Universal Adventure To Fate - Dungeons [Dev Blog]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Touchmint, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Once again just polishing stuff up for most of the day. Squashed 2 of the major fixes I needed to handle. Looking good like I can start testflight here at the end of the month. I have no idea how apples system works these days but I would assume they have made it easier than 4-5 years ago when I last used it.

will keep you guys more updated now that things are getting wrapped up at a faster pace.

again if you wanna test pm me or post here.

2. Josh laudenslayer

Josh laudenslayer New Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Male
  3. karl

karl New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 11, 2013
  4. PewPewOnYou

PewPewOnYou Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
    Happy to see another title from you!

5. Ayoon

Ayoon Member

Sep 3, 2015
    #45 Ayoon, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Hey, I'd be very interested in beta testing! I'm on an iphone XR and game fairly regularly.

6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yep will get all you guys added as well as the people that pm’d me.
    Stuff is getting really close after quite a few long delays (life happened haha).

Anyways updates will be more frequent. stuff is really starting to come together now.

thanks for the support! It really does give me some extra energy and drive.

7. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Was wondering why I got so many request yesterday/overnight.

Thanks for the feature TA. Won’t let you guys down. Will try to put up a bit better promo video before beta as well.

Boardumb likes this.
  8. PewPewOnYou

PewPewOnYou Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
  9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thanks again for all the requests I’ll get you guys all added.

Just a quick update squashed all but one of the bugs I need to take care of last night.

I have a timer but left that’s being very annoying it’s not critical for beta testing but something id like to get fixed.

other than that it’s just prepping the game for TestFlight (closing off certain classes/pets/areas so we can focus the testing on what needs it). Making sure other stuff is closed off that’s not ready yet. Once that’s all done I’ll do one more play though as a tester and check everything then work on figuring out how to submit it for testing. I believe apple has to review it for testing but I think it’s a pretty quick process.
    Still shooting for the first week of feb for testing.

10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Getting real close the goal is to submit everything to apple this weekend if I dont hit any major bumps along the way!

I got that huge bug / annoyance figured out with about 2 lines a code (thats embarrassing lol!) glad to have it gone tho!

that means its just minor fixes / adjustments to ready stuff for testflight. Here is my current list. I will be updating daily from here on out until i submit to apple for test flight.

Here is a little insight into how my checklist works.

Add more crafting items.
    Horrific dagger staff etc. confuse chance. Purple so it can’t be in shop.
    Maybe add some new potions (tiger agi and str) hawk agi and wis etc

Create Character Work

Make savage and alien the random default to select. Close off all but Ranger illusionist.
    Close off classes you can’t pick

Remove 1000 starting gems.

Maybe unlock some starting pets and lock enchanted / de chanted and alien.

Unlock jeweler and alchemy (for testing)

Add some story in or remove some story at start of game

Add are you sure you want to leave this arena? There is no coming back message (when getting ready to move to the next arena)

Change title on main screen to future battle

Change game icon to the assassin blue background you already made somewhere (gotta find that from like 4 years ago)

Set final database for testflight submission.(could be tricky apple changes this stuff all the time so fingers cross)

Write up questions for testers to complete (I have some of this written up but I need to look online how people do this if its integrated with testlight or i send out an email doc or what).
    example: How much ending hp and mp at level 10 and 15.
    What level did you end arena 6 at?

As you can see stuff is getting close. Thanks again for the support!

AltsKev likes this.
  11. Law

Law New Member

Dec 3, 2019
  12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Will get you added law thanks for by interest!

in development news I’ve made most the needed changes Above and doing a test through to make sure they all work and balance is ok. Still planning to submit for testing as early as Sunday but at the latest wed.

will try to update you guys a bit later tonight

13. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Ok did another play through as Time Guardian to get a break from coding and things went well. A few minor tweaks but we should be good to go on that classes changes.

as for getting ready for TestFlight we just have a few minor things to take care of left.

here is the current list:

Maybe unlock some starting pets and lock enchanted / de chanted and alien.

Add some story in or remove some story at start of game

Add are you sure you want to leave this arena? There is no coming back message (when getting ready to move to the next arena)

Change title on main screen to future battle

Change game icon to the assassin blue background you already made somewhere (gotta find that from like 4 years ago)

Set final database for testflight submission.(could be tricky apple changes this stuff all the time so fingers cross)

So things are going well. Still looking like a Tuesday submit to apple I assume their turnaround is pretty fast so may have beta testing by next weekend if things keep going well.

14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    All but 1 change has been made and can release the beta without that change so working on figuring out the TestFlight submission and system process.

long as I don’t hit any bumps with TestFlight and the build should be submitted by wed night at the latest.

15. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys just wanted to give a quick update. Got everything completed but made quite a few changes on some bosses so doing one more quick play through then submitting. Will give you guys an update when it’s submitted later tonight!

AltsKev likes this.
  16. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    After a much expected battle with xcode and appstore connect i finally got the build submitted earlier today. Still needs to pass review /fingers crossed. Will keep you guys updated if I hear more!

Gwarmaxx and AltsKev like this.
  17. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    The build has been approved by Apple and Invites for the beta test have been sent out! let me know if you have any trouble or I missed you for the invite! Everyone that PMd me or posted on here should have gotten an invite.

Thanks again for all the support guys. It really does push me and helps me get motivated so I appreciate it more than you guys would ever know!

Boardumb and AltsKev like this.
  18. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I’ve gotten some good feedback already which is great (if you have not emailed me feedback no rush I understand and can see not everyone has gotten around to playing yet).

Anyways I have an update hopefully coming soon based on this feedback along with a new feature that will make this seem like even more of a dungeon crawler with replayability.

along with finding treasures each new arena that might contain gold items skills and pets im adding in the ability to find spellbooks which greatly increase the dynamics / strategy of the game. This means adding about 10-15 arena themed new skills. if you find a spellbook in say the graveyard arena it may have an option of 3 undead based skills. Bone armor, blood leech or curse of fate for example.

anyways here is a screen of it in the early works. Hoping to get this update submitted by Tuesday.

CCD70E70-B00E-48D2-A684-FA9CC4446D41.png

19. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys hoping to submit the beta update 1.1 today. Battled with a pretty bad crash after creating the choose a skill system. Should be all fixed. Made some other tweaks and additions to make stuff a bit more easy to understand and more enjoyable. Hoping to get update submitted tonight hoping it will be live tomorrow.

20. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    The update has been approved by apple and should be live.

changes improvements include:

to see all these features you’ll need to make a new character

now you can find skillbooks that give a choice of 3 skills (a bit more strategy and diversity in character builds)

polished up some of the world view to be more interesting

added about 10 new skills and slightly modified some for balance reasons.

No more exp or guild loss on death to make progression easier.

Going to open up testing to another round of people post here or pm me if you are interested.

if you have beaten the testing please fill out and email your testing feedback. Email or pm me here.

ste86uk likes this.