Universal Adventure To Fate - Dungeons [Dev Blog]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Touchmint, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    The update has been approved by apple and should be live.

changes improvements include:

to see all these features you’ll need to make a new character

now you can find skillbooks that give a choice of 3 skills (a bit more strategy and diversity in character builds)

polished up some of the world view to be more interesting

added about 10 new skills and slightly modified some for balance reasons.

No more exp or guild loss on death to make progression easier.

Going to open up testing to another round of people post here or pm me if you are interested.

if you have beaten the testing please fill out and email your testing feedback. Email or pm me here.

ste86uk likes this.
  2. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys sorry about lack of replies. Got a lot of feedback from testing I’m sorting through and making changes and tweaks on. Should have that finished up and fixed by midweek. After that it’s further work on the last 2 arenas then polishing it all up. Tweaking for iPad then voiceover fixes.
    Will keep you guys updated. Thanks for the support!

3. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys just wanted to give an update. Ran into and fixed 2 critical bugs that have persisted I guess thought the whole series but wasn’t able to identify and fix til now.

Other than that arena 4 and 5 are pretty much finalized added about 5 new monsters and 2 new pets to spice things up a bit.

gameplan from here is to finalize arena 4 and 5 (the final ones).

from there the core game is complete.

Next on the list is fix up writing issues. Develop and incorporate story.

optional things may be done in an update (endless arena , hardcore / dungeon mode only 1 death)

need to figure out the order from there but likely.

polishing up on iPad
    Reintroduce ads/Iap side of things
    Finalize for voice over.

marketing / release.

will update a bit more since things are coming together a bit faster now.

4. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Working on the final arena polishing and tweaking as I play through with a few classes.

revamped savages main skills to be a bit more exciting and more of a gamble. Devour and consume skills not only restore full amount of hp you hit for but also restore stam used. This can really make battles exciting and involves some strategy when you want to gamble and use these skills. If you don’t kill the enemy it’s not worth using the skill but if you do it really pays off.

Here is a little preview from the final arena with some new npcs and skills.

BD9E0530-1939-45AD-A52E-95B101171188.png

5. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Just wanted to give a little update. Have officially wrapped up all levels of the game as well as Initial testing and tweaking.

from here looking at polishing up interface on iPhone and iPad. Once the interface and design is good I need to add back in and figure out ads / iap. Once that’s all complete I’ll likely do a final testing while I work on voice over support.

Still need to update the website and create promo videos etc as well but that shouldn’t be too bad.

looking at a early April final testflight testing and if all goes well late April release.

6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Just a little update. I made some good progress on voiceover and it looks like it’s not going to take as long as expected to get that all into shape.

What I’ll be doing now is fixing up for iPad as well as a few more minor things for voiceover and hopefully will have final testing ready within about 7-10 days.

I’ll work on ads and iap while final testing is taking place and hopefully can have that wrapped up then work on bugs found and go from there. At this point release is looking like late April maybe early May.

AltsKev likes this.
  7. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    The weekend went well. Doing mostly voiceover fixes and work so the guys over at audio games.net can help with some testing specifications for voiceover. I’m no master of voiceover so they are a great help.
    As I told them things are coming along nice doing final voiceover fixes and then on to iPad stuff later this week.

8. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #68 Touchmint, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Ive submitted hopefully a final beta build to apple tonight. This is quite a bit of fixes changes content and has 6 classes unlocked for focused testing. This testing is mostly directed at voiceover users however if it looks like you were active in testing here I will be sending out another invite for some more indepth final testing. If you dont receive an email but want to keep testing send me a direct message on here and will get you added back.

9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Just wanted to give an update here that things are going well with voiceover testing and I’m still on pace for an early may release. After I get everything finalized on voiceover I’ll do 1 final testing with iPads and Mac m1 included and go from there. Thanks for the support guys.

10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Finishing up most of my voiceover changes and getting iPad design fixes all sorted out. Game is pretty much complete at this point. Small tweaks and and writing mostly left.

11. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Things are getting very close. Finished up leaderboards last night and deal with with iap and ads tonight (not that fun but as always game will be very very light on these aspects!)

