Universal Adventure To Fate : Quest To The Future JRPG (by TouchMint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Lol I certainly did not. I just wrote another review.

As an aside the Time Guardian is AMAZING... albeit over powered.

I decked him out in gear from previous playthroughs to beef him up a tad (as most players would) and I am halfway through my 5th or 6th Playthrough. Unfortunately he will probably be nerfed as with the Alchemist profession he would be even more OP

Spoilers!
    He possesses a variety of amazing abilities, including a zero Stamina Heal, 1 stamina AoE stun, a +3 buff to core stats and so much more.

I can't wait to see what the final load out on him looks like.

@Touchmint, I will PM you later as I have some questions about end game gear as I am not sure I have the best stuff yet and want to know what I am missing.

2. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Beat the game! Woooo! A great experience.

Looking back on the thread, I noticed a lot of talk about pets... honestly, although I used the deficient bot on the final boss, I pretty much never had a reason to use anyone other than Liquid Aqua throughout, until I got Liquid Lava. Aqua's healing is just too good to pass up, but Lava's passive skill somewhat makes up for it.

I appreciate how many different ways this game can be played. My strategy focused almost purely on raising my SP and HP regain, after TouchMint's info, and then just wailing on enemies with my most OP special abilities.

Is there some general idea of the easiest classes to the hardest? I played as Assassin, and can't imagine going without Sneak. Even so, I've seen mention of Merc as the most powerful, which is just hard to imagine being better than Assassin.

3. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Pretty sure I got adventure to fate banned from wiki seeing as I posted game info myself and couldn't figure out why it kept getting deleted so kept reposting it. Turns out if you make a game you can't post info about it yourself.

It's prob a better idea to do one of those wikia since they are kind of made for games. I registered an account but have not had time to look at it figure it out and get it started. I will try to make some time tonight to do all that.

You can post screenshots on here from mobile but you can't use the app and it's only like 1 at a time so your better off on a real computer or like Firefox chrome or opera if you are on a phone.

4. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

I'm seriously looking into some type of pvp battle system. I've heard you can do simple multiplayer with game center but again I just have not had time to check it out much.

I might be making a free battle arena version of this game a bit down the road but I still want to add a few classes and add some more content to this before I move on.

Thanks for all the support you and the others posting here are really driving the game. As long as there is interest by players I'll keep updating and making the game better best I can! After spending a year or so making the game it's so nice to see people enjoying it so much.

5. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I've finished the game with the Merc, the Cultist, and the Ranger. Out of the three the Cultist was easiest followed by the Ranger and the Merc. I like the cultist because of all the status effects he can dish out. My problem with the Merc is his low wisdom makes it difficult to defend against multiple magic enemies. I've just started over with the Assasin so I'll see how he stacks up.

If you like Sneak, the ranger has a similar skill called Camouflage. You don't start with it but you get it fairly early on.

6. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    First off, Congratulations! The first win is the most enjoyable. Now you can give it a whirl with some different classes and find out which class you like best.

I have 3 cultist playthroughs and so far I find it the "quickest". Being able to hand down gear from previous playthroughs helps facilitate that and the fact you do so much damage lets your roll through things.

Based off my own experience, I'd have to say an alchemist priest. The ability to self heal is huge and then just load up on SP gear and potions and you're virtually unkillable. I beat all arena bosses using a priestess who didn't even have the best gear (lacking weapon and offhand) and wasn't an alchemist. I believe with the best gear and profession it would really be easy mode.

Almost done my Time Guardian Playthrough, will post final commentary in a wee bit.

7. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Is it possible to choose a race when creating characters?

8. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Someone mentioned the living aqua as a rear pet, but I think it is pretty useless compared to the reptoid, which has heal AND mimic, which is very versatile. I found he aqua's damage output embarrassing and its heal no better than the reptoid.

It would be nice to see pets get an extra stamina too. Maybe every 10 or 15 levels :) especially with a mimic, there are many skills it can't use because they take more than one stamina.

Having the vault in each zone is great, but without a fast way to exit to the main menu I have to close the app to switch to another player. Something for the next update, pretty please?

I like that the mutant uses medium armor but heavy weapons. Makes for an interesting character and I think any new additions you make would definitely be fun to play with that. Would be best to see a robot (lol a terminator? Or maybe a r2-d2 type), a technomancer, or a scientist (explosives!), maybe a shapeshifter, a swamp thing...fun to think of the possibilities...I think there is room to explore the whole future age thing here. Maybe you have to fight your future self for some reason...lol, I could totally geek out on this kind of stuff.

9. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    It would be nice if all skills scaled with level, as right now certain ones drop off and become useless later in the game.

For example, the Mutated Fly that you can start with knows Reflective Aura. It boosts damage reflect by 4, and never scales. That's useful in the sewers where you start but it's pretty useless beyond that.

