Universal Adventure to Fate: Battle Arena JRPG (by TouchMint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. ALWH1588

ALWH1588 Member

May 7, 2014
    Finally beat it after a few days it was pretty hard to put down. I admit I splurged on some gems to unlock the Druid and alchemist but it was well worth it and a fun combination!

I'm not sure why people are so upset about watching a few ads on a free game that gives quite a bit of entertainment. I admit I didn't watch many ads besides for buffs towards the end. I guess the alchemist profession is pretty grind free so maybe I just was not in the same position.

Im looking forward to replaying with the heirloom belt and boots. It should make my vampire paladin unstoppable!

Any chance we could get a list going of all the crafts? I started a list of all the alchemy potions and I will post it up here later once I finish it.

2. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I just much preferred the upfront price of the last game instead of the fremium model in this one. Call it personal preference. I disable IAP and actually have to enable it for the rare occasion that I really want to buy something inside a game. On the other hand, I spend a decent amount up front on games.

3. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I hear ya I just wanted to make it a bit more accessible (just like you normally stick with paid there are people that would never think of paying for a game). I was hoping to hit it in the middle but it looks like I over did things.

I am finishing up the update now but was looking for some advice on how to go about removing the ads.

These are the 4 types of ads in the game currently:
    Banner ads during battles after level 25ish?
    Optional Video ad to replay a battle after level 12ish?
    Optional Video ad to gain extra materials.
    Optional Video ad to gain stat boost before battles.

These are my plans:
    Remove Banner ads.
    Remove Video ad to replay a battles
    Remove Video ad to gain extra materials. (Randomly gain them instead)
    Remove Video ad to gain stat boost before battles. (Randomly give them instead)

This sound reasonable or should I just get rid of the extra materials and stat boosts altogether?

4. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Seems quite reasonable to me. Appreciate that you listen to the feedback and will be happy to continue to support your efforts.

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I just came here to post about the ads lol. I hate ads. If a game is good I'm happy to pay to have them removed. I already made a purchase but the ads are still there !! I will play again and recommend the game once I see I can get rid of the ads. People who made any purchase shouldn't have ads. I pay money for my data it's not unlimited.

Also why doesn't the character reflect what armor and weapon it's equipped? The characters model never ever changes. It would be really nice to see the customizations.

Billy

6. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    I think it's a good game! (=
    I am just a bit disappointed when I found out that I won't be able to play as a Wizard and craft stuff for my rogue as a weapon smith... I did really hope a wizard weapon smith would be able to build the same stuff as a rogue one but so far I can only craft staffs )=

7. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #107 Touchmint, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015

EDIT: I have completed this once the update hits the store you will be able to weaponsmith all 36 items instead of just the 12 for each class tier.

A Question for everyone.

I am just finishing up ads and this is how it will stand. When you pay 1.99 to remove ads you will also receive bonus materials every time and a bigger bonus blessing every time as well as no ads in any way. Does this seem fair or should I go back to .99 to just remove banner ads and still give the option to watch video ads for bonuses or replays?

Ive had some PMs come in so those of you that pmed please put your opinion here. As it is now I am doing the 1.99 with extra bonuses until i hear differently.

8. Ryanvdw

Ryanvdw Active Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Leatherworking

Hey i just got to level 28 on my leatherworker only to find i get a pair of green pants with not very useful stats. Is this meant to be or is it a mistake.

I think the .99 to stop ads is sufficient, having bonus matts and bonus blessings every fight would make it a tad too easy imo!

9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Those pants are actually pretty good (a bit better for druids but still good for rogues).

Tied for best AC (10) on leather pants in the game and 4 of wis (needed for resist in frost area and adds to druid damage on their 2 major spells) also some of the best SP and HP recovery on an item in the game. But I understand they are more geared towards druids than rogue. Not this update bc I am close to releasing and would have to retest a bunch but I will see if I cant add some crit or agi on there as well. Leather working already has some crazy good items (I think this is why you are having an easier time than others) so adding too much might kind of unbalance things a bit.

As for the ads maybe I will try to find a way in the middle. I really dont want to have a remove ads purchase there that still leaves optional ads but you are right giving the bonus everytime can be overpowering for sure. Maybe I will just do it so you get the random bonuses and do it for .99. More feedback would be great.

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Hi,

Hell yea! I will definitely pay that to remove the ads and get bonus material. That's a good deal. Can I preorder haha? Thank you for listening. I really do like the game I played it for about two hours last night.

Billy

11. ALWH1588

ALWH1588 Member

May 7, 2014
    Like I said the ads never really bothered me and I actually like being able to buff myself by watching them when needed. I hope you won't remove this option for everyone!

I'm still finishing up my potion list but I actually started a jeweler on my cleric since I had not heard neone talking about it. It's actually pretty cool I figured it was just rings and necklaces but later on I was able to make light armor shields and a light armor crown im not sure if it's on par with how op alchemist is but it's pretty cool. I'll be making an item list for this too!

12. Ryanvdw

Ryanvdw Active Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Yeh maybe just change the sp and hp recovery for a little bit of Agi. It was mainly just annoying me that they were uncommon instead of epic or better tbh hahaha

I do agree that leatherworking has some sick items! Ive only just levelled a leatherworker now, so id like to think its from my many years of playing RPG games and theorycrafting #

You could maybe just have the extra materials and bonus blessings given out at like 20%-30% chance?

13. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    I love you! Hahaha.

14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Im first a gamer and second a dev so my goal is to make a game I would want to play. I initially had it so you could craft all weapons but testers had trouble and made items they couldn't use. I think I finally figured out a pretty good way to keep both sides happy. :)

15. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    The frost area is rough. Gearing up...

16. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #116 Touchmint, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    Just Finishing up submitting the update now.

Here is a little summary of what will be in the update (keep in mind this was a quick update I still have a good list of features to make it in the next one).

ATF Update 1.1

-Roller-
    -Fixed race select (when hitting the left race arrow it wasn't updating descriptions)
    -Updated jeweler description so it now tells the types of items you can make.
    "The forging of metal jewelry such as rings, bracelets, necklaces, shields and crowns."

-Game Play-
    -Advanced Crafting Mode (shows all blacksmith things you can make)
    Now displaying ALL weaponsmith crafts. Be sure to only craft what your characters can use. There is NO undoing this action.
    -You can now view Full stats and full help library by taping anywhere in the stats box during a battle.
    -Sped up battles a tiny bit (will do more in the future there are tons of components to this besides just changing 1 timer)
    -Upped all bonus gems for completing Arena Stages (should gain about 25-75 more per play through)
    -Upped some fights bonus gems (about 10-15 more per play through)
    -Banner Ads now start a few levels later
    -Ad or gem to replay now start a few levels later
    -Bonus Loot for watching an ad now gives about 15% more materials.

-IAP-
    -Added Remove Ads
    *No ads during battle
    *No ads for replays
    *No ads for bonus loot (Always get bonus loot)
    *Removed ads for bonus blessing (Now it will cost gems if you have removed ads and really want a bonus blessing)

-Added Double All Gems Earned IAP
    With the changes to Gems earned in general you are looking at earning about 500-600 per play through. this will allow you to unlock all classes, races, professions, vaults, etc pretty easily in a play through and a half at most.

-Added restore purchase for both of these (Pain in my ass haha)

That should cover it I am in the process of submitting and will be testing throughout their review process. Update reviews have been pretty quick I am hoping for a 2-3 day review process at the most!

17. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    What class are you?

Avoidance type skills help. Dodge and block are big factors when the enemies are hitting so hard! Also don't forget about the buffing potions they help quite a bit as well.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You. Are. Awesome.

19. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Haha thanks! Glad to give you guys what you want. Keep the suggestions and comments coming!

20. ALWH1588

ALWH1588 Member

May 7, 2014
    Ok I finally finished this list up. I'm sorry if I'm missing anything or wrong but this should be a good starter. I'm also sorry for the formatting I couldn't figure out the website tables

Strong Amber Potion Level 2 Healing HP 70-100
    Strong Teal Potion Level 2 Healing SP 70-100
    Vial of Strength Level 2 Buffing 4 Str
    Vial of Intelligence Level 4 Buffing 4 Int
    Vial of Protection Level 4 Buffing 20 Armor
    Vial of Luck Level 6 Buffing 4 Luck
    Vial of Regain Level 6 Buffing 7 Restore SP & HP
    Vial of Wisdom Level 8 Buffing 4 Wisdom
    The One Vial Level 8 Buffing 1 Str, int, agi, wis, luck
    Vial of Toxins Level 8 Buffing 15 chance to poison
    Potion of Refreshment Level 8 Healing HP SP 60-90
    Ruby Essence Level 10 Healing HP 90-125
    Sapphire Essence Level 10 Healing SP 90-125
    Vial of Agility Level 10 Buffing 3 agility
    Vial of The Leech Level 12 Buffing .1 vampire sp & hp
    Vial of the Ox Level 14 Buffing 8 str
    Vial of Precision Level 14 Buffing 15 critical chance
    Vial of The Cobra Level 14 Buffing 12 poison chance & damage
    Strong Ruby Essence Level 16 Healing HP 110-140
    Strong Sapphire Essence Level 16 Healing SP 110-140
    Vial of the Wolf Level 16 Buffing 8 intelligance
    Vial of Recovery Level 16 Buffing 20 restore hp
    Vial of Restore Level 16 Buffing 20 restore sp
    Vial of Owl Level 18 Buffing 8 wisdom
    Vial of Shock Level 18 Buffing 5 stun chance
    Gaia Dust Level 18 Healing SP 150-200
    Life Essence Level 18 Healing HP 150-200
    Bottled Stamina Level 20 Buffing 1 stam
    Vial of the Leprechaun Level 20 Buffing 8 luck
    Vial of Tortoise Level 20 Buffing 50 armor
    Living Energy Gem Level 20 Healing HP SP 100-125
    Vial of Rabbit Level 22 Buffing 6 agility
    Vial of The Vampire Level 22 Buffing .2 vampire hp
    Vial of The Witch Level 22 Buffing .2 vampire sp
    Vial of The Widow Level 24 Buffing 15 chance 30 poison damage 1 extra poison round
    Vial of Stone Level 24 Buffing 15 block
    Liquid Magic Level 26 Healing SP 200-300
    Liquid Health Level 26 Healing HP 200-300
    Liquid Energy Level 27 Healing HP SP 125-175
    Liquid Recovery Level 28 Buffing 30 restore hp & sp
    Jug of Domination Level 28 Buffing 10 str & int
    Jug of the Unliving Level 28 Buffing .2 vamp hp & sp 25 Restore HP & SP Per Round 25 Restore HP & SP Per Round
    Jug of Enduring Level 28 Buffing 75 Armor 10 Block Chance

If anyone has weaponcarfting or leather/cloth crafting I would love to add that to the sheet. Maybe we could make a full list of the crafts? I will write the jewlery one once I finish and get the level 26 and 28 recipes.