12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    just finalizing some testing on the ipad as well as testing with iap and ads. hopefully about 1 more week of this then submitting to Apple. things are getting close.

AltsKev and ThirdMoon like this.
  13. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys sorry for the delay I’m working hard at the game lots of important things to test over and over to make sure it’s right. I’m planning on putting the final test out in the next few days and testing hard over the weekend with the audiogames crew and some close friends then submitting if all is good.

The next test will cover iPads as well as iap and ads. You can do the iap but I will need to give out dummy accounts to do the purchases these purchases will not cost anything but will not stay after the real game is released.

Thanks for your time guys I’m working very hard to get this done ASAP!

once again toucharcade and audio games will get special codes to unlock some classes for free.

14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Not much news here just polishing up some design and writing things while final test takes place. Looking at submitting to Apple next weekend. Then release at the end of month. Things are getting close thanks for all the support here are a few redesigned views while we wait.

133ACFE5-52E8-43A6-8555-FC1B8F825261.png D61F2D10-71C4-46F0-A2BB-4B725C230DF0.png 5F2002EA-A042-4AE9-B522-CB708ABA48E4.png

15. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Ok guys after running into tons and tons of design issues finally submitting (fingers crossed) final build for testing.

what should have taken maybe a day took weeks to redesign the game for full screen and iPad. My code is old objective c and interfaces so updating for iOS 14 and all the new storyboard stuff was a real pain. Battled best I could and things seem ready to go. Submitted the build with a few key testers will hopefully get good feedback and submit the final version next wed (give people time to throughly test).

that very much puts me on pace for a end of the month release. I guess I should do marketing stuff and figure out if people still release on thursdays or how all that works now. Thanks for the support if anyone does have interest in final test feel free to pm I’ll take all the help I can get.

16. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Not much to update final testing is going well. Just a tiny holdup on the voiceover side but I want it to be fully accessible so I need to get all the kinks out.

still on pace for submitting this week.

17. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    Any updates on a release date?

18. ashu

ashu New Member

Jun 4, 2021
    Male
  19. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys just wanted to give you a heads up still in review. Had a little setback with the voiceover side of things and had to rewrite the whole system for them. (Wasn’t that fun) but better than releasing a broke game for a large portion of my audience.

been kind of bummed things got pushed back but shouldn’t be anything to stop it now that it’s been submitted (knock on wood).

likely going to be the 17th. I think people still release on Thursday’s? Honestly have not even had time to mess with all the marketing stuff. Just working on getting code screens videos etc good for apple submission.

once it’s approved and I figure out what day is best to release I’ll post here for sure. Again really sorry about the delay it’s honestly overwhelming trying to relearn all this stuff and knowing one mess up could ruin years of work so I’m taking my time double triple checking stuff etc.

20. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    3rd time is the charm?

After 2 failed reviews I finally got the game approved. Mostly my fault for failing to include the iap for review and not understanding how to implement the consent to track for ads. I don’t track or store any data from players but apparently the ads track stuff to serve more relevant ads?

Either way it’s passed! Yay been a long time coming and filled with many challenges but definitely worth it. Still a lot to do mostly on the marketing side of things.

I’m setting the release date as the 17th so about 8 days from now. Unless something changes and Apple wants to feature me for accessible games which I requested but don’t have my hopes up for haha.

The review process was wayy faster than anytime in the past. I remember my first app about 8 years ago? Baseball stats tracking app. Took about 3 weeks for review then got rejected and then took another week to get a shot at being accepted. This one took 3 days for 3 reviews? Pretty fast.

thank you guys so much for the support, testing help and understanding on my failed deadlines. This forum and the audiogames forums kept pushing me even when I wanted to quit so I really appreciate it and hope you guys enjoy the game.

For those who helped and even those who are loyal toucharcade users I’ll get you guys some promo codes for free gems unlocks etc. the game is free and honesty very easy to unlock stuff just by playing but I guess we can do promo codes for iap too so I’ll be handing those out too.

Thanks again!

decript, Echoseven and Boardumb like this.