On the other hand, Living Aqua knows a healing spell that does scale with level. There isn't much reason to pick Mutated Fly when one of his skills stops being useful right away while Living Aqua's doesn't.

10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Hey sorry I missed you before there are no races in this adventure to fate. Pets took their place on the character creator (and database) so that feature took a back seat. If I end up doing a battle arena of this game they will be back =).

11. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea he is a bit strong I think I'm going to up the sp costs on a few things and take a look at the stun chances it has. Nolly over at audio games suggested a dot skill which might be kind of cool something like time drain or something idk. Let me know if you have any suggestions as well you know the classes pretty well by now.

12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Assassin is strong but I wouldn't say the strongest. It might hit the hardest with assassinate tho :). I would say mutant with all its reflect damage or merc with its stuns and Stam removal on npcs would be the strongest.

13. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I actually did this somewhat by design on pets because I want you to try and make use of new pets from each zone. At you noted each have their benefits but I feel like I did a pretty good job balancing them out.

14. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Thanks for the input, everyone! I want to play once or twice more with crafting classes before I go alchemist... but I didn't actually seem to use potions very much. Either I was able to crush an enemy, or no amount of potions would help; there didn't seem to be much middle ground :D

I think I might try Ranger, to get camoflauge, then! Sneak was just amazing, and it would really hurt to go without.

Assassinate was nice, but I actually swapped it out with the skill that reduces tbe enemy's stamina. THAT saved my life, many a time.

But that's what I mean: there just seem to be SO MANY ways to play this game, and they're all viable. That's just genius.

15. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea the assassin gets a pretty big Stam advantage using sneak and then taking away a Stam also. I feel like I balanced the game pretty well seeing a lot of people have different opinions on which is the "strongest" class.

If you liked the assassin a lot you should like the ranger too. The Rangers has a bit more poisoning skills but also has some nice stuns and a recently boosted confuse skill.

I still think Mutant is my fav to play tho just bc if all the fun reflect damage!

16. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys sorry for the delay been working on the new class and I think I have it finalized as well as a few new pets too!

Hoping to submit the update early next week! Thanks everyone for the support!

17. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Can't hardly wait!

Will the pets be discoverable or do they need to be unlocked?

18. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Again sorry about the delay but I've had to take up a few freelance projects (wish only game Dev could pay the bills haha).

Anyways I submitted the update last night after some final testing of the New Time Guardian class and the new starting pet.

I have it set to launch on Friday but that's only if Apples review goes quickly. Anyways I'll be posting more details as launch gets closer. Thanks for the support guys!

19. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Good news the update just went into review so should be making its launch at midnight tonight!

20. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update should be live now here are the update notes (feel free to ask any questions)

[​IMG]

NEW Time Guardian Class Is HERE!

►New Class: Time Guardian - Use their manipulation of time to destroy enemies.
    ►New Pet: Fruit Bat - Focuses on HP Leeching Skills & Confusion
    ►Tons of other improvements and additions!

***Additions***

Classes:
    ►Time Guardian Class
    *Passive Skill: Retribution - A passive skill that causes your third consecutive attack to heal as well as deal damage.
    *Skill: Chrono Strike - A physical attack with a chance to stun: 10 the enemy in time.
    *Skill: Aegis - A buffing skill that raises block chance : 15.
    *Skill: Guardians Aura - A buffing spell that raises all main stats : 3.
    *Skill: Mend - A minor healing spell that uses no stamina.
    *Skill: Time Rift - A static rift that stalls time with a chance to stun : 25 enemies in the area.
    *Skill: Avenge - A skill that deals damage equal to the amount last dealt to you.
    *Skill: Fortitude - A buffing spell that raises HP : 200.
    *Skill: Infinity Strike - A very powerful attack with a chance to confuse : 25.
    *Skill: Regeneration - A buffing spell that raises HP and SP recovery : 50.

Pets:
    ►Fruit Bat Pet
    *Skill: Leech - leech hp for your character
    *Skill: Confuse - confuse your enemies so they attack themselves!
    *Passive Skill: Life Leeching - adds to your characters HP leeching stat.

***Adjustments***

►Game Center scores should now report after every boss (instead of only the final boss). Now you will know where you stand in rankings before the end of the game!
    ►Character creation box is now wider so its not cutting off time guardian title
    ►Boosted pet SP on all pets by 5 (they should be a little easier to use when you acquire them).

***Bug Fixes***

►Fixed Lucky Feather was missing its image.
    ►Grim Chant (Cultist level 24 spell) is now working as intended and adds to players HP Leech amount.
    ►Enchanted Pet now correctly says your Agility is boosted (instead of HP & SP recovery).