Universal Adventure to Fate: Battle Arena JRPG (by TouchMint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Ryanvdw

Ryanvdw Active Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Good Job!

Currently stuck on round 120 playing as a Knight with Armoursmithing#. Once you get to the Frost Arena it seems as though the tactical side of the game disappears and it becomes very luck based. In the current battle as soon as the Shaman summons a Golem its GG as it can hit for over 550 damage and i only have around 800hp.. The Frost Arena definitely needs some tweaking i would say! Apart from that its a killer game, but i do agree with the above post in regards to the IAP! Really enjoyed the original game and would have much preffered a one off price rather than IAP. Well done on making this game though it will keep me entertained for quite some time #

2. ALWH1588

ALWH1588 Member

May 7, 2014
    Game Impressions

Really liked the first and am loving the second. Seems like this game moves a lot faster. A lot less dodging and the addition of crafting really makes things interesting. I love the new belt slot concept it reminds me of Diablo 2!

I'm on level 110 and pushing forward. How many levels are there and can we move legendary items in the vault? I went with a alchemist and found out the +1 Stam potion is crazy. Figure moving some of my potions over to a weaponsmith paladin would be unstoppable. Don't get me wrong the alchemist are cool I love how I can use potions without costing stam but I think the combo would be killer so hopefully I can move them over in the vault.

3. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey man I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not a fan of micro transactions either but I really tried hard to make them optional. I've played a lot of games with and without and I tried to find a sweet spot. Honesty fate games are so easy to get you'll be finishing the game with around 200-250 without crafting anything and 100ish if you craft everything. so I felt 1 to replay a level wasnt too bad.

I will be adding an iap to remove all adds as well as free replays next update.

4. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    #44 Xaintrix, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Well the free to play got me to play this when I normally would have passed (would have regretted not playing in hindsight). One or two durable IAPs being put in to improve quality of life like that I'll gladly pay for!

Edit: anyone know what the Bonus Materials button does? I have no feedback when I press it except the button disappears.

5. Stingman

Stingman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Right there with you. I downloaded as well b/c it was free to play. I haven't dove into it too far but it's been a pleasant experience for the 30 minutes I spent with it.

6. RampageDeluxe

RampageDeluxe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    I've made it to 25 on the first section. It feels like the difficulty really ramps up at this point. It's got a surprising amount of depth, as well. I'm very reluctant to use Gems, so I haven't done much in the way of crating yet. Once I get further in, I'll experiement with it. I'll see how far I can go before I go to sleep.

7. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    #47 Xandrak, Jan 23, 2015
    Realized that you only heal a certain amount after battles. Thought that you might heal fully at first.

8. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Things do get a hard but I kind of wanted it that way. Not where it was all luck of course but the frost levels I made as bonus levels (very hard ones). However if you combine 1 or 2 of the top professions legendaries it gets quite a bit easier. Also don't overlook skills, potions and equipment that has block (even if they are low level like defend it adds I believe 15-20% block chance). For a physical attack like the golems moving your block chance up really helps.

Anyways I'm glad you enjoyed this and thanks for taking your time to post here. I'm guessing you might be 1 of the first to beat it so if you don't mind share your strategies I'm sure the other readers would love to hear them.

9. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Played this game yesterday.

I have a few questions so far:

1. What is meant with the cost value in the crafting menu?
    I seems like I only need the materials to craft an item.

2. How many fights has one level?

10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Sorry about the confusion ive been working on an update nonstop so I am not thinking the best haha. But yea if you could go a little more indepth with your questions I should be able to answer them.

11. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Has anyone created two characters each with a different craft yet? I think I'm gonna unlock the Vault, create a warrior with weaponsmith, so he can craft stuff for my rogue!

12. NightmareCC

Apr 30, 2014
    Ok sorry if it wasn´t correct enough.
    I will try be more precise :)

1. When you click onto one of the craft items it opens a popup dialog.
    If I remember correctly then the cost label is below the item description.
    But I could recheck it later.

2. I mean how often do I need to fight in the ring before I can use the portal to travel into the next area.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im pretty sure this is one of the intended things to do in the game to powerup our characters to tackle the more difficult battles, instead of witching (with a capital B) about this being freemium. ;)

14. Retro Nug

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Yessir! I think the game is very fair about being freemium btw.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Agreed.

16. Retro Nug

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    #56 Retro Nug, Jan 23, 2015
    Hmmmm well my Knight is almost caught up in level etc to my Rogue, but he hasn't learned to craft any daggers yet. Hopefully what a character learns to craft isn't based on the class they are. Like Knights only learning to craft swords and stuff.

Edit: Woe is me! I'm an idiot and wasn't paying attention and deleted my "main" guy! At least I was only at 81 fights completed, but I did spend some Fate Gems on crafting. # oh wells. I don't really mind starting over...amd I got a really good reroll on stats this time.

17. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Wow fantastic game Im going to tell pocket gamer and appspy :):D very addictive :) also I'm voting this game for the game of the week

18. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    As for the first question I think the cost you are speaking of is the gold amount? I think thats what it will sell for once you create it and don't need it anymore. The material part is what it takes to make it.

As you fight in the arena a bar fills up at the top once you fill that bar you can move to the next arena location.

Hope that helps;)

19. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #59 Touchmint, Jan 23, 2015

Sorry I didn't catch this early enough but weaponsmiths will only craft for their class type.

Paladins & Warriors only make heavy
    Druids & Rogues only make medium
    Wizards & Clerics only make light

I did this because when you were leveling up testers didn't like the fact your crafting list was filled with items you could not use or were not for your class. They would waste mats on a dagger that was not as good as the sword they could be using.

This is the only profession that is handled this way and could be changed the crafts are there just hidden. Maybe I could make a button show the hidden ones I just don't want to confuse people.

Also your Fate Gems are account wide so even if you delete a character with them they will stick around.

20. NightmareCC

Apr 30, 2014
    Yeah this helps. Thank you :)