.

11. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    This.

12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    While it could be turned off you still would have to wait that 2seconds for the battle to completely load so I dont see much point in turning it off unless you just want to stare at a blank screen. =/

I could however try to shorten up the loading time in the next update I see a few things I can cut.

13. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    So are you planning on adding some more levels and character progression, even with no-little new skills? Even with recycled equipment ideas/sprites and no actual skills but just begged up challenges through the already available areas would be awesome. I only recently realized that I am only seven levels away from the cap :(

14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I have plans to do level 27 skills and move the cap to level 30 as well but thats a little bit down the road.

The next update will contain a bunch of bug fixes and overall game improvements as well as some new pets and maybe the new Time Guardian class. I still have a lot of testing to do with the time guardian so it might not make it until the next update but yes i will contuine supporting the game like I did battle arena (think I added 3 classes and 4 races and maybe about 12 skills over 5 updates).

glad you are progressing nicely in the game I really appreciate the support here on the toucharcade forums as well too!

15. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Sorry I missed you and thanks! Battle arena was fun but I really enjoy the exploring in this one even more so since there are things to find along the way!

16. punksushi

punksushi Member

Feb 8, 2012
    I think erupting arrow needs some love. It's super expensive with 2 stam/75 SP/25 HP cost, does as much damage as a Trueshot which only costs 1 stam and 8 SP, and hardly ever causes the confuse effect. The other status arrows are all 100% chance to cause their status effect. It is just a horrible skill that needs reworking, or maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks for the awesome game, it's my current obsession :p

17. brainbean

brainbean Member

Jul 22, 2012
    I have a similar issue with some of the priestess skills mainly that I find the first damage skill to be the best even at level 26 i think maybe the higher level skills could do a bit more damage or trigger their effects more to justify the higher cost. Just my two cents

I am loving the game though

18. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    This is great feedback and exactly what I need! I am hoping to submit the update by the end of the week so please let me know any other balancing You feel I could do.

I ended up raising the damage about 15% and doubling the confuse chance from 10% to 20%. So it should be the top skill for sure to be using.

Glad you are enjoying it have you tried any other classes?

19. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    So I went ahead and buffed Rapture it should be doing about 15% more damage and the stun chance should be at 50% which is pretty good.

Have you found restore very useful? have you attempted to beat any of the frost npcs in the infinity arena?

Thanks for the feedback and please let me know if you notice anything else!

20. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #100 Lull4by, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Really enjoy this game, here are some thoughts:
    1. There are some typo/wrong informations in the game, such magic recover health amount is based on the int but later it say wisdom in the library.

2. Make skill effect description straightly, for example, ranger's passive skill is to "enhances pet abilities", how about just remain the description, then show the exact effect like "2x pet abilities" in yellow color under the description? same like some skills that have debuff chance, we don't understand if it is worth to place it in the skill board.

3. is the debuff effect/chance equal to the player's ability? some skill like "hit enemy with a chance to stun/absorb Hp".

4. is there any ways to enhance skill effect? such as preist's one skill that can increase both 10 Hp/sp recover amount, will it become more effect like 20? (like skill level, something like it)

maybe some thoughts are impossible to change this time, wish there is a chance to know part of them in your next game, thanks:)