Universal Adventure To Fate : Quest To The Future JRPG (by TouchMint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Thanks! It's a really cool feature even with accessibly it's still pretty hard to play it blows me away a player named Nolly has beaten the game without a single death. I have not even beaten the game without a death and I know what's coming.

You'd think apple would recognize more games that have this but it seems I've failed to make the featured list :/.

2. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    TheAppUniverse is going to be playing Adventure To Fate on mobcrush here soon. He will be playing and I will tell a little about the game and what not for those of you who want a live look at it.

his channel is pretty cool if you have not watched hes also doing a give away tonight in about 45mins.

https://www.mobcrush.com/TheAppUniverse

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    MFi or not, you are having my $. Thanks for the response.

4. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thanks I am excited to see what you think about the game!

5. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey sorry I missed this earlier and that you had to pm me =/ I will reply above ^^^

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i have an annoying issue in the inventory: everytime i sell or equip something, i have other stuff deleted, as you can see in the pics.
    can you fix this?

Attached Files:

7. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I'm really starting to like this game. Just made it to the third portal. Currently using Cultist with the Living Aqua pet. They work well together because some of the cultist spells use HP and the Living Aqua can help regain the HP. It's a good balance. What's everyone else using? I'm already thinking about my second play through.

This has already been mentioned but it would be nice to see where the exit to the next room is instead of just stumbling upon it.

8. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I'm going to pm you with a few suggestions. I've never come across this so I might need some more info.

9. creedofhubris

creedofhubris Active Member

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm having trouble navigating the first dungeon. Merely stepping into random tiles can advance you into a new area, but I can't always figure out how to go back into a room I just came from -- does stepping back on the "entrance" tile that you appeared on in a new room always let you get back to the room you came from? It doesn't seem so. I wanted to head back to HQ to sell stuff but I couldn't figure out how to get there. Is that not possible?

10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Most the time walking back to the square that moved you should take you back but you actually drop down from above in the first area so you'll need to portal back.

Go to your skill book and hit the little green portal icon in the left it will take you to town. Then when you are ready to go back to your last location from which you ported walk back to the green portal square north of the vault and priestess lady

11. slarti88

slarti88 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Freelance software developer
    Wow! This is pretty great. I'd never considered accessibility for low vision players in my games before (considering I'm actually quite myopic myself) which is a bit shameful. I had to buy this, because not only does the game seem great but I'm also curious about how you've made it accessible to players with low/defective vision.

I'm going to keep this in mind for my games in the future. You sir are an inspiration! :D

12. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Aside of a map or some idication of which way you can go to another screen, I am loving it.

Do the professions ever allow you create gear with diffrent stats?

13. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Great to hear you are loving it!

With professions you can create the best gear in the game! Better than shops and usually better than bosses.

With the vault you can transfer gear you make to different characters you have made. The vault is set to unlock after you complete the game but I'm going to change that next update so you can use it right away.

14. creedofhubris

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm having a really hard time with the Yeti boss fight. Cultist, aqua pet. The Yeti Warlock keeps hitting me with a confuse effect, and the big Yeti puts out a ridiculous amount of damage. With the confuse effect out I can't really dish out damage without killing myself, so I have to sit and drink potions. Eventually the big Yeti smashes me to pudding.

15. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    So does gear have random stats then and if so is the profession gear random or fixed stats?

16. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    The Yeti Boss fight is one of the hardest in the game for sure!

You are going to want to use a better pet than the starting pet if you want to have a chance. I suggest using either the Deficient Bot or the Mindless Walker (both can be found in the Frozen Wastelands zone). The Deficient bot is great because it has a 2 round stun attack and does some great damage.

Another thing that will help is making use of the robot oils you have found they give an extra stam at the cost of some minor stats.

Let me know if you have any questions I will be keeping an eye on this forum.

17. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #77 RHess00, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    I just beat the yeti boss with the robot pet and a little luck. I started off stunning the bottom yeti and taking him out as quick as possible then stunning the middle one. After that I killed the warlock so he wouldn't confuse me. Then while I was attacking the big yeti I was lucky enough to confuse him and he killed himself. I used all my potions and had about 40 HP left. Toughest fight by far in the game to this point. I'm a level 21 Cultist by the way.

18. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

i'm there too, so i'll try with the robot this time... finger crossed.

19. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea voiceover is great and the community over at audiogames.net are awesome. They really helped build this game. I had one friend over there who sent me over 300 messages while helping me test and shape the game. Hes listed as a content developer in the credits because he was so helpful.

The one thing about voiceover is it does not work with any game builders that I know of. I had to build the game engine from scratch for it to work with voiceover so it is a bit more work but worth it!

20. creedofhubris

Aug 15, 2011
    Made it through. The last two battles were pretty hairy, and basically impossible to blast through with my L25 cultist until I changed strategy completely. Very satisfying to finally make it through.

I was unhappy that apparently the seemingly-impossible-to-avoid-unless-you've-played-before deaths (did I miss a clue somewhere?) count against you in the final scoring. That seemed pretty cheesy.