Universal Adventure To Fate - Dungeons [Dev Blog]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Touchmint, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Going to put quests on the back burner for now and focus on classes. Ideally you’ll start with 3 classes to choose from and be able to unlock up to 12 different classes (all classes from quest to the future, a few from quest to the core and a few new ones).

Going to get these in and tested will have some gameplay screens and videos soon.

William11011 likes this.
  2. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Always good to see you still tinkering TM. I’ve been playing your games and following your work since I started on TA in 2012. You sir are an Indie King! Keep it up Mint and let us know if you need anything!

Jake

3. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Hey thanks for the support.

Yea unfortunately I had to take about a year off to work on a pc project which I’m still kind of working on as well as taking up a part time job to get health insurance haha. My dev time is a little more limited than it used to be but glad to be back at it! Thanks again.

4. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

I’ll have to take a look at services and what can be done but translations most likely won’t happen. I actually have to write all the text into the controls/objects so the game can be compatible for the visually impaired. So unfortunately it’s one or the other but I will take a look to see what can be done.

5. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys sorry about the lack of updates got a bit side tracked with a freelance website development project that I had to complete. Also need to update my baseball stats tracker app now as well because apple changed something and I’m getting crash reports :/. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and I can get back to get game will keep you guys updated!

William11011 likes this.
  6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys just a quick update. Back to work on one of the new classes. Doing initial testing and design/programming of new skills. Not much to say besides this will be a magic user :)

William11011 likes this.
  7. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Long time no update. Well life got busy so this project and app development in general was put on hold. The good news is over the last month or so I have made some good progress on the game and am shooting for a holiday release.

Over the last month or so I have mostly reacquainted myself with my code and polished up some systems. I also added 2 new classes and am in the process of testing the new skills.

I will post more as I have more and try to post daily on here not only as updates for anyone still interested in the game but also motivation for myself to get atleast something done everyday!

decript and AltsKev like this.
  8. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    wow very happy to see you back on this game :p
    i have love your other adventure to fate ! can't wait !

Touchmint likes this.
  9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Worked a bit more on the new class “Savage” tonight. Done with about 5/9 skills currently. Will post a bit more about them once they are complete. Here is a little preview of the character creator with that class and some of the other new classes.

3439FE05-4007-4B0D-8EE4-407045BDDD91.png

The design is still a Work in progress but here is a little preview of the other new classes as well. More updates tomorrow.

AltsKev likes this.
  10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Did a full play through with Savage class and things are going well. Have some adjustments to make for balancing and tweaking animations but otherwise seems pretty set to go.

working on spicing up npcs today as well. Just a reminder this is the “free” version of the previous title future fate however as you can see there are about 3-4 new classes and will be about 20% new monsters and items to spice things up for people who played future fate.

11. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    #31 AltsKev, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Do you need beta tester ?

12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Soon! And yes I will add you to the list.

Hopefully I can have everything lined up for testing by early dec.

I realized voiceover has completely changed how it works and for those not aware my previous games we voiceover compatible for the visually impaired. I plan on making sure this one is too so that might push the timeline back a bit.

AltsKev likes this.
  13. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Did a bit more work on the reward system. You’ll get to choose from 5 different rewards every 10 battle levels. These rewards are mostly randomized each time so should make each play through even more unique.

here is an example of one I just finished.

002EB8EE-E824-4794-B6E7-B5D43D2E3955.png

AltsKev likes this.
  14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    885EFAC4-A741-4C44-A711-B8CF5B7B9ED9.png A bit more polishing up as well as squashing some leftover bugs. Testing 5th out of 10 areas a bit more. Added 6 monsters and about 10 item drops to spice things up.

AltsKev likes this.
  15. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey just wanted to check in and update. Been a slow week working on testing the new zombie class. Not much to report on besides thinking out some skills and coding those skills. Zombies will mostly focus on high hp drain and mp train. They will be medium class and have some confusion powers.
    Will post a class preview here a little bit later maybe a small video.

AltsKev likes this.
  16. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Working on the last class over the last few days. The alien class will mainly focus on spells and confusion. Will have some healing powers as well morphing abilities into different alien types.

class name still work I. Progress may change to something more interesting than alien. Also working on the skills. Have about 6/8 skills again working on naming and effects for them.

once I have things sorted will post some media for it.

this will be the final class for launch.

after this it’s down to polishing the levels a bit more and then I should be ready for an early TestFlight.

after that I need to polish up for iPad as well as ensuring voiceover works correctly.

The game may launch without voiceover initially it just kind of depends on what kind of rebuild I’m looking at I know apple changed a lot so if it’s something I can take care of in a week or I delay launch and add it. If it’s a bit process I’ll launch without it and work on it for the first update.

17. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Just a quick update here. Spent the last week or so playing through on the alien class. Went well. Found a bunch of minor bugs and tweaks each play through that I’m almost done fixing.

Hoping to finish this class up fully over the weekend. Which will mean all the classes are done and finalized. As I created these classes if fixed minor bugs / changes as l build but put aside some of the more in-depth stuff which I’ll work on next week. Hoping to be to a point where I can put out a a TestFlight before Xmas. Should include all the classes and up to 6/10 arenas for people to test out and play.

18. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Not a ton to update here but just wanted to post things are still in motion. Just finishing up polish on arenas 7/10 and 8/10 so getting close. This involves testing for bugs as well as adding things like more monsters items and pets.

again getting close looking to still have beta jan or feb.

AltsKev likes this.
  19. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Made some overall changes to how stats work which caused me to have to adjust stats on monsters and compare classes etc. this is taking a while since I have to play through the whole game a few times.

I have 1 big problem with how shops work which can likely be bypassed but it’s something I need to decide on before the game is released as well.

the good news is after this play through I’m going to start polishing up for some beta testing. It’s been a while since I’ve done it and I’m sure it changed a lot (hopefully apple has made it easier).

anyways for the test I’ll likely include 3-4 classes that really need testing and up to the 4th arena (which is about 80 of the 100) fights in the game.

this includes:
    locking out all but 3-4 classes to be created.
    Locking arena after the 4th arena.
    Figuring out how I’m going to handle shops. (Likely will leave as is)
    Figuring out how I’m going to handle returning to previous arenas (likely will lock)
    Setting up some feedback forms.
    Playing through myself one more time from level 1-4
    fixing any minor bugs that pop up.
    Creating a set database to release TestFlight with (already created just need to finalize and set it to accept it). Usually quick but again been a while on Xcode.
    Submit to apple.

so this is what I’m working with. Going to try my best to finish this up by next weekend. I’ll check off stuff as I get it done.

Lull4by likes this.
  20. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Ok did 2 more play throughs over the week as well as fixing about 20 bugs/balance adjustments.

Added a handful of new items pets images as well.

working on about 4-5 fixes / adjustments. Then I can prep for TestFlight.

if you are interested in testing post here or pm me. I’ll prob take as many as I can get so let me